Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffalonianPride View Post
If any city, it should be Toronto! Next in line would be:
2.) Las Vegas
3.) Orlando
4.) LA
Haven't there been rumors about the Bills possibly moving to Toronto? Hope that doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 08:11 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Heard this a.m. the stadium in LA is a go, they have the money now all they need is a team and the logical choice is San Diego.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 AM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
And Los Angeles? Even that's not a done deal. I'll believe that they are building a new stadium when the shovels break ground. And even that doesn't guarantee that it will be completed.
actually, shovels breaking ground on a los angeles nfl stadium would indicate that it's a done deal. that's because construction on the proposed downtown stadium cannot begin until the developer (AEG) reaches an ironclad agreement with a team to move to the city - this is explicitly stated in the memorandum of understanding that the LA city council approved yesterday.

so nothing can happen (construction-wise) until the relocating team agrees to move to LA. during construction, the newly relocated team would temporarily play in either the los angeles coliseum or the rose bowl until farmers field is completed.

btw, i do agree with you that the nfl to LA is still not a given - there are several obstacles that need to be overcome before a team would agree to relocate to the city. but it certainly seems like a pretty realistic possibility at this point, given the series of stadium-related developments that have unfolded in LA over the past year or two. right now, i'd place the odds of it happening as better than 70/30.

in the end, i'd be surprised if it doesn't happen in the next five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Football has failed in LA twice, I would hate to see an established team relocate there. I'm really hoping the Chargers don't abandon San Diego.
football didn't "fail" in LA - that's a lazy, cliched, and ignorant knee-jerk response that couldn't be further from the truth.

the rams and raiders left the city due to outdated stadiums that couldn't produce the revenue streams of modern facilities as well as carpetbagging, negligent owners. this is no different than what happened with the houston oilers moving to tennessee, the cleveland browns moving to baltimore, the baltimore colts moving to indianapolis, the st. louis football cardinals moving to phoenix, and so forth.

all of this was discussed earlier in this thread. just read the previous couple of pages to see what i mean.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 AM

291 posts, read 688,995 times
Portland, Oregon would be by far the best and most perfect place for an NFL team. Los Angeles should have a team too. The Raiders should move back to LA and the Jaguars should move to Portland. Las Vegas would be a cool place for a team. The Jaguars could maybe move to Orlando too. Nike co-founder Phil Knight should bring a team to Portland or Seahawks owner Paul Allen should sell the Seahawks and then bring a team to Portland. He already owns the Portland Trailblazers and he once talked about bringing an NHL hockey team to Portland. Phil Knight would make the most sense though. Look what he has done for the Oregon Ducks!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyFootballGuy View Post
Portland, Oregon would be by far the best and most perfect place for an NFL team. Los Angeles should have a team too. The Raiders should move back to LA and the Jaguars should move to Portland. Las Vegas would be a cool place for a team. The Jaguars could maybe move to Orlando too. Nike co-founder Phil Knight should bring a team to Portland or Seahawks owner Paul Allen should sell the Seahawks and then bring a team to Portland. He already owns the Portland Trailblazers and he once talked about bringing an NHL hockey team to Portland. Phil Knight would make the most sense though. Look what he has done for the Oregon Ducks!
A couple of disagreements.

- Orlando would not be a good place for a team. Even a smaller market than Jacksonville and Tampa would have a problem with it.

- Portland is a decent contender, but not the best one. I think San Antonio would be better.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,024 times
Toronto would be a great choice for an NFL team, NFL football is actually very popular in Southern Ontario, 2nd only to hockey and the maple leafs. Even though this is only an example and does not mean the whole GTA is like this, but at my workplace the guys there seem to be bigger fans of the NFl then of hockey. NFL is actually extremley popular here, more popular than CFL, blue jays raptors and other teams, and those teams do fairly well here. also i believe there are enough fans of other teams here (buffalo fans, miami, green bay) that it would work. Toronto is a fairly large city with nearly 8 million people living fairly close, with a large media sector and a very large financial sector. Toronto is a fairly prosperous and wealthy region as well. I would love to see an NFL team in toronto and it would instantly become my 2nd favorite sports team, behind only the leafs. BRING THE NFL TO TORONTO ( toronto is practically in the states already anyways lol)

Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 902 times
Default What cities do you think should have NFL teams?

Toronto is the one city that deserves an NFL team. With a population of almost 6 million people the team would be over supported no problem. Im sure there are plenty of Canadian billionaires yearning to built a stadium in Toronto for an NFL team and if not the rogers centre an ACC are already there.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
Oklahoma could use the team. Most likely next to wear the thunder play or Tulsa.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
I think the commish has said there's going to be two new teams in the NFL, certainly one, maybe both in LA? Only thing is, that's going to screw up the divisions again.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Man no. Keep it at 32.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football