Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM

123 posts, read 321,451 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm it's alllll about the people. THE People can make or break your idea of an area. If they are not helpful, informative, honest, friendly from the get-go....I doubt you would settle in that place.

Go and spend a week (if you have that kind of money) in the area, drive around and take day trips.
Go to the libraries, hospitals, businesses, an event or 2.

I wish you well...we have been looking in that area and then some because the kids want us to. We are becoming more convinced though that Arizona is not for us. But then,..."life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"--Beatles LOL

Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM

125 posts, read 478,007 times
What other areas do you have in mind or have you looked into?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 PM

123 posts, read 321,451 times
Looked up Snowflake, Payson areas.....hated the drive UP or down that mountain, people in Payson were friendly, nice folks at a solar business and health food store but the land sucked for what we needed. Next trip is to Chino to look at a few places with hopes the roads into the properties are better.

Lived in Prescott Valley for a time in the early 90's but its exploded and the people and employers are dicey now ....so no.

If Chino doesn't turn something, we may have to try and leave AZ completely.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 PM

533 posts, read 1,462,524 times
Chino is smaller, quieter...pretty peaceful really, assuming you don't have loud/obnoxious neighbors. Been in my place for a few months and I love it. Prescott/PV is a short drive away if I want to do something out on the town, it's nice to have that separation for when I don't want the crowds and traffic outside my front door.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,871,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBEA View Post
Next trip is to Chino to look at a few places with hopes the roads into the properties are better.

Lived in Prescott Valley for a time in the early 90's but its exploded and the people and employers are dicey now ....so no.

If Chino doesn't turn something, we may have to try and leave AZ completely.
Chino will be no better in terms of jobs. It is actually worse than PV. 90% of the workforce drives into Prescott for their jobs.

You will also have to factor in 30 minutes of driving time to get to Prescott. Maybe longer depending on traffic and location.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,710 times
i've lived in chino valley,az just over a month and i have to say what a big disappiontment it has been,the drivers over here are crazy everybody thinks they have to bump draft w/you everybody rides on your butt they give no room to make a turn and the people are just as bad in stores as their driving i have three kids and we went to dollar tree in prescott about 20 mins away from chino but anyway this old lady just about ran my kids over in dollar tree even in the cheapiest stores youv'e got to be aware being afried that your going to get ran over chino and surrounding areas need to slow down alittle and breath you'll get to you desination the same time w/out taking somebodys life because you need to get to the drive thru window @ a liqour store

Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM

12 posts, read 49,166 times
Default CV schools that different?

We've turned our attention to CV after not finding what we wanted in Prescott. We've found two rentals that seem to fit our needs, one in the Del Rio Elementary School district and the other in the Territorial school area.

We actually like the one in the Territorial district better, but the greatschools.com test result ratings rank it at 5 out of ten while the Del Rio ranking is 8. That seems to indicate a major qualitative difference.

Any one have a comment on the relative merits of the two?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,540,291 times
I don't know enough to comment on CV, but raising your kids is the most important thing you will ever do, by far.

I would definitely recommend choosing your residence by the school and the peer influences. I am super glad we did that.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,948,303 times
Quote:
Bunker said according to the agreement reached Thursday, the Bond Ranch gets 75 acre feet of assured water supply and the town gets 75 acre feet of assured water supply and keeps the $750,000.

Also, according to the original agreement with Bond Ranch, the town had pledged Chino Meadows effluent to it. Under the new agreement, the town reduces the final amount that goes to Bond Ranch by 150 acre-feet.

Bunker stressed that the Bond Ranch must buy the Chino Meadows effluent.

This agreement, he said, opens the way for development to proceed at Del Rio Springs.
It appears that the last road block to the 3800 home subdivision in Chino has been overcome,expect another 10,000 people in Chino as soon as the economy improves a bit

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-05-2011 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 09-05-2011, 11:25 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,540,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
.....expect another 10,000 people in Chino as soon as the economy improves a bit

The economy is going to need to improve more that "a bit" to provide jobs for all those people. Actually, the economy is gonna have to improve quite a bit just to fill the vacant and for sale houses already on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott