Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 02:58 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
in some cases people ar a product of their environment. Mike Vick grew up around dog fighting as many people do in the south. The man said he was sorry what more do people want? How many people eat a lobster and not care that it was boiled alive? Nothing is said about the cook. Let it go, he did his time and he is out for the cause. Mike has changed his ways so concentrate on those who are still doing it.

As I mentioned before people are all hyped over dogs but what about fish? What about chickens?
Your so right, my pet lobster Fred and I enjoy playing catch in the back yard all the time.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:23 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
You gotta remember man it's the south we are talking here. A lot of these folks didn't like the reality of Michael Vick being quarterback even before this crap jumped off so any sort of excuse they can find to throw him under the bus is good for the Vick detractors. It just so happens that Vick shot himself in the foot with his stupidity.

Just don't ask them to feign any outrage over harm & abuse to human beings who are not like themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
in some cases people ar a product of their environment. Mike Vick grew up around dog fighting as many people do in the south. The man said he was sorry what more do people want? How many people eat a lobster and not care that it was boiled alive? Nothing is said about the cook. Let it go, he did his time and he is out for the cause. Mike has changed his ways so concentrate on those who are still doing it.

As I mentioned before people are all hyped over dogs but what about fish? What about chickens?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM

479 posts, read 703,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Its funny how we forget the asain kid shooting up VT and Vick showing support after the problem at the 2007 nfl Draft.....
What a heroic gesture indeed. Vick "showed support" for his alma mater after some nut killed a bunch of kids. That sure showed real character on Vick's part, that he would take such a controversial position....LOL

Just shows how us whiteys are so racist, forgetting as we did his magnaminous gesture.

What did Vick DO after the V-Tech strategy? Did he write a check? Did he help lighten the mood with some kind of campus event. Or did he just repeat words as typed up by his publicist?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Did you see how the philly residents gave him a standing Ovation when he entered the field..

Old 11-22-2010, 04:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This is beyond disturbing on so many levels. Dogs mean nothing to you? Activities the modern American does not understand?

Sorry, but this "modern American" refuses to understand, and is absolutely repulsed that we have people in society that feel this way.

I dont care either thats why I dont own a Dog.. Every since I got beaten twice, one by a LAB second by a german shepard, I have hated dogs. This happen when I was 10 and 14.. This is why I dont trust dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFoh...eature=related

Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
What a heroic gesture indeed. Vick "showed support" for his alma mater after some nut killed a bunch of kids. That sure showed real character on Vick's part, that he would take such a controversial position....LOL

Just shows how us whiteys are so racist, forgetting as we did his magnaminous gesture.

What did Vick DO after the V-Tech strategy? Did he write a check? Did he help lighten the mood with some kind of campus event. Or did he just repeat words as typed up by his publicist?
Why are you quoting me?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This is beyond disturbing on so many levels. Dogs mean nothing to you? Activities the modern American does not understand?

Sorry, but this "modern American" refuses to understand, and is absolutely repulsed that we have people in society that feel this way.
Dont quote me bro.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Whether dogs mean anything to you is beside the point, the fact that you obviously have NO problem with someone torturing and killing an INNOCENT and HELPLESS animal says more about you than any ignorant post you type on here and to put it out there for the world to see in a blog posting is even more astonishing. What other violent behavior do you have NO problem with?
What?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:06 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
A lot of these folks didn't like the reality of Michael Vick being quarterback even before this crap jumped off so any sort of excuse they can find to throw him under the bus is good for the Vick detractors.
I disagree. My grandsons idolized Vick and had Vick jerseys and Vick posters on their walls. We followed his career on television and at the Dome and the sports pages and were enthusiastic fans.

Vick was in no way a victim and he wasn't "thrown under the bus" by anyone other than himself. He had the world by the tail. His imprisonment was strictly the result of his own personal conduct.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:43 PM

281 posts, read 617,499 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16751282]I dont care either thats why I dont own a Dog.. Every since I got beaten twice, one by a LAB second by a german shepard, I have hated dogs. This happen when I was 10 and 14.. This is why I dont trust dogs

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFohu5g4pw&feature=

Did either attack happen to cause brain damage?

Last edited by elvez; 11-22-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football