Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:53 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Double standards. We can got to war on false info, we can have hunting, we can ruin the American economy but OMG if a football player has some dog fights, he deserves HELL!

I wish he played here still. He grew as a man and a player and is better for it.

Atlanta will never win championships as the owners here don't want superstars, they want "good ole boys".
Hey Randy I feel your paasion, but A. Blank is good people man. He had to let Vick go & start fresh. It was a business transaction. Nothing personal, Vick messed up, but Blank is still cheering for dude. Eagles & Falcons have played twice since Vick returned & both of Blanks pressers were solid & supportive.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
No one is Moaning its been over three years.. the only people who are moaning on here .. well you can read the post and telll.. As for blacks alot of them dont care anymore because its the past.. the puppy lovers are the only ones moaning hating and griping about something they cant do nothing about..
Co sign!

This thread reminds me of those weak a$$ protesters at the airport harassing TSA? Did anyone hear about these professional time wasters?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 AM

872 posts, read 1,712,744 times
I'm happy for Mike Vick. He's having an MVP season for the Eagles and clearly he seems to have matured since he played for the Falcons. What he did was disgusting but he more than paid the price for his actions. It seems pretty sick that a lot of people like to kick an athlete when they're down and out. It could be jealousy. If some no-name in the neighborhood killed a few of his dogs there wouldn't be half the attention. And the strange thing is there are many athletes that beat up their wives or girlfriends and the warped news media pays little attention to the more serious isues. Everybody deserves a second chance.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:43 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I'm happy for Mike Vick. He's having an MVP season for the Eagles and clearly he seems to have matured since he played for the Falcons. What he did was disgusting but he more than paid the price for his actions. It seems pretty sick that a lot of people like to kick an athlete when they're down and out. It could be jealousy. If some no-name in the neighborhood killed a few of his dogs there wouldn't be half the attention. And the strange thing is there are many athletes that beat up their wives or girlfriends and the warped news media pays little attention to the more serious isues. Everybody deserves a second chance.

i co sign this post

Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
So unless there is no injustice in the whole world then people have no right to complain about what Vick did?
How many years can you complain. Now that its been 3 years since the incident, where is the complaing going to lead too? How is it going to change anything that happen. People that are still griping are just causing themselves to have more of a headache.. Are will people complain about this till there 90 years old...

Old 11-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
How many years can you complain. Now that its been 3 years since the incident, where is the complaing going to lead too? How is it going to change anything that happen. People that are still griping are just causing themselves to have more of a headache.. Are will people complain about this till there 90 years old...
If Vick came back to the league & SUCKED ie throwing picks, getting sacked, missing wide outs this thread would not exist. The fact thay this brotha is doing better this time, then he did 2001-2006 makes some miserable.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:38 PM

479 posts, read 702,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
If Vick came back to the league & SUCKED ie throwing picks, getting sacked, missing wide outs this thread would not exist. The fact thay this brotha is doing better this time, then he did 2001-2006 makes some miserable.
Riggghttt. Its why child molesters and rapists are always forgiven and welcomed back into their communties with open arms. The whites anyway. Course the black man criminal, who was no doubt wrongly convicted, is not welcomed because, you know, he's black. Surrrrrreeee.

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy SNL skit where he went around disguised as a white man and discovered this secret world where whites got all kinds of free things and acted completely different when there werent any black people about. Course, it was meant as a satire, because the idea was absurd. But apparently some people still carry the race card around to be used for any and all occassions.

Do tell, if Vick was destined to be hated for his blackness, why did he receive such support from the white community before his conviction? Was it all a conspiracy, trying to make him feel comfortable and hoping that he would screw up? Some folks probably do believe something like that.

Im sure Tiger Woods is being mistreated too, huh? All because he is a black man. Nevermind he was the highest paid athelte in the world prior to his scandal. Its just whitey trying to take another successful black man down.

Gee, what if there were a successful black person that didnt screw up? You know like Colin Powell or Michael Jordan? Im sure its just a matter of time before whitey figures out a way to take them down too.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. All adults, and especially those with power and money, are responsible for their actions. Anyone who cant abide by that is living in the wrong country or outside the dominant cultural norms.

Society has no obligation to give anyone a second chance. It may choose to, it may choose not to. Depends on the individual and how they conduct themselves afterward. Seen Pete Rose doing endorsements recently? How is ole Pee Wee Herman doing? How long has his "second chance" taken? Or is it still a WIP?

No one has the right to demand that I or anyone has the right to DEMAND a second chance. If it comes, be thankful. If not, its on them because of what THEY did. Nothing to do with me.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times
It's easy to advise others when realities and experiences differ and the world is viewed from one's one sided experience. Have you ever heard Tim Wise. The goal is equality of treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNMI...eature=related

Old 11-26-2010, 09:06 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
Quote:
No one is Moaning ...
You think?

"Please stop picking on Michael Vick!"

"What he did was three years ago, so why can't you just forget about it?"

"You wouldn't say anything if he wasn't black."

"Well, maybe other athletes get bad reputations but it's different because Vick is black."

"If he was white it would all be swept under the rug."

"Okay, so what if he did get right back into football and is making $5 million a year, can't he have a second chance?"

"So what if he went to prison, he's out now so just forget about it!"

"They were just dogs he killed and I don't care about dogs anyway."

"A dog bit me once."

"What about George Bush?"

"Think about all the people in Afghanistan."

"Michael Vick is a black guy and if you say mean things about him people might think mean things about me because I am a black guy, too."

"Look, I have arrived in the mainstream so I don't have to fret about people stereotyping me based on Michael Vick, but just don't say anything bad about him."

"Don't blame Vick because he is simply a product of his environment."

"I have heard of white guys being involved in dog fighting, too."

"We black folks see things differently so we have to defend Michael Vick no matter what he does."

Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,587 times
You seem to have a lot vested in this conversation yourself, big guy. You seem to want to take lot of time to somehow prove your point-of-view on the opposite side of the Vick-debate if you're gonna pull out all these past lines.

Also, you can play the "straight-man" non-partisan/objective observer routine all you want...but your biases show themselves in the end. Feel free to cut loose and show us how you really feel.

Let it all out...no one's gonna care, not me ayways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You think?

"Please stop picking on Michael Vick!"

"What he did was three years ago, so why can't you just forget about it?"

"You wouldn't say anything if he wasn't black."

"Well, maybe other athletes get bad reputations but it's different because Vick is black."

"If he was white it would all be swept under the rug."

"Okay, so what if he did get right back into football and is making $5 million a year, can't he have a second chance?"

"So what if he went to prison, he's out now so just forget about it!"

"They were just dogs he killed and I don't care about dogs anyway."

"A dog bit me once."

"What about George Bush?"

"Think about all the people in Afghanistan."

"Michael Vick is a black guy and if you say mean things about him people might think mean things about me because I am a black guy, too."

"Look, I have arrived in the mainstream so I don't have to fret about people stereotyping me based on Michael Vick, but just don't say anything bad about him."

"Don't blame Vick because he is simply a product of his environment."

"I have heard of white guys being involved in dog fighting, too."

"We black folks see things differently so we have to defend Michael Vick no matter what he does."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football