Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Dont quote me bro.
And you don't dictate to me, bro. This is an open, public forum. If you post here, you need to fully expect to be quoted.

I am TRULY sorry that you were bitten when you were growing up, but to totally dismiss man's best friend for centuries like you have is simply not normal OR acceptable in a civilized society - no matter what race or ethnicity makes such statements.

I can accept the fact that Vick was raised around such repulsive behavior.

BUT, to excuse a college educated man that was eventually exposed to the much broader culture from acts like hanging, drowning, starving and smashing dogs into a bloody pulp for not "performing" to his sick standards is beyond reproach. THIS is the exact type of behavior that serial killers tend to start out with. In my - and the large portion of society at large's opinion, this is nothing less than a pathological mental disorder on full display.

Hopefully he has realized the evil he has displayed and inflicted. However, I honestly in my heart don't believe it for a minute. I hope to God he proves me wrong.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:06 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
I'm not saying anything like "whiteys are so racist,", some of my best friends are white. In society there are double standards be it social double standards or economic double standards. In Georgia there is an underlying race issues. Other professional players have made note of it with the sports teams in Atlanta. Now that being said Mike Vick paid his price that the courts said he had to pay. Let it go. If a man does wrong and truly says he is sorry what more can be asked of him?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I'm not saying anything like "whiteys are so racist,", some of my best friends are white. In society there are double standards be it social double standards or economic double standards. In Georgia there is an underlying race issues. Other professional players have made note of it with the sports teams in Atlanta. Now that being said Mike Vick paid his price that the courts said he had to pay. Let it go. If a man does wrong and truly says he is sorry what more can be asked of him?
I don't believe for a minute such a man is sincerely regretful for his actions, except that he had to pay a price for them. Just like other sociopaths ie pedophiles, rapists, serial killers, they will play to those in power in order to reclaim that which they want. Real feeling or remorse is not in the equation.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
So some people can look into a person's heart and see the truth? Even after years of war nations sit down break bread. Yet Mike Vick should be treated as if it was before it's the same today.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
So some people can look into a person's heart and see the truth? Even after years of war nations sit down break bread. Yet Mike Vick should be treated as if it was before it's the same today.
I see it this way: Suppose that I was Mrs. Michael Vick, and after years of knowing him as a certain person and trusting him, I discover this. Would I trust him again enough to allow him back into my life? No.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM

479 posts, read 703,182 times
Quote:
Word and apologies are EASY. Has there ever been a CONVICTED criminal who didnt say so (and/or that they were innocent)? If judges went by criminals' words the jails would be empty and the streets dangerous.

Anyone can say they're sorry and express remorse. But does the person really mean it? Only he/she knows. And only time, and their ACTIONS, will tell.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 PM

479 posts, read 703,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Why are you quoting me?
Because I can.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM

349 posts, read 781,564 times
The only thoughts I have on Vick is how the Falcons defense is going to stop him should they face him in the playoffs. We already know our defense is severely lacking. Plus we don't exactly have a good track record against the Eagles. Other than that I could care less. He did his time and payed his debt to society. Time will tell if he is a truely changed individual.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Oh noes... the poor doggies

Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
This absurdity will never be resolved.

As is typical, Vick's fellow AAs will come out and defend him no matter what. Just like OJ. They will make endless excuses for him and explain why they are doing so (hint: It ALWAYS comes down to whitey's fault, whether in the past present or future)

Yea, we have seen it many times, and will see it many more. SOS.
oh, stop the whiny bulls**t. vick has white supporters just as well as black ones. just because some blacks are claiming he did nothing wrong, that doesn't mean we all feel the same way. if anyone is being racist, it's you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football