Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 10:00 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

Yep, NFL Network is reporting that Philbin is gone. As I've said, I like Joe Philbin but felt when he left GB, did he have the right personality to be a head coach? He was great working with McCarthy in GB, everybody liked him, hated to see him go but being a coordinator or assistant is far from head coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 11:59 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Very true. It does appear that Philbin is out...who is the interim coach?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 PM

380 posts, read 431,059 times
The Dolphins by all intents and purposes should have fired Philbin at the conclusion of last season. Unless the interim coach can work some magic the 2015 season is virtually already a write-off.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:34 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Very true. It does appear that Philbin is out...who is the interim coach?
Tight end coach Dan Campbell who predates Philbin as a coach with the Miami Dolphins.

My impression is that the convincing argument was the players no longer respect head coach Philbin and especially defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle.

I can only imagine that owner Stephen Ross discussed it with at least some of the players and they agreed on Dan Campbell.

Perhaps online polls aren't worth much, but shortly before the announcement I read and participated in one which showed 83% of fans wanted both Philbin and Coyle to go.

We won't know whether the season is salvageable until they go on the field and play, one game at a time.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 10-05-2015 at 03:14 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 02:53 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Interesting that no one on the staff really had head coaching experience, and Philbin is out anyway. They really needed to make a change.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:06 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Read some interesting things from Packer reporters today, because of the Philbin connection and he was so well liked in Green Bay.

He has had trouble with Tannehill, practice squad and it hasn't been addressed properly. They have been intercepting Ryan, he gets mad, makes comments to them, Philbin tells them to take it easy on him. Supposedly Ryan said something like enjoy your practice squad check or money, or similar.

Things happen when teams practice but the coaches better have a handle on it, right away. Reading things like this make it seem like there are issues a coaching change may not fix.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
They reported the same thing on the radio station I was listening to. Tannehill doesn't really come off as a punk but at the same time I could see his teammates lacking respect for him. Maybe because of the seemingly large and premature contract he received.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
It is unfortunate and not surprising Joe Philbin has been terminated from the Miami Dolphins organization. This is the season the Dolphins should be winning games and making progress upward, not losing games in epic proportions.

The next permanent head coach of the Miami Dolphins needs to coach the team to win games, not play on or below a level of mediocrity.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:31 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I think he'll be gone before the next game.....

At least.... He should be....
ditchlights is good....ditchlights is wise

Old 12-08-2015, 12:13 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Default The Team is a mess

What a Disappointing season for us FInz Fanz. But, when you have a GM who has no experience, who runs the free agency like a fantasy football draft, and an owner who has NO IDEA what to do, what should we expect?
SO. for the benefit of everyone else's opinion, here is my fix.

1 The team is over the salary cap. This is because the bright GM paid a defensive lineman who has so far not produced, because teams KNOW to double team him, and left 10 other positions undone as a result.
Perhaps trimming some of the pork from the budget might be a good ay to start.

2 Draft Defensive secondary in first round. CB, Safety, whoever is best, get him.

3 Use any available free agent funds to buy offensive line. Marshal Landa is the best, but the Team cannot probably afford him.

which means 4 DRAFT OL in second round. No matter what, help, any help, is needed there.

4 Draft defensive lineman in 3rd
and then start looking at the best players with the skill set needed in other rounds
Now I know this may be a challenge, especially if Ross and company have not formulated a long term plan, and judging from last years free agency and draft they have not, but teams like the Patriots who are successful get a plan, and stick with it.

And that , BTW, is a good business model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football