Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times

Advertisements

He should just get over it and grow a pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I guess the apple does not far from the tree.

Is Richie Incognito's Dad Blasting Jonathan Martin On Message Boards?

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. He also implies that Martin has pondered suicide, and "does not belong in an NFL locker room."

I would post the screenshot - but the language is questionable.

The article also describes the research that links this particular user to Incognito's dad.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess the apple does not far from the tree.

Is Richie Incognito's Dad Blasting Jonathan Martin On Message Boards?

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. He also implies that Martin has pondered suicide, and "does not belong in an NFL locker room."

I would post the screenshot - but the language is questionable.

The article also describes the research that links this particular user to Incognito's dad.
I also suspect his mom is posting on this very thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
What a wimp but Incognito's days are numbered he's violated all kinds of PC rules.

Quote:
"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
NFL Slurs in Incognito's messages - ESPN

Old 11-04-2013, 11:48 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,041 times
Easy for us all to sit here behind a computer and call the guy a "wimp"... to be honest.. Incognito has some real issues himself and he deserves 100% of what he has coming to him.... time for this waste of a roster spot to be sent out the door and to never have an NFL job again. He's a disgrace....

I'm sure we're all well aware of some sort of "hazing" that goes on with vets and rookies but that all mostly goes unnoticed because it doesn't get out of hand... this on the other hand is beyond over the top if you ask me.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 AM

158 posts, read 256,549 times
He's a petty thug who should be banned from the league. I hope this idiot enjoys being a bouncer for the next 20 because his career is done.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I do think the current wave favors Martin but would like to see other players come out and either side with Martin or say Incognito bullied them as well..

If these are actual text mail transcripts, they will have to be verified as coming from Incognito.. very damning either way.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
As far as I am concerned this is nothing more than workplace harassment. Go into your job and demean and taunt one of your co-workers endlessly and see how long you last. You can't do anything about opponents teasing and taunting you but you should not have to put up with it in your OWN TEAM'S locker room. It should not have come to this point. A good coaching and front office would have made it clear this would not be tolerated. He obviously felt no one on the team had his back with all he is asked to do for that team so why should he labor himself for a team that no one cares for his well-being?
Athletes are different than normal employees.

The pressure is on the coaches to win, so they will do anything in their power, including recruiting and paying criminals and lowlives to help achieve that goal. And including turning a blind eye when star (or more valuable players) harass other players.

You can believe that if Andrew Luck was being harassed by one of his lineman at that level for being 'a rookie', a) It wouldn't happen, and b) The coaching staff would get rid of whomever was stupid enough to try.

On a sports level, it's just dumb to harass your fellow lineman in that manner. You're supposed to be a unit, and cohesion of that OL is very important.

On a personal level, Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey are bad people. I don't care what anybody says. They are just bad human beings. If you bully anybody at any age, you suck, but at age 30, you are just a bad guy.

As for Martin, he seems like a nice guy who chose the wrong profession. Pro sports is full of overgrown men who have been getting their way their whole life, and people think that's going to change because they are making millions of dollars now? If anything, it exacerbates it.

Last edited by jobaba; 11-04-2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 01:10 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
No one is encouraging anything. This is no different than guys who serve in the millitary or young kids on the playground.

Ever since the beginning of times, there have always been bullies, and there always will be in the future...

Just like there have always been simple ways to handle it. Apparently the choice this guy made was to run home to mommy instead of dealing directly with it...

He put up with it for a year and a half.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
What has happened speaks volumes for the Miami Dolphins as an organization and also the players they have in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football