Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Wow, comparing our right wing losers to the likes of Hamas, the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah is to confer on them a level of skill, intelligence, ability and strength of heart that they are completely incapable of. Those "terrorists" groups that I just named are fighters. The right wing losers that infest the republican party are outright cowards. They get their jollies off of trying to act like their tough, but in reality they are nothing but a bunch weaklings, cowards and low-lifes, which is probaly the reason why the Government seems not to be concerned about them. If the US government flexes it muscles, these guys will scatter like roaches. They're all talk, nothing else.
Now I have heard it all. terrorist groups are fighters. They are not cowards? Yes brave men normally hide behind children when they want to fight. Brave men normally recruit special needs children to be suicide bombers. Brave men Normally target unarmed defenceless civilians. I stand educated on what bravery actually means now. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Conservative terrorists? In what context does this operate? Blowing up US civilians in the name of liberty and freedom?

I think you are confusing the boogiemen you hate, the modern day conservative movement in the Republican Party, and trying to lump them in with the anti-government radicals and the racial supremacists. Neither group has anything in common with each other.

Not all of you boogiemen are lumped in with the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity types.

Domestic terrorist groups however, are all on the left, the only ones who are not lefties are the Islamic domestic terrorist groups.
People interested in using violence to further their political ideology exist on both extremes. There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim that they are all on the left.

Just look at the racist websites training people for military action right here in the U.S. They are far right wing groups.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:51 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Wow, comparing our right wing losers to the likes of Hamas, the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah is to confer on them a level of skill, intelligence, ability and strength of heart that they are completely incapable of. Those "terrorists" groups that I just named are fighters. The right wing losers that infest the republican party are outright cowards. They get their jollies off of trying to act like their tough, but in reality they are nothing but a bunch weaklings, cowards and low-lifes, which is probaly the reason why the Government seems not to be concerned about them. If the US government flexes it muscles, these guys will scatter like roaches. They're all talk, nothing else.
wow a lot of hate there fellow American and even more BS

Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Well since the left is now planning on sending folks to the Town Halls to disrupt the proceedings and pretending they are on the right you can't tell the players without inside knowledge.

The left has admitted dressing up as clansmen and disrupting meetings before. That way it was blamed on the right loons. All Alinsky tactics.

I always say when someone throws around accusations it usually them who are doing the deed themselves. I learned this on a personal level and now see it on the national level. Sad but true.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
To clarify some of your points:

1. Bill Ayers was on the board of a very conservative individual's education initiative with Obama, so this attempt to link our president to a radical is mere propaganda (though the guy shouldn't have gone around blowing up buildings and no one's saying there aren't radicals on the left, just that there are many overt threats coming from the right currently).
Sure, all you need to do to wash away years of terrorism, is to join some education board that has a few conservatives on it, even if you are in the newspaper on 9/11 quoted as saying ”I don’t regret setting bombs,” Bill Ayers said. ”I feel we didn’t do enough.”

Quote:
2. The whole reason they've delayed closing Gitmo is to find alternative accommodations. Some other countries have offered to help in recent weeks, so, no, they are not releasing terrorists onto our streets.
The reason the are delaying the closing of GITMO is because reality hit 0bama in the face, because our president never thought past the thrill of signing an executive order to close it.

Quote:
3. The reason this administration has stopped using the phrase "war on terror" actually began with Britain. They, rightfully, recognized that by waging a "war" against what are essentially criminals was giving them a level of validation on par with powerful nations that was only feeding their recruitment and sense of grandeur.
so what is it called that our soldiers are dying for, a war on "overseas contingency operations" or maybe a war against "man-caused disasters"?? BTW, are we striving for victory in this war, or does the word 'victory" feel icky and 0bama is still doing opinion polling to decide on a better word for it?

Quote:
By treating them more like the criminals they are that need to be dealt with by simple orders of law, they are using language to deflate their recruitment power.
So the grand 0bama plan is to lower their self esteem? That's freaking brilliant! How about we also put pink women's underware on their heads, that should demoralize them too.

By treating them like criminals, you treat them as criminals, law breakers, disturbers of the peace, and ordinance violators and not as dangerous enemies of our country.

