Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't trust the source.
Sounds like you are closed-minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I have to agree with this post. The underlying theme of many on this thread is that the problems faced within the gay/lesbian community is the fault of heterosexuals and this so-called "anti-gay bigotry". If gays/lesbians suffer from higher rates of mental disorders, I think it is more of a result of the internet conflict within themselves and not the fault of society.
Have you ever taken a sociology class? As individuals, we're not islands. We're all influenced by what others think of us and by what society wants us to be.

Your consistently anti-gay posts are infuriating, by the way. I really think you just like to harass people, to be honest.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
She's not closed-minded. She's made a decision about an obviously biased source.

If you reject the philosophies of the KKK, I guess I could say the same about you: You're closed-minded.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:13 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
hmm I wonder why the suffer depression. It couldn't possibly because of bible thumping a holes that constantly harass them. No that can't be it.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Have you ever taken a sociology class? As individuals, we're not islands. We're all influenced by what others think of us and by what society wants us to be.

Your consistently anti-gay posts are infuriating, by the way. I really think you just like to harass people, to be honest.
How am I harassing anyone? I am voicing my opinions as anyone else on CDF. I have not used any derogatory terms towards the homosexual community. If you cannot take criticism or dissenting points of view, then you should not be in the "Politics and other Controversies" forum then.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
I have to agree with this post. The underlying theme of many on this thread is that the problems faced within the gay/lesbian community is the fault of heterosexuals and this so-called "anti-gay bigotry". If gays/lesbians suffer from higher rates of mental disorders, I think it is more of a result of the internet conflict within themselves and not the fault of society.
Where do you think the internal conflict comes from?!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
How am I harassing anyone? I am voicing my opinions as anyone else on CDF. I have not used any derogatory terms towards the homosexual community. If you cannot take criticism or dissenting points of view, then you should not be in the "Politics and other Controversies" forum then.
Maybe "harassment" isn't the right word, but you certainly are antagonistic.

You haven't used derogatory terms, but your attitude toward gays is very derogatory.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
I really think that people that hate homosexuality to such an a extreme level to where they will go on and on forever about it are self hating homosexuals.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Everyone is about something.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
Summary: Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse. This paper highlights some new and significant considerations that reflect on the question of those mental illnesses and on their possible sources.

Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems
No surprise here. When hate (by people like you) is directed at homosexuals their entire life it's hard for it not to manifest itself in some way. Imagine if we just treated each other with kindness, instead of with some narrow minded, double talk Christian crap you losers like to dish out towards gays and others you disapprove of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies