Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 12:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
First off, what's this with "gal"??
Oh, shoot. I must've been making the same mistake...I assumed by your name you were female!

Quote:
Secondly, this has nothing to do with "living in fear". It's living with crazies in our country who are bringing assault rifles and guns when they go to events where the president is at or at town hall meetings where people get together to discuss things.
Turns out that guy wasn't a "right winger" at all. But I guess you never read any of the follow up on that story.

Quote:
Thirdly, all I can say is that the gun-toting, small wee-wee creeps better leave their guns at home; if not, I'll be bringing my 4 foot Paula Dean rolling pin which can do some damage too. Do me a favor and check the constitution and see if it says anything about Paula Dean rolling pins and/or pans being part of our constitutional right to bear arms/weapons.
It just says the right to bear arms shal not be abridged. I guess you can include your rolling pin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 12:23 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
You really need to get back on your Prozac
I think ol' Kev is waiting for UHC so someone else can pay for his meds.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't read HuffPo but do you know who Bill Ayers is? How about Jeff Jones? Didn't we just have an election which was lost by the fact that so many people thought Juan McCain was just Bushlite? I think that now we have an entirely different group enforcing the law and they want to close Gitmo even to releasing the prisoners on our streets. They don't allow the use of the word, terrorist, or even the word, terror. They have whole new words to use in place of those so obviously they think that domestic terrorists are terrorists but the Islamists aren't.

Do you know who Jeff Jones is and was in history? Google him for the 1960s.
To clarify some of your points:

1. Bill Ayers was on the board of a very conservative individual's education initiative with Obama, so this attempt to link our president to a radical is mere propaganda (though the guy shouldn't have gone around blowing up buildings and no one's saying there aren't radicals on the left, just that there are many overt threats coming from the right currently).

2. The whole reason they've delayed closing Gitmo is to find alternative accommodations. Some other countries have offered to help in recent weeks, so, no, they are not releasing terrorists onto our streets.

3. The reason this administration has stopped using the phrase "war on terror" actually began with Britain. They, rightfully, recognized that by waging a "war" against what are essentially criminals was giving them a level of validation on par with powerful nations that was only feeding their recruitment and sense of grandeur.

By treating them more like the criminals they are that need to be dealt with by simple orders of law, they are using language to deflate their recruitment power.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:34 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
To clarify some of your points:

1. Bill Ayers was on the board of a very conservative individual's education initiative with Obama, so this attempt to link our president to a radical is mere propaganda (though the guy shouldn't have gone around blowing up buildings and no one's saying there aren't radicals on the left, just that there are many overt threats coming from the right currently).

2. The whole reason they've delayed closing Gitmo is to find alternative accommodations. Some other countries have offered to help in recent weeks, so, no, they are not releasing terrorists onto our streets.

3. The reason this administration has stopped using the phrase "war on terror" actually began with Britain. They, rightfully, recognized that by waging a "war" against what are essentially criminals was giving them a level of validation on par with powerful nations that was only feeding their recruitment and sense of grandeur.

By treating them more like the criminals they are that need to be dealt with by simple orders of law, they are using language to deflate their recruitment power.
it will have absolutely no effect at all on recruitment. Actually it will help it because they are going to be able to get away with more terror acts. Oh by the way, Obama is a radical extremist. You need to wake up.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There are no "big-mouths" on radio or TV encouraging anyone to violence. Can you name some? I noticed you didn't. Could that be because to actually name some would require that you produce proof?

Besides, as an American Citizen I reserve my right to speak out agains what we see happening in our country right now, and that is the systematic dismantling of our Republic by a bunch of hard left extremists, who have gained power at the highest level of government, and they intend to "remake" or "fundamentally change" America (presumably to their liking). Those are Obama's words. Not mine. He has repeated that over, and over again, and he is doing it. He simply must be stoped, and the Constitution gives us the power and the authority to do it. It's called the right to protest, and it's called the ballot box.

If you do not see our country being destroyed by this bunch, you need to open your eyes. Look at where we are today, compared to a year ago.

Investigate Mark Lloyd, for example. How about Van Jones? Do the research. Learn what these people have in store. They are all connected, too, and ACORN is also at the heart.

