Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Maybe "harassment" isn't the right word, but you certainly are antagonistic.

You haven't used derogatory terms, but your attitude toward gays is very derogatory.
How exactly am I antagonistic? How is my attitude towards gays derogatory? I have read tons of opinions on here that are very derogatory towards gays by other posters yet I try to respectfully voice my opinions without stooping to that level. I'm sorry if this is a touchy subject. As I stated before, if you cannot handle dissenting points of view regarding homosexuality, then you probably should not be in this forum because there are many that disapprove of homosexuality and who are not ashamed to voice their opinions about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 02:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Where do you think the internal conflict comes from?!
When people do things that goes against nature and what's right, there is always going to be an internal conflict.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:03 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
How exactly am I antagonistic? How is my attitude towards gays derogatory?
You think it best for them to change and/or repress their identities, right? You want to impose your brand of Christianity onto others in the form of legislation, right? "Derogatory" doesn't sound like the appropriate word, but I would say that's quite antagonistic.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:04 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
When people do things that goes against nature and what's right, there is always going to be an internal conflict.
What's "right" is extremely subjective. And on a personal note, I didn't have any problems with my identity until other people started objecting to it. The self-loathing began when I was unable to find acceptance where I wanted to, not because I'm not heterosexual.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
There will always be people who will try to tie horrible things to homosexuality.

STD exist in every type of sexuality. Homosexual and heterosexual.

So why are you choosing to try to associate it only with homosexuality.

And to write that gays suffer more depression...well...no duh...

Old 11-26-2008, 02:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
How exactly am I antagonistic? How is my attitude towards gays derogatory? I have read tons of opinions on here that are very derogatory towards gays by other posters yet I try to respectfully voice my opinions without stooping to that level. I'm sorry if this is a touchy subject. As I stated before, if you cannot handle dissenting points of view regarding homosexuality, then you probably should not be in this forum because there are many that disapprove of homosexuality and who are not ashamed to voice their opinions about it.
I can handle it just fine, thank you, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and "respect" opinions that are based on junk-science, ignorance, and a 2000-year-old book of fairy tales.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Sure, Connie. Continue to ignore modern science. You're good at that.

In the meantime, the modern world is leaving you behind.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Quote:
Standing up on two legs once would have been regarded by an objective observer as "going against nature".

Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anunidentifiedmale View Post
i can handle it just fine, thank you, but that doesn't mean i'm going to sit here and "respect" opinions that are based on junk-science, ignorance, and a 2000-year-old book of fairy tales.
:d

Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
connie remember the verse 'woman, hold thy tongue'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies