Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 06:52 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times

Advertisements

That was a great game to watch! I could watch those 2 go at it for another 3 hours (minus Harbaugh's constant yelling at the refs).
Everybody likes to talk about the Seahawks playing well at home, but when it comes to this matchup, the Seahawks haven't won in San Francisco since 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 PM

570 posts, read 721,826 times
Yeah. The home team won 9 out of the last 10 matchups so this is definitely won of those "home teams wins the game" rivalries.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:13 PM

570 posts, read 721,826 times
@Kees

A lot of dumb penalties committed by the Hawks D that kept drives alive for SF. And then Carrol wasting the timeouts, just mind boggling.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:43 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Very good game. I thought the Seahawks were going to pull it out. I think they would have been better off not chasing Frank Gore down on that long run.. it looked like he either got a bit winded or perhaps he knew that he didn't need/want to score.. he seemed to willing go down around the 15..

Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times
Richard Sherman blames officials for Seahawks' loss - NFL.com

LOL... ^

He should blame himself and the rest of the team for the stupid penalties... and...

2. The Seahawks' defense is outstanding, but occasionally gives up big rushing plays. Frank Gore's 51-yard run during the final drive was a killer. This is the fourth game this season in which Seattle gave up at least 150 rushing yards, including three of the last six games.

3. San Francisco's rush defense was much better. Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch struggled to find room all afternoon. Seattle's longest run was 11 yards. In a battle of great defenses and conservative offenses, Seattle couldn't keep the chains moving.

4. This is why Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is just an MVP candidate if you ignore Peyton Manning. He threw the ball 25 times; Seattle had six drives of 15 yards or less, with four drives failing to gain one yard. Wilson is outstanding, but the passing attack is only a part of why Seattle is a great team.

San Francisco 49ers get revenge, top Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

Sherman has gotten away with holding all season... that's why he's such a "great" corner.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
yeah, i thought for sure it was over. I respect what Kaepernick did last year, but like my beloved RG3, Colin is a shell of himself this year. I knew Kaepernick didn't have what it takes to win that game on his own....unfortunately the Hawks gave up that big run to Gore, and that was all she wrote.

The Road to the superbowl in the NFC will come down to homefield advantage. Nobody will win in Seattle, and if the Saints somehow get the #1 seed, even though they destroyed Brees at home, I think the Saints have a shot in the dome. Look at what Brees did to that Panthers defense, which is even better than Seattle's D in PPG.

But Saints getting the #1 seed is a big if. Seattle has NYG, then Cards and Rams at home. Cardinals are actually playing pretty well, but they don't stand a chance at Century Link.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Nobody will win in Seattle

We heard the same thing about the 15-1 Packers in 2011 and the 13-3 Falcons last year...

So many top seeds are unbeatable at home... I guess that's why 9 out of the last 20 lost their first playoff game... and 3 more lost their conference championship game... another 6 made it to the Super Bowl but lost...

Maybe Seattle will spot their playoff opponent 21 like they did against Tampa.

What could really make things interesting is if the Seahawks keep beating themselves with penalties... 11-2 and the top penalized team along with Tampa. Such team discipline...

Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Yeah man, what gives with the penalties?? I haven't seen many Hawks games this year. Are they undisciplined penalties? i.e. false start, illegal formation, encroachment, etc?

and good point about homefield....but I dunno man. Wilson's house has become the new Lambeau. I said it earlier in this thread, but I believe Seattle's Century Link Field might be the #1 homefield advantage in american sports.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
I think the Seahawks are the most talented team in the NFL - when they're not getting hit with drug suspensions.

The problem with Seattle is that they make mental mistakes. They will show up for games unprepared, and they will make bad plays during games in which they're otherwise in control. I have a feeling that this will catch up to them before this season's over. They get up for some games, and when they're on they're on, but I can't help but think that they're going to have a meltdown somewhere - either a first-round game in which they spot a quality team an early lead or a tight game against a physical team that gets blown because of mistakes at key points late in the contest. I don't think they should necessarily feel good about having home field advantage.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Well, home field is important no matter what team your referring to. It does NOT guarantee a Super Bowl berth but it does make the path easier. Every team wants home field and those who get it, should feel very good about it. Just not so good they forget that they still have to go out and win the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football