Of course you have conveniently forgotten what the left was doing all during the Bush Administration. Apply your comment above, "Granted, most people with their wits intact are not actually going to follow through with violence, but there are enough that I think have been brainwashed to the point that they will take action and innocent people will be killed. I don't see this as a laughing matter whatsoever." to some of the groups (like Code Pink) that were demonstrating against the Bush Administration.

These people actually were violent.
Ummm, Bill O. talking about Dr. Tiller........

Paranoia issues often?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
No doubt about it, an innocent SOMEONE or innocent MANY WILL be killed, maimed, seriously injured eventually (which is truly scary as we know that there is a high probability of this happening and no one is doing anything to prevent it). There are too many gun-toting "it's my rights to do so" people who are armed and ready to shoot and/or bomb anyone who gets in their way, disagrees with them, or whatever. Exactly - if we are to follow the "Bush Doctrine" - then why are we sitting back and doing nothing to prevent something horrible from happening?? I don't understand it either.
I agree that the number of violent minded weirdos has increased lately. It will not take much of a spark to make their powder keg explode. But by law they cannot be prosecuted unless they commit illegal acts.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:30 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why is it that we can go hard after foreign terrorist but ignore the festering sore of DOMESTIC conservative terrorist groups? What are we waiting for? The President to be killed? A Senator to be killed? A building to be blown up (again)?
The FBI and the CIA need to go after these groups and JAIL them for terrorism BEFORE they strike! The Bush doctrine said that "no longer will we sit back and wait for them to attack us". So what the hell are we waiting on? We should be rounding up these people and sending them to detention camps NOW!
Wow, comparing our right wing losers to the likes of Hamas, the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah is to confer on them a level of skill, intelligence, ability and strength of heart that they are completely incapable of. Those "terrorists" groups that I just named are fighters. The right wing losers that infest the republican party are outright cowards. They get their jollies off of trying to act like their tough, but in reality they are nothing but a bunch weaklings, cowards and low-lifes, which is probaly the reason why the Government seems not to be concerned about them. If the US government flexes it muscles, these guys will scatter like roaches. They're all talk, nothing else.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
it will have absolutely no effect at all on recruitment. Actually it will help it because they are going to be able to get away with more terror acts. Oh by the way, Obama is a radical extremist. You need to wake up.
For starters, if you haven't noticed, we have actually increased our pressure on these terror cells since Obama took over, redirecting military resources to actually fight terrorists rather than use terrorist attacks to protect oil interests. So, your claim is false.

Per your other suggestion, your credibility on Obama was shot on other threads, Robertgibbs. Your unwillingness to read factual evidence against your claims and just repeatedly assert "Obama is a radical extremist" without any supporing evidence reveals:

a) your lack of education and/or analytical abilities

b) your willingness to assert opinion as fact and thereby propagate false propaganda.

Again - you have absolutely no credibility on this board any longer.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
I understand that you cant pass up an opportunity to put conservative and terrorist together in the same sentence, no matter how bogus, but you are really reaching on this one kev, Quoting vague speculation from the SPLC via the huffnstuff post, Pretty much takes any serious debate out of the picture, but I am sure you feel good about getting to say Conservative Terrorists.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:42 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why is it that we can go hard after foreign terrorist but ignore the festering sore of DOMESTIC conservative terrorist groups? What are we waiting for? The President to be killed? A Senator to be killed? A building to be blown up (again)?
The FBI and the CIA need to go after these groups and JAIL them for terrorism BEFORE they strike! The Bush doctrine said that "no longer will we sit back and wait for them to attack us". So what the hell are we waiting on? We should be rounding up these people and sending them to detention camps NOW!

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US
Conservative terrorists? In what context does this operate? Blowing up US civilians in the name of liberty and freedom?

I think you are confusing the boogiemen you hate, the modern day conservative movement in the Republican Party, and trying to lump them in with the anti-government radicals and the racial supremacists. Neither group has anything in common with each other.

Not all of you boogiemen are lumped in with the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity types.

Domestic terrorist groups however, are all on the left, the only ones who are not lefties are the Islamic domestic terrorist groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies