Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:14 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
People interested in using violence to further their political ideology exist on both extremes. There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim that they are all on the left.

Just look at the racist websites training people for military action right here in the U.S. They are far right wing groups.
Then, find me a conservative group that has committed acts of violence. The best you have is this boogieman of skinhead, racist militia groups, which no conservatives support. The media has been trying to scare everyone with the threat of militia groups for decades.

ELF (Earth Liberation Front) is a liberal group of environmentalists and man-made global warming enthusiasts who have cause much violence and destruction to private property.

I have given you plenty of opportunity to find a similar conservative group that is violent, not boogiemen you think might be violent one day.

Don't bother looking for racial or religious supremacists, members of fanatical religious cults, or the criminally insane, they are not conservatives, liberals, right-wing or left-wing, they are just freaks.

The groups committing acts of violence, and destruction of property are on the left, they are front and center in the Democratic Party and they now help write bills for 0bama and the democrats in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,798 times
Obama is the terrorist.

He took an oath to "preserve, protect, defend and uphold the Constitution". He has done exactly the opposite.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
I see you're still talking. That's all you guys can do, that's all you're good for. The US government doesn't fear right wing terrorists because conservatives as a whole are cowards and weaklings as evidenced by many posts on this thread. They get a rush out of bullying and posturing, but that is as far as they'll go.

Kinda sounds like you are working for someone in the administration or elsewhere and are trying to stir up some kind of confrontation at the Town Hall meetings.

The people turning out at those meetings are not cowards by the fact they are there. They are brave to question and be at a meeting with this administration recording license plates and taking names.

There are some out there who would just love to see riots start and plants at meetings to start trouble----maybe you are one of them. The Tea Party people do not want trouble and think questioning their government is allowed in our free society----maybe not for long but for now it is legal.

Go tell your boss the American people will not be intimidated---they will be law abiding but they will speak out about how the government is treating them. Last time I looked we were a free country.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:22 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,323 times
Holy cr*p. The extremists on both sides are getting more than a little nuts. I may not agree with President Obama on alot of things, but to say he is the same as the guys who flew a plane into buildings killing thousands is moronic.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
First off, what's this with "gal"??

Secondly, this has nothing to do with "living in fear". It's living with crazies in our country who are bringing assault rifles and guns when they go to events where the president is at or at town hall meetings where people get together to discuss things.

Thirdly, all I can say is that the gun-toting, small wee-wee creeps better leave their guns at home; if not, I'll be bringing my 4 foot Paula Dean rolling pin which can do some damage too. Do me a favor and check the constitution and see if it says anything about Paula Dean rolling pins and/or pans being part of our constitutional right to bear arms/weapons.
And just what is an "assault rifle"?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
First off, what's this with "gal"??

Secondly, this has nothing to do with "living in fear". It's living with crazies in our country who are bringing assault rifles and guns when they go to events where the president is at or at town hall meetings where people get together to discuss things.

Thirdly, all I can say is that the gun-toting, small wee-wee creeps better leave their guns at home; if not, I'll be bringing my 4 foot Paula Dean rolling pin which can do some damage too. Do me a favor and check the constitution and see if it says anything about Paula Dean rolling pins and/or pans being part of our constitutional right to bear arms/weapons.
You've been checking out all of the guys "wee-wee's"?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

The ACORN people standing in front of voting places with bats should tell you something. Nothing has been done about that since Obama got into office. Kinda makes one wonder.

The people who are hired to work in this administration also makes one wonder.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:41 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why is it that we can go hard after foreign terrorist but ignore the festering sore of DOMESTIC conservative terrorist groups? What are we waiting for? The President to be killed? A Senator to be killed? A building to be blown up (again)?
The FBI and the CIA need to go after these groups and JAIL them for terrorism BEFORE they strike! The Bush doctrine said that "no longer will we sit back and wait for them to attack us". So what the hell are we waiting on? We should be rounding up these people and sending them to detention camps NOW!

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US
I agree with you 100%, lets start arresting people if they are possible threats. If a kid steals a peice of candy let's not wait till he robs a bank, put him in jail right then for life. If person does not vote the way you do put them in a camp. The hell with the bill of rights we can afford that anymore. Let's just arrest people and re-educate them the way we want to think. Pol pot was right, forget idiots like Washington and Jefferson. Stalin and Mao were so much more caring of their people. The sad part is that there are people here who agree with this.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

You know there are radical groups ON BOTH SIDES who would like to use the middle to start something to further their agenda. I sure hope the people in the middle, good law abiding folks, do not let that happen.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
so do they stay on the domestic terrorist list then? i mean cause they only destroy property. and your other remarks are uncalled for. you be the adult ok
Haha .. lost what argument? I'm sure they are on the domestic terrorist list. Their attacks are usually against Hummers or sprawling suburban subdivisions that take resources and destroy land for homes. Since it's private property, I'm sure they are listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies