Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
No doubt about it, an innocent SOMEONE or innocent MANY WILL be killed, maimed, seriously injured eventually (which is truly scary as we know that there is a high probability of this happening and no one is doing anything to prevent it). There are too many gun-toting "it's my rights to do so" people who are armed and ready to shoot and/or bomb anyone who gets in their way, disagrees with them, or whatever. Exactly - if we are to follow the "Bush Doctrine" - then why are we sitting back and doing nothing to prevent something horrible from happening?? I don't understand it either.
And people say the Right lives in fear? Get a grip gal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:29 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,880 times
Quote:
I have no clue why "kevvie's losin' it." I think it's quite obvious that there are enough heavily-armed nutsos running loose in the United States. It's not helping that big-mouths on radio and TV are encouraging them to violence. Granted, most people with their wits intact are not actually going to follow through with violence, but there are enough that I think have been brainwashed to the point that they will take action and innocent people will be killed. I don't see this as a laughing matter whatsoever. The gun or bomb does not care whether the victim is an adult or child, Democrat or Republican; bottom line is that there are loose cannons out there.
yep, there are loose cannons out there alright. Many of them are in the WH.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why is it that we can go hard after foreign terrorist but ignore the festering sore of DOMESTIC conservative terrorist groups? What are we waiting for? The President to be killed? A Senator to be killed? A building to be blown up (again)?
The FBI and the CIA need to go after these groups and JAIL them for terrorism BEFORE they strike! The Bush doctrine said that "no longer will we sit back and wait for them to attack us". So what the hell are we waiting on? We should be rounding up these people and sending them to detention camps NOW!

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US
Well, seeing as this is from the Huffingtonpuffington Post, and lo and behold, it cites (once again...this is old news) the Southern Poverty Law Center is the Source!

KevK, you've really got to get a life.

These people even deny what most of us already know, that Mexicans have a strong desire to retake the Western United States, there is a group within the US that actively works to make it happen (I have forgotten the name of the group...I'll have to look it up), this organization ignores the fact that the OKC bombing was carried out by (at least one) someone who had known ties to Muslim terrorist, having met in the Philippines with an Al Qaeda group. They instead make it sound like this guy was some kind of "right-wing" extremist. He was anything but!

I only domestic terrorist groups I know of groups like "Code Pink", ACORN, and the SEIU. Unions have always resorted to violence when picketing, slashing tires, attacking people who disagree with them, beating them up.

ACORN has also done this, and Code Pink has disrupted speeches by conservatives with violence. The most recent incident by one leftist group resulted in the shooting of a Pastor during a Church service, and wounding others.

Funny that this article, nor you, mentioned these groups.

Finally, the US Constitution, if you've ever heard of that Document, gives us the right to protest, speak out (even against the government), and to Freedom of the Press. Every hear of those rights? Those are real rights, and they are to be protected at all costs. They are presently being threatend by this administration.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
And people say the Right lives in fear? Get a grip gal.
First off, what's this with "gal"??

Secondly, this has nothing to do with "living in fear". It's living with crazies in our country who are bringing assault rifles and guns when they go to events where the president is at or at town hall meetings where people get together to discuss things.

Thirdly, all I can say is that the gun-toting, small wee-wee creeps better leave their guns at home; if not, I'll be bringing my 4 foot Paula Dean rolling pin which can do some damage too. Do me a favor and check the constitution and see if it says anything about Paula Dean rolling pins and/or pans being part of our constitutional right to bear arms/weapons.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
yep, there are loose cannons out there alright. Many of them are in the WH.
Yeah, of course they are. Were they there the last 8 years or just since January, 2009?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,880 times
Quote:
Yeah, of course they are. Were they there the last 8 years or just since January, 2009?
Some have been there for decades. Alot more showed up January 2009.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wanna see if any democrat says anything about that

Old 08-27-2009, 11:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
I have no clue why "kevvie's losin' it." I think it's quite obvious that there are enough heavily-armed nutsos running loose in the United States. It's not helping that big-mouths on radio and TV are encouraging them to violence. Granted, most people with their wits intact are not actually going to follow through with violence, but there are enough that I think have been brainwashed to the point that they will take action and innocent people will be killed. I don't see this as a laughing matter whatsoever. The gun or bomb does not care whether the victim is an adult or child, Democrat or Republican; bottom line is that there are loose cannons out there.
There are no "big-mouths" on radio or TV encouraging anyone to violence. Can you name some? I noticed you didn't. Could that be because to actually name some would require that you produce proof?

Besides, as an American Citizen I reserve my right to speak out agains what we see happening in our country right now, and that is the systematic dismantling of our Republic by a bunch of hard left extremists, who have gained power at the highest level of government, and they intend to "remake" or "fundamentally change" America (presumably to their liking). Those are Obama's words. Not mine. He has repeated that over, and over again, and he is doing it. He simply must be stoped, and the Constitution gives us the power and the authority to do it. It's called the right to protest, and it's called the ballot box.

If you do not see our country being destroyed by this bunch, you need to open your eyes. Look at where we are today, compared to a year ago.

Investigate Mark Lloyd, for example. How about Van Jones? Do the research. Learn what these people have in store. They are all connected, too, and ACORN is also at the heart.

Of course you have conveniently forgotten what the left was doing all during the Bush Administration. Apply your comment above, "Granted, most people with their wits intact are not actually going to follow through with violence, but there are enough that I think have been brainwashed to the point that they will take action and innocent people will be killed. I don't see this as a laughing matter whatsoever." to some of the groups (like Code Pink) that were demonstrating against the Bush Administration.

These people actually were violent.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 AM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
old saying. never bring a rolling pin to a gun fight. err i think maybe not

Old 08-27-2009, 12:00 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The FBI and the CIA need to go after these groups and JAIL them for terrorism BEFORE they strike!
It is illegal for the CIA to operate on US soil. Besides, their directive is not criminal investigations, it is intelligence and espionage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies