Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
My list of potential NFL teams
1.Los Angeles (Should) have a team , but they don't want a NFL team, when Orange County ,San Bernardino County , Riverside County , Ventura County, The southern region of Santa Barbara County are factored into Metro L.A. it's going to have a 19 Million to 21 Million Metro Area.

2.San Antonio supported the New Orleans Saints in their's time of need, and S.A. is a one horse town so they will go bonkers and show a whole lot of appreciation if they get a NFL team , and they aren't fair weather fans that will only support a team if they are winning.Texas is a much more populous state than Florida and if Florida can support three NFL teams so can Texas.

3.Sacramento CA is a one horse town..the NBA Sacramento Kings....and talking about a town going bonkers and showing appreciation if they get a NFL team Sacramento has been trying to steal the S.F. 49'er and the Oakland Raiders for (forever) , but Sacramento needs to Upgrade their Metropolitan Area a little bit more before they get a expansion NFL team (Sacramento current Metropolitan Area 2 Million People).Cali could support 5 or 6 NFL football teams they have (Three) At The (Moment).Future Teams Sacramento ,Long Beach or Santa Ana or Anaheim ,Fresno also in 10 to 15 years Bakersfield.

4.Canadian Cities (Toronto) (Montreal) (Vancouver British Columbia) The NFL will gain prestige simply by adding these teams to the (League) these are some Classy World Class Cities.

5.Columbus Ohio is a one horse town like Sacramento that supports it's sports teams in Lousy and Fair Weather Winning or Losing give them a NFL team , if Florida can support three NFL teams Ohio can do it to.

6.Austin TX Doesn't want a NFL team maybe in 10 or 15 years they might.

7.Louisville Kentucky is too small of a market for a NFL and MLB team...NBA and NHL is a much better fit for the Louisville Kentucky area and market.

8.Orlando Florida maybe in 10 to 15 years Florida aready has 3 teams.

9.Portland Oregon just like Sacramento and Los Angeles has well over 2 million people in theirs Metro Area , but Sacramento is the only (City) and area that's pushing for a NFL Team , it makes sense for me that they (Portland) have a team , but the area tax payers don't want a NFL Team.

10.Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area and Tulsa's are only 75 Miles apart and are connected by the Turner Turnpike and the old Historic Route 66 highway
the state government of Oklahoma and the 2 cities could combine to build a Huge Hotel...Condominiums...Sports Venues...Shopping Center Complex at the Mile (37 1/2 Marker)having a State-Of-The-Art Iconic NFL Stadium and a Iconic State-Of-The-Arts MLB Studium And A Commuter Rail Line that ran through-out the two Metro Area's. I believe that this plan would allow OKC to have a NBA Team and allow Tulsa to have a NHL team and the Whole State
of Oklahoma to have all four of the Major League Sports Teams NFL,MLB,NBA,
NHL..I am a transplanted Afro-American male 55 year old Oklahoman myself, that's between a rock and a hard place all of my wife's family are in the California S.F. bay area and 99.9% of my family are in Tulsa and OKC I also have a Uncle in Tucson Arizona and my wife and kids and grandkid are in California I would leave California and move to Oklahoma in a heart beat , but I have a 9 year old Daugther that's keeping me here around Cali and my wife's family and away from my Own Blood Family. P.S. (OKC and Tulsa) aren't red neck (back ward) (back water) cities they are more like the large Texas Cities Of Houston,Dallas,San Antonio,Austin....But the state of Texas and Oklahoma is Backward and Red Neck I would tell you no Lies....

11."Las Vegas" The United States Government and all of the Sports Leagues Commissioner's are worried about Las Vegas Corrupting any Professional Sport Team that would come into Las Vegas the coaches, players.game officials everybody."Tucson" "Birmingham" "Rochester NY" "Albuquerque" "Omaha-Lincoln 5 to 10 years "Des Moines" "Boise" "Spokane" "Little Rock"North-western Arkansas" "Wichita" "Columbia SC" "Charcleston SC" "Norfork"
"Richmond" "Providences" "Hartford"in 10 to 20 years.

Last edited by Howest2008; 02-21-2008 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebreezy View Post
i think the nfl would be a good fit in salt lake city utah, and yes people would go to the games on sunday as well on monday. if utah can support having the utah jazz,utah blaze and real salt lake, salt lake city can support a nfl team. we can all say thank you to governor jon huntsman who save real salt lake from the team leaving utah you just have a few tight wad people who feel like building a nice sports stadium is not good enough but i think msl will get better over the next's few years.
LMAO. The NFL would be a terrible fit in SLC
Theres nothing that says NFL more than a tailgate with with kegs of Koolaid and children running around the stadium.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Default Los Angeles. Otherwise, Forget About It

The NFL has the right number of teams and doesn't need any more. The only new market they need -- which won't be so new -- is Los Angeles. Word is that Jacksonville might be having stadium issues, so with that comes all the questions normally associated with it. The same holds true even still for New Orleans. So, if a team is to play in LA at some point, it will have to be a team already playing.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 PM

4 posts, read 11,847 times
Portland. it is the largest city without an NFL team except for LA and it would create a rival for Seattle. I dont think the NFL should add anyone - 32 is the perfect # of teams

Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Anchor View Post
Portland. *it is the largest city without an NFL team except for LA * and it would create a rival for Seattle. I dont think the NFL should add anyone - 32 is the perfect # of teams
* you forgot
-San Antonio
-San Jose
-Columbus, OH
-Austin
-Memphis
-Fort Worth (although, the Cowboys will be in our county next year. So technically....)
-El Paso
-Milwaukee
-Louisville
-Las Vegas
-Nashville
-and Oklahoma City......

Unless your talking metro area ?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:42 AM

8,803 posts, read 10,238,998 times
[quote=JJG;196114]I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio-Sure why not, I've heard Jerry Jones say he'd be okay with a team here. The only problem is the Alamodome may be too small
2. L.A.-It'll happen eventually
3. Las Vegas-No
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) TorontoThe Bills will play a few games there, otherwise I say no.
5. Columbus, OH-They have a team, the Buckeyes
6. AustinWould have to compete with the Longhorns
7. Louisville,KY-Too close to Indy and Cincy, the NBA would be a better fit here
8. Orlando, FLToo close to Tampa and Jacksonville
9. Portland, ORYes, although Seattle may have something to say about this
10. Oklahoma CityCant see it happening, Oklahoma is College Football country
11. any other American towns without one.Albuquerque? Omaha?(although Kansas City may not let this happen),
What do you think?

If the Jaguars do move, I'd like to see them in San Antonio, get a Rivarly with Houston, and keep them in the AFC south.I agree the league has enough teams, but some teams future is in doubt.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
* you forgot
-San Antonio
-San Jose
-Columbus, OH
-Austin
-Memphis
-Fort Worth (although, the Cowboys will be in our county next year. So technically....)
-El Paso
-Milwaukee
-Louisville
-Las Vegas
-Nashville
-and Oklahoma City......

Nashville = Tennessee Titans

Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
[quote=Canes2006Champs;5153949]
Quote:
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio-Sure why not, I've heard Jerry Jones say he'd be okay with a team here. The only problem is the Alamodome may be too small
2. L.A.-It'll happen eventually
3. Las Vegas-No
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) TorontoThe Bills will play a few games there, otherwise I say no.
5. Columbus, OH-They have a team, the Buckeyes
6. AustinWould have to compete with the Longhorns
7. Louisville,KY-Too close to Indy and Cincy, the NBA would be a better fit here
8. Orlando, FLToo close to Tampa and Jacksonville
9. Portland, ORYes, although Seattle may have something to say about this
10. Oklahoma CityCant see it happening, Oklahoma is College Football country
11. any other American towns without one.Albuquerque? Omaha?(although Kansas City may not let this happen),
What do you think?

If the Jaguars do move, I'd like to see them in San Antonio, get a Rivarly with Houston, and keep them in the AFC south.I agree the league has enough teams, but some teams future is in doubt.

Call me crazy, but I hope the Jaguars stay in J'ville. I just can't imagine saying "San Antonio Jagaurs" or (God forbid) "L.A. Jaguars".

BTW, Toss Up! continues this Thursday.....

Old 09-09-2008, 01:43 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,243 times
Quote:

1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?

I don't really agree with too many on this list. The exceptions are Toronto, I can see that it seems like a U.S. city, Portland maybe, but that is Seahawk country. Most sports don't last in LA or Vegas, they don't seem to have time, plus must of the football fans in LA are still raider fans. Columbus would be a good choice if it wasn't for the obsession with the Buckeyes. Louisville and Ok. city, hmmm they are interesting maybe. They both are fairly close to other markets (Dallas, Cincy, and Indy). What about Milwaukee?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,243 times
Quote:
* you forgot
-San Antonio
-San Jose
-Columbus, OH
-Austin
-Memphis
-El Paso
-Milwaukee
-Louisville
-Las Vegas
-Nashville
-and Oklahoma City......

It's funny because I was thinking Memphis and Fort Worth also, those would be instant rivalries with the titans and the cowboys. For the people talking about stadium issues in New Orleans, I think if they did go it would be to Baton Rouge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football