How will we ever win a war if the enemy caught on the battle field are all treated as simply law breakers, read their constitutional rights and then given a taxpayer funded attorney?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Now I have heard it all. terrorist groups are fighters. They are not cowards? Yes brave men normally hide behind children when they want to fight. Brave men normally recruit special needs children to be suicide bombers. Brave men Normally target unarmed defenceless civilians. I stand educated on what bravery actually means now. Thank you so much.
Rather than firing rockets from helicopters into apartment buildings at 2am like the IDF. One mans terrorist is another's Freedom Fighter

Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Sure, all you need to do to wash away years of terrorism, is to join some education board that has a few conservatives on it, even if you are in the newspaper on 9/11 quoted as saying â€I don’t regret setting bombs,†Bill Ayers said. â€I feel we didn’t do enough.â€
As I'm sure you were able to comprehend from my post, I was not defending Ayers. I was simply pointing out that this persistent effort to link him to our president in some meaningful way is mere propaganda.

Quote:
The reason the are delaying the closing of GITMO is because reality hit 0bama in the face, because our president never thought past the thrill of signing an executive order to close it.
That's not true. They just thought they'd be able to siphon them off more quickly.

Quote:
so what is it called that our soldiers are dying for, a war on "overseas contingency operations" or maybe a war against "man-caused disasters"?? BTW, are we striving for victory in this war, or does the word 'victory" feel icky and 0bama is still doing opinion polling to decide on a better word for it?

So the grand 0bama plan is to lower their self esteem? That's freaking brilliant! How about we also put pink women's underware on their heads, that should demoralize them too.

By treating them like criminals, you treat them as criminals, law breakers, disturbers of the peace, and ordinance violators and not as dangerous enemies of our country.

How will we ever win a war if the enemy caught on the battle field are all treated as simply law breakers, read their constitutional rights and then given a taxpayer funded attorney?
You clearly will disagree with Obama no matter what because you see him as something different than your ideology, but you're missing the larger point that European countries realized long ago: angry, young people living in poverty would much rather fight a war against the "White Devil" than be part of a criminal mob.

By validating them, we give them power. As I'm sure you've noticed, Obama has increased pressure on these groups by wisely redirecting military operations to focus on them rather than oil interests.

So, whatever we call it is irrelevant. As Bush admitted in a candid moment, you can't actually win the war on terror. It's always going to be there.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
People interested in using violence to further their political ideology exist on both extremes. There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim that they are all on the left.

Just look at the racist websites training people for military action right here in the U.S. They are far right wing groups.
All of the recent terror groups have been left-wing, eco-terrorists like ELF who fire bomb businesses, dealerships, destroy SUVs and trucks, animal rights terrorists like ALF , and the left-wing groups like the ones that shut Seattle, WA with riots over the WTO in 1999.

Do some research, hundreds upon hundreds of domestic terror attacks in this country come from left-wing groups, none from right-wing groups. You people are simply trying to manufacture right-wing terror groups.

All the left can ever point to is McVeigh, although evil, and a terrorist, he belonged to no terror group, he was just a murderous thug. The left's former terrorists like Bill Ayers are friends with 0bama, and now sit on education boards, or they are like Jeff jones from the Apollo Alliance, and they write legislation for 0bama.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
All of the recent terror groups have been left-wing, eco-terrorists like ELF who fire bomb businesses, dealerships, destroy SUVs and trucks, animal rights terrorists like ALF , and the left-wing groups like the ones that shut Seattle, WA with riots over the WTO in 1999.

Do some research, hundreds upon hundreds of domestic terror attacks in this country come from left-wing groups, none from right-wing groups. You people are simply trying to manufacture right-wing terror groups.

All the left can ever point to is McVeigh, although evil, and a terrorist, he belong to no terror group, he was just a murderous thug.
I guess the Holocaust museum murderer who was linked to many extremist right wing groups was just another murderous thug?

Come on. Take off your partisan blinders. Death threats against Obama are up 400%. Plus, ELF doesn't kill people, just destroys property (not defending them, just pointing it out).

Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
wow a lot of hate there fellow American and even more BS
We have a lot of brave right-wing soldiers who disagree with that nutbag, on all counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies