Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
The destruction of a house of worship whether it be a church, a synagogue or a mosque, for political purposes is a hate crime, and even more so an act of a despicable person.

So I gather from reading these post that the current attack on the church is ok right?

Am i confused with this?

Ergo useing that same logic than i wonder if the burning of church's and the bombings in the deep south during the height of the klan was and is also ok.

Am I missing something here?????????????????????????
Yes, you're missing the fact that nothing was destroyed. For the umpteenth time, I still don't think that makes it an acceptable act - but please, this is hardly equivalent to the KKK burning down a church. Especially if you've ever been to San Francisco, you'd know we have political "graffiti" all over the place. And why isn't anyone up in arms over the real hate crimes occurring around the country? Yesterday a poster started a thread about the Jewish pre-school being vandalized, mostly as a parody of this thread... but why haven't I seen that story mentioned on here, saying you're all outraged? Guess some people only care when it hits close to their heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 04:31 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Just because I work somewhere and vote a certain way does not mean my EMPLOYER agrees with it or participated in it.

Are you unable to distinguish between the 2?
How exactly do you pronounce "backpeddling"?

And are you aware of the FACT that college professors are not the "employers"?

Old 01-07-2009, 04:31 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Um, what's your point exactly? That neither confirms nor denies the post you were responding to... try reading it again. In case you are still confused, I'll explain - the LEANINGS of a faculty have nothing to do with the college's affiliation. As it was said in his post, colleges are not politically AFFILIATED, and most have clubs for both Rep & Dem students. I went to three universities here in California, and none had a political affiliation that was made known.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:34 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Um, what's your point exactly? That neither confirms nor denies the post you were responding to... try reading it again.
No, no. The point is obvious. You just don't like it.

The church-haters here on CD want to talk about church members getting brainwashed, and pastors bullying people to vote certain ways. And they could be right.

But the real brainwashing is going on every day at Universities and Colleges across America. It's not so much education that's going on, as indoctrination. We're not looking at institutions of learning, as much as ministries of propaganda.

Nobody wants to admit it, but it's true.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Durrr, a faculty member is NOT a college/university. And generally they are liberal (or libertarian) because they're educated and they actually understand political science, economics and history.

People are allowed to be political, non-profit enterprises are not allowed to actively campaign in politics. You really have NO idea what you are talking about when you post something that says absolutely nothing that disproves what I said. College campuses are generally liberal, but the colleges themselves stay out of politics and allow ALL political groups to exist on campus as long as they are respectful of one another. Any claim to otherwise shows that you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
How exactly do you pronounce "backpeddling"?

Many times the professors are nothing more than instruments of indoctrination to liberalism. I know since I've been through a bachelors and masters program at two separate universities.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Durrr, a faculty member is NOT a college/university. And generally they are liberal (or libertarian) because they're educated and they actually understand political science, economics and history.

People are allowed to be political, non-profit enterprises are not allowed to actively campaign in politics. You really have NO idea what you are talking about when you post something that says absolutely nothing that disproves what I said. College campuses are generally liberal, but the colleges themselves stay out of politics and allow ALL political groups to exist on campus as long as they are respectful of one another. Any claim to otherwise shows that you really have no clue what you're talking about.
And conservatives are not educated and don't understand political science, economics and history?? LOL! Especially the revisionist history that liberal professors push upon their students.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Ahhhh... So then, in your little world, it's perfectly acceptable for homosexuals to be violent, to destroy property, and to be hateful toward others - all because they feel they've been oppressed?

Interesting take on civilization there.
No it's not acceptable at all, but neither should it be perfectly acceptable to be violent, to destroy property, to deny civil rights or to be hateful towards others based on their sexual orientation.

But is it perfectly acceptable for some Churches and some Christians to spend an extraordinary amount of time energy and money to vilify, condemn and spread hatred of gays all because they feel they have a God-sanctioned right to do so based on a few mistranslated words a handful of verses taken out of context in their holy book?

Interesting take on the idea of what Jesus supposedly preached.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-07-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 04:45 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filetminions View Post

Teacher can vote and think HOWEVER they want to. It has no bearing on the school and it's tax exempt status. THe school itself did not donate any money to ANY cause.

The school is the employer and the FACULTY are just PEOPLE who WORK FOR THE SCHOOL.

Rocket science alludes you once again.

Some churches DONATED MONEY to prop 8 and they should no longer be tax exempt. Period.

Oversight is to watch those bible thumpers who are so busy following the LAWS of god that they cannot be bothered to follow the laws of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Last edited by Taboo2; 01-07-2009 at 04:59 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
No, no. The point is obvious. You just don't like it.

The church-haters here on CD want to talk about church members getting brainwashed, and pastors bullying people to vote certain ways. And they could be right.

But the real brainwashing is going on every day at Universities and Colleges across America. It's not so much education that's going on, as indoctrination. We're not looking at institutions of learning, as much as ministries of propaganda.

Nobody wants to admit it, but it's true.
Spoken like someone who didn't go to a real college/university. If you had actually been at a university you would see that it's just a place where people take classes and are opened up to the world for the first time. You are given a choice on which classes to take and professors do not spew political agendas during lectures. You do, however, learn history, political theory, languages, engineering, computer science, biology and architecture. What do you learn at church? NOTHING BUT FAIRY TALES.

The college educated make up that vast majority of inventors and drive the economy. A 22 year old who spent 4 years in college is far more prepared than an 18 year old who just graduated high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies