Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
gizmo980, you can't be serious. Either you slept through the classes or you so completely agreed with your professors that you simply absorbed what they said.
We are both serious.

And none of us slept through class and no, I bet we did not agree on everything our professors said.

What is so shocking to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 05:32 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Depends upon what field you are studying in ... If you were going into the field of education, you will learn lots about the good of communism (er "collectivism") and how evil and shameful white, Christian men are.
That is a lie.

I studied education in college and they didn't teach anything of the sort.

I went 2 colleges and neither taught that.

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, you're missing the fact that nothing was destroyed. For the umpteenth time, I still don't think that makes it an acceptable act - but please, this is hardly equivalent to the KKK burning down a church. Especially if you've ever been to San Francisco, you'd know we have political "graffiti" all over the place. And why isn't anyone up in arms over the real hate crimes occurring around the country? Yesterday a poster started a thread about the Jewish pre-school being vandalized, mostly as a parody of this thread... but why haven't I seen that story mentioned on here, saying you're all outraged? Guess some people only care when it hits close to their heart.
I agree with you.

Is a church's walls being temporarily "scarred" by graffiti more outrageous than a lesbian being gang-raped by four men "spewing anti-lesbian epithets" to some people? Some posters on this forum said that particular rape shouldn't even be considered a hate crime, but are now expressing much more outrage for the "hate crime" of an act of petty vandalism on a church's walls than for the crime against a lesbian that will scar her for life.

Arrests made in gang rape of San Francisco lesbian

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
It's true that liberals are now the best educated political "type" in America. I'm proud to be one of them.

Profiles of the Typology Groups: Beyond Red vs. Blue

Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Obviously, we cannot know the sexual orientation of the vandals until they are (hopefully) arrested, but the press reports point to gay rights activists, which is what I was refering to when I said "gay".
Well, that would be an incorrect use of the term... because MANY gay rights activists are straight. And obviously a ton of straight people supported the issue, or it wouldn't have been such a close vote - considering gay people make up maybe 10% of the vote, but probably more like 3-5%.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I agree with you.

Is a church's walls being temporarily "scarred" by graffiti more outrageous than a lesbian being gang-raped by four men "spewing anti-lesbian epithets" to some people? Some posters on this forum said that particular rape shouldn't even be considered a hate crime, but are now expressing much more outrage for the "hate crime" of an act of petty vandalism on a church's walls than for the crime against a lesbian that will scar her for life.

Bingo... that was pretty much my point, and it's funny how they accuse liberals of being hypocrites. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
But the real brainwashing is going on every day at Universities and Colleges across America. It's not so much education that's going on, as indoctrination. We're not looking at institutions of learning, as much as ministries of propaganda.
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
We are both serious.

And none of us slept through class and no, I bet we did not agree on everything our professors said.

What is so shocking to you?
Yup, I was 100% serious... so were the other posters who challenged that BS, and probably every one of my fellow alums if I asked them. Believe me, I disagreed with PLENTY of what my professors said - but not once did I feel "indoctrinated," especially since I am capable of thinking for myself. If anyone here couldn't handle their professors having different views, that is the true example of ignorance. Many students said "I disagree" to a professor, and I never witnessed any of them being failed, kicked out, or otherwise punished for doing so. In fact, most of them welcomed dissent and debate, which is what made them good professors.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-07-2009 at 05:53 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 05:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I agree with you.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!

I tried to rep you but it won't let me!

Very hypocritical of some conservatives.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:54 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
Here's one example

College Student Stands Up to Liberal Professor | Breaking News, Conservative Blog, Daily Updates

Watch the video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies