Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvement View Post
Old cracker azz bigots dying off...

Just attach some cement blocks to his feet and toss him in the Atlantic somewhere. He might eventually make a good coral reef.
Hey, don't wish that on the ocean. I was just diving today and am doing so tomorrow. I like the fish, don't scare them away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM

743 posts, read 2,070,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jesse Helms was a man who stood for something and you never had to guess what that was. We need to have more honest people in government.
Honest and racist. Does Barack Hussein Obama qualify to be the next Jesse Helms? He has been called a racist enough times.
Quote:
My son said the men he served with in the Navy had the upmost respect for Jesse Helms. He was a man they could depend on when they needed something.
Let me guess. You, your son, his descendants and "they" are proud Aryan.
Quote:
We say Bro. Jesse in an endearing term, because he is our brother in Christ.
"Brothers in Christ" are bigots in sheep clothing. After all, hate groups like KKK, CCC, World Church of the Creator have their ties to churches.
Quote:
Have a little respect for the fact that he has a family who loved him very much.
Stalin's family loved him very much. The same can be said for families of Jeffrey Dahmer, Osama bin Laden, William Gacy, OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson (pedophilia anyone?), Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris, child rapists, chick rapists, serial killers, school shooters, etc. The lists goes on.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,920,877 times
It's actually flattering to see so many people actually seeing Helms for what he honestly is than to patronize him. All I have to say is that I wished Helms actually did have an hour in heaven so that he could get the biggest grilling by Tim Russert on Meet the Press (along with the usual final judgment) before being sent to the pit of Hell where Helms can join the rest of the disgraced politicians like Thurmond, Nixon, and Andrew Jackson.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,756,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
God;what is going to be posted if teddy keeenedy dies.More or less waht many in this country have come to really.
Typical conservative ploy to equate Ted Kennedy to that racist bigot. I wonder why conservatives think this racist bigot is a patriot yet condemn Michelle and Barack as being racist bigots?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,362,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I wonder why conservatives think this racist bigot is a patriot yet condemn Michelle and Barack as being racist bigots?
Tooooooooo funny!

And oh soooooooo true.

Ken

Old 07-05-2008, 11:14 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,621,468 times
Thumbs down helms the monkey

The mere mention of his name conjures memories of the BS that came out of Helm's mouth. All I could think was how embarrassed the people of North Carolina must feel?

Seems there are a number of real lame/ foul Republicans [like the current president of the U.S.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 AM

95 posts, read 60,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hey, don't wish that on the ocean. I was just diving today and am doing so tomorrow. I like the fish, don't scare them away.
I'm sorry chiel; I should have been more considerate of our marine wildlife.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 AM

26,239 posts, read 49,123,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The mere mention of his name conjures memories of the BS that came out of Helm's mouth. All I could think was how embarrassed the people of North Carolina must feel? Seems there are a number of real lame/ foul Republicans [like the current president of the U.S.
Yes. In today's WaPo, the headline for this story now reads: "N.C. Senator's Hard-Line Conservatism Helped Craft Republican Social Agenda" which points towards what I've felt for years, i.e., that the GOP agenda is solidly based on racism and bigotry. Many of the GOP's tenets seem to be a form of code talk, since overtly racist language is no longer practical in-print or on the airways. Helms and his ilk have delayed our nation's progress long enough, its time to move forward.

For example, Helms' code talk of "spiritual and moral cleanliness" for our nation is patently transparent to mean white purity and no racial mixing. He's the alpha-male politician to followers like Dobson, Gingrich, et al.

washingtonpost.com

Old 07-05-2008, 01:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Default One More Backwards Bigot from the Olden Days Is Gone from Our Midst

Quote:
Jesse Helms was a man who stood for something and you never had to guess what that was.
You sure didn't! "If you want to call me a bigot, fine!" - Jesse

"The New York Times and Washington Post are both infested with homosexuals themselves. Just about every person down there is a homosexual or lesbian."
-- 1995 "The University of Negroes and Communists"
-- Reference to the University of North Carolina devised by Mr. Helms when he worked for Willis Smith's 1950 U.S. Senate campaign.
"Your tax dollars are being used to pay for grade-school classes that teach our children that CANNIBALISM, WIFE-SWAPPING and MURDER of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior."
-- Fund raising mailer, 1996
"All Latins are volatile people. Hence, I was not surprised at the volatile reaction."
-- After Mexicans protested his visit in 1986
"She's a damn lesbian. I am not going to put a lesbian in a position like that. If you want to call me a bigot, fine."
-- Explaining why he was opposing the appointment of a woman for a cabinet post.
"They should ask their parents if it would be all right for their son or daughter to marry a Negro."
-- In response to Duke University students holding a vigil after Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated, 1968

Quote:
My son said the men he served with in the Navy had the upmost respect for Jesse Helms.
utmost... and Im sure your son knows you well and respects your feelings, and will tell you what he's learned you want to hear.
Quote:
He was a man they could depend on when they needed something.
So they depended on Jesse's pork and handouts, did they? Hmmm.
Quote:
It is an honor to live in the county where Bro. Jesse was born. We say Bro. Jesse in an endearing term, because he is our brother in Christ.
He may be your brother, but he is NOT in Christ. You still have time to repent, he doesn't.

(Hint: Christ said "Love one another." Do you have the faintest inkling of what that means?)

Quote:
May God bless and be with his friends and family.
Yes indeed, may He help them to turn away from Jesse's legacy of cruelty, misery, divisiveness and hate, and the sooner the better.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM

20,358 posts, read 19,965,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvement View Post
Old cracker azz......
Is "cracker azz" a racial term?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies