Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
One problem I have with many liberals is they feel that because you can't prove religion, as you stated, you should not teach anything that is based on religion. The premier example of this is Intelligent Design. The premise of Intelligent Design is that the universe, and the life in it, was created by an intelligent being. For many people, that being is who they call God. The concept of Intelligent Design does not establish any particular religion, though it acknowledges a supreme being.

On the other hand, "science" has given us the theory of Evolution. Like Intelligent Design, Evolution also cannot be proven. Yet, these same liberals that don't want Intelligent Design taught in our schools are in favor of teaching Evolution, another unproven theory.

Can you explain to me why these liberals permit this hypocrisy?
Liberals have always been about hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm actually not 100% opposed to abortion...but I do want to present an alternative stance.
Not all women are going to get out and get abortions just like that.

It is obvious that there is an "alternative stance". It is the womans choice. Have you ever stopped to think that women consider all stances first?

I know a friend of mine who did. She chose life. But she was very serious about getting an abortion at first.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I believe it is much better to vote based on logic and reasoning. That goes to the liberals by far. I dont see why anyone would base their political beliefs from a religion.
There are literally millions of Democrats / liberals (and conservatives of course) who are very religious - and vote based, in part, on their religious beliefs. It is human nature to vote for someone who shares your core values.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
So you and afro are stereotyping in the same way you were attacking tlv for??? Do you not see the difference?
No, I wasn't stereotyping at all. Point out the stereotype that you see and I will address it.

I said that militant attitudes are annoying and unappealing, no matter who they come from.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
[MOD CUT]
[MOD CUT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
NOPE! Wrong again! Man it is just so hard to get through to you.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-10-2009 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and response

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post

3,486 posts, read 5,685,534 times
Quote:
One problem I have with many liberals is they feel that because you can't prove religion, as you stated, you should not teach anything that is based on religion.
Sure, you can teach things based on religion. Just not on my dime and not to my children.

Quote:
On the other hand, "science" has given us the theory of Evolution. Like Intelligent Design, Evolution also cannot be proven. Yet, these same liberals that don't want Intelligent Design taught in our schools are in favor of teaching Evolution, another unproven theory.
Many years of scientific observation and vast amounts of scientific data support the theory of evolution, but there is no scientific basis for intelligent design. The theory of evolution meets the standard for a scientific theory -- intelligent design does not. Intelligent design is merely a hypothesis -- one which lacks objective evidence necessary to make it a theory. Evolution is a theory in a scientific sense; intelligent design is a theory in a colloquial sense -- which means that one must be uneducated in basic science in order to take intelligent design seriously.

Quote:
Can you explain to me why these liberals permit this hypocrisy?
It's not hypocrisy -- it's rationality. Most religious people realize that religion cannot and should not be made to compete with science.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There are literally millions of Democrats / liberals (and conservatives of course) who are very religious - and vote based, in part, on their religious beliefs. It is human nature to vote for someone who shares your core values.
That has been said 1000s of times. I know and I think it is stupid to vote based on religion. Simple as that.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
I just hope that EEEEE doesn't find this thread. For those of you who know who he is, you understand why.
Now that we can all agree on.

I can't rep you.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
That has been said 1000s of times. I know and I think it is stupid to vote based on religion. Simple as that.
But how is it possible not to if your religion is an extremely important part of who you are?

Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies