Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Many times the professors are nothing more than instruments of indoctrination to liberalism. I know since I've been through a bachelors and masters program at two separate universities.
OH MY, how did you ever survive such a horrific thing?

ha ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 04:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
No, no. The point is obvious. You just don't like it.

The church-haters here on CD want to talk about church members getting brainwashed, and pastors bullying people to vote certain ways. And they could be right.

But the real brainwashing is going on every day at Universities and Colleges across America. It's not so much education that's going on, as indoctrination. We're not looking at institutions of learning, as much as ministries of propaganda.

Nobody wants to admit it, but it's true.
Real brainwashing? In colleges and universities in America? I attend college and university and never once have they endorsed or showed bias toward any group. Republican or Democrat. Professors do not talk about it. I do not pay for college to hear them rant about who do not like or who we should vote for. The ONLY professor who told us who he was voting for was my political science professor. For obvious reasons, LOL. He did not tell us but we could tell who he was voting for.

Church haters? LOL. Who are you referring to Church hater? Nobody has said they hated the Church here. Or are you one of those type that when you lose debates you start crying "BUSH HATER! SARAH HATER! MORALS HATER!" like the other user posted. It sure seems like it. I do not agree with the Church and think that its stance on gay marriage is not right but I do not hate the Church. Chill out.

Nobody wants to admit because nobody can admit it. There may be some colleges yes that endorse the Democratic or Republican candidate but to say all of them are liberal is not correct.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Um, what's your point exactly? That neither confirms nor denies the post you were responding to... try reading it again. In case you are still confused, I'll explain - the LEANINGS of a faculty have nothing to do with the college's affiliation. As it was said in his post, colleges are not politically AFFILIATED, and most have clubs for both Rep & Dem students. I went to three universities here in California, and none had a political affiliation that was made known.
EXACTLY! Gizmo, please read the post I posted before this one.

No college I have attended has endorsed any candidate.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
And conservatives are not educated and don't understand political science, economics and history?? LOL! Especially the revisionist history that liberal professors push upon their students.
No, most "social conservatives" do not understand political science, economics or history, and most don't care to understand it because they tend to make arguments that clearly show that they do not understand it. Fiscal conservatives can understand it, but most econ professors are not Liberal, but Libertarian, and thus, fiscal conservatives.

WHY ELSE WOULD THE PEOPLE WHO SPEND 8+ HOURS A DAY STUDYING POLITICAL SCIENCE, ECONOMICS AND HISTORY BE SO OVERWHELMINGLY LIBERAL?

Huh? What "revisionist history"? Nothing I was taught in my History minor was not a fact that can be backed up by hundreds of books.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM

706 posts, read 1,242,323 times
This would be a hate crime, just the same as if some pro-proposition 8 people were to vandalize an MCC church.

This is why I don't believe in the concept of hate crimes legislation. The crime itself should ne punished, without respect to the perpetrators religious and/or political views they have.

I have seen alot of typical liberal hypocrisy on this thread.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
OH MY, how did you ever survive such a horrific thing?

ha ha ha
It's the red tape that's required to get into my profession. I love learning but I just wished that the learning wasn't just one-sided. I only became aware of political issues from a conservative standpoint AFTER I received both degrees. Prior to this, I was just another blind democrat who knew jack-squat about what is really going on in our world today.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
This would be a hate crime, just the same as if some pro-proposition 8 people were to vandalize an MCC church.

This is why I don't believe in the concept of hate crimes legislation. The crime itself should ne punished, without respect to the perpetrators religious and/or political views they have.

Really? Where?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Real brainwashing? In colleges and universities in America? I attend college and university and never once have they endorsed or showed bias toward any group. Republican or Democrat. Professors do not talk about it. I do not pay for college to hear them rant about who do not like or who we should vote for. The ONLY professor who told us who he was voting for was my political science professor. For obvious reasons, LOL. He did not tell us but we could tell who he was voting for.

Church haters? LOL. Who are you referring to Church hater? Nobody has said they hated the Church here. Or are you one of those type that when you lose debates you start crying "BUSH HATER! SARAH HATER! MORALS HATER!" like the other user posted. It sure seems like it. I do not agree with the Church and think that its stance on gay marriage is not right but I do not hate the Church. Chill out.

Nobody wants to admit because nobody can admit it. There may be some colleges yes that endorse the Democratic or Republican candidate but to say all of them are liberal is not correct.
Depends upon what field you are studying in ... If you were going into the field of education, you will learn lots about the good of communism (er "collectivism") and how evil and shameful white, Christian men are.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Depends upon what field you are studying in ... If you were going into the field of education, you will learn lots about the good of communism (er "collectivism") and how evil and shameful white, Christian men are.
I was going into it. I am now going into child psychology.

I don't think that is true. Why would I think anyone is evil based on their religion or race?

I don't think like that...

Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. All crimes are motivated by hatred towards someone or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies