Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM

48 posts, read 128,190 times

Advertisements

Excellent!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM

254 posts, read 653,382 times
The Californians always complain about the weather.. "it's too cold".. "It's rainy".. etc. They make their life about it.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,907,848 times
Yup! All Californians are exactly the same. The stereotypes on this forum are immature, prejudiced and highly inaccurate. Maybe some people should get out and travel.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times
I don't hate Californians, but wish they had stayed in California. The pretty much took over Bend and took it from an outdoor city to high end and it is suffering. Oregon does not want to be California. Sorry

Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 PM

56 posts, read 117,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Yep. Many admit it, and there's a lot more who just won't (admit it).
But I hadn't heard about a current rash of what you describe. Where have you heard this?
New Orleans once despised Californians, too. I'm sure they'd love to have those Californian's money put back into their city again.
Oddly enough, at least about 80% of the people I've met down here in southern Oregon (Medford) came from California at one time or another.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:08 PM

7 posts, read 11,786 times
I'm assuming this is a Californian busy worrying about what other people think of them or assuming that anyone else is picking them out of a crowd to hate? Seriously, if you can live and let live, it shouldn't matter where you're from.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:47 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
I'm fine with Oregonians(or Idahoans or Washingtonians or Nevadans or Montanans) complaining about Californians... Because as we all know, anyone who was unlucky enough to be born in California is obviously a sleazy Hollywood millionaire, coming to your drive up real estate prices and eventually turn your town into some sort of corrupt Sodom and Gomorrah..

What's not cool is the Oregonians who themselves moved to California at some point, yet still whining about Californians moving to and ruining Oregon. Once you become a transplant to my home state, you lose your Oregonian complaint license. At that point you're just a hypocrite. And even worse are the people in Oregon who complain about Californians---whose families are in fact originally from California.

Because everyone in every part of the country basically likes to complain about how much better their hometown or state was before those people showed up... Hell, I hear it all the time in my former hometown of Santa Cruz from all the people who never left town in their lives about how it was a veritable paradise before all the g'damn transplants from the rest of the country showed up.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:57 AM

286 posts, read 521,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wllingren View Post
I don't hate Californians, but wish they had stayed in California. The pretty much took over Bend and took it from an outdoor city to high end and it is suffering. Oregon does not want to be California. Sorry
Really, don't ya just hate it when people move!?! If everyone just stayed where they were born, life would be a parochial paradise as it should be...

Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Citizen CA-OR View Post
Really, don't ya just hate it when people move!?! If everyone just stayed where they were born, life would be a parochial paradise as it should be...

LOL! When I moved here people were downright nasty because I was from somewhere else. And that was Chicago, not California!

But here I am, 32 years later, so you can see how much it affected me.

Live here long enough, don't complain about was where you came from isn't here, embrace the weather and you'll do fine.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
About 15 years ago I moved to a small town near Seattle. Evidently new residents presented a threat to some ladies in the community, particularly when we started talking about Portland's neighborhood associations with bylaws and elections. We held an open house and one of the gals who was particularly upset with our community involvement asked in a sarcastic tone, "When did you arrive in (town name)?"

I have an attitude so I responded, "Some of my ancestors came over the Oregon Trail, one of my relatives founded Shelton and was in the first Washington legislature. When did you arrive?"

She was stunned and answered my question. I then welcomed her to the great Pacific Northwest!

After that she always walked on the opposite sidewalk from our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland