Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

It's still fun!

Not quite as much fun as it has been periodically, which is enough to really mess up the enjoyment of my coffee and C-D - but hopefully, HOPEFULLY, someone can do SOMETHING and get it back on track to be totally fun again. It's distressing to me for it not to be pure, unadulterated funness.

Someone please help me. Help me salvage some enjoyment out of my day. I mean, I may get to actually see some grandkids later, and if so, that will be fun, but like that hasn't even happened yet and what if it doesn't? If it doesn't, then the only thing I have going is hauling my mother around because she can't drive, and that means I will be stuck in the car with her - and it's a five year old car so THAT'S not even particularly exciting either!

Even if I did just pay it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 08:22 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
My son had a crises yesterday. They had a late start and by the time he got up, no one was home to drive him to school. none of his friends could come pick him up. He had to take the bus - disgusting. Of course if he would bother to practice driving and go get his license, there is a car waiting for him in the driveway, so he can drive himself, but all that is just too much burden. Better to be upset when the taxi service is unavailable.

Taxi drivers are about to go on strike. Things might get really messy then.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My son had a crises yesterday. They had a late start and by the time he got up, no one was home to drive him to school. none of his friends could come pick him up. He had to take the bus - disgusting. Of course if he would bother to practice driving and go get his license, there is a car waiting for him in the driveway, so he can drive himself, but all that is just too much burden. Better to be upset when the taxi service is unavailable.

Taxi drivers are about to go on strike. Things might get really messy then.
Is it possible that your son and my brother are related? My youngest brother does not seem to be from the same gene pool that my other brother and I are from - not even the same family in general. He is so unmotivated that it's almost fascinating.

Tell your son that there's someone else like him in this world - only he's 45. He has basically nothing, but it's not for lack of trying - trying to get other people to do the work for him.

It sort of works when you're young and cute, but when you get old and fat, people are not as easily charmed into things.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:54 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Your post reeks of First-World-Problemness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's still fun!

Not quite as much fun as it has been periodically, which is enough to really mess up the enjoyment of my coffee Third Worlders can't even get clean water, and you're upset about not enjoying your coffee? and C-D No internet in those shacks in the jungle, ya know - but hopefully, HOPEFULLY, someone can do SOMETHING and get it back on track to be totally fun again. It's distressing to me for it not to be pure, unadulterated funness. Yeah, like dodging landmines and picking grass for your family's one daily meal is fun?

Someone please help me. Help me salvage some enjoyment out of my day. I mean, I may get to actually see some grandkids later You're healthy enough to have grandkids? And these grandkids didn't die in childbirth or get sold into slavery?, and if so, that will be fun, but like that hasn't even happened yet and what if it doesn't? And what if the UN food truck doesn't make its monthly delivery to the village? If it doesn't, then the only thing I have going is hauling my mother around Your mother is still alive? She didn't die in childbirth? because she can't drive Yeah, let's see how well you drive if your only "road" is a narrow dirt path that turns to mud in the rainy season, and that means I will be stuck in the car with her - and it's a five year old car You actually have a car? Of your very own? Wow, you must be a high government official! Or a drug runner! so THAT'S not even particularly exciting either!

Even if I did just pay it off. Wait, you have money with which to buy things?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Your post reeks of First-World-Problemness!
Please save your pointing out the obvious for a serious thread. This thread is a HUMOROUS thread and the problems described are MEANT to be trivial, first world problems. In other words, we know they're not really serious problems. We know we're blessed to have such problems.

Language alert:

https://youtu.be/Naf_WiEb9Qs

Don't be a buzz kill.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:22 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
My black socks are dirty, so I had to suffer with brown socks to go along with gray pants and a blue shirt. I am behind a desk, most of the day, so I doubt anyone else will know.

But, I'LL KNOW!

I shouldn't mention that they are waaaaay more comfortable.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:27 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
I ordered a pair of boots from Zappos. They are waterproof boots because I live in the PNW where it rains for 8 months of the year.

If I try them on and they aren't comfortable, I have to print off a return label and return them next day by driving to a UPS friendly mail box place. If they are comfortable I have to decide if they are worth the price, and will they be useful enough to justify the expense. Maybe I really just need short boots. They would go with more sorts of pants.

I almost wish I had not ordered boots.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I ordered a pair of boots from Zappos. They are waterproof boots because I live in the PNW where it rains for 8 months of the year.

If I try them on and they aren't comfortable, I have to print off a return label and return them next day by driving to a UPS friendly mail box place. If they are comfortable I have to decide if they are worth the price, and will they be useful enough to justify the expense. Maybe I really just need short boots. They would go with more sorts of pants.

I almost wish I had not ordered boots.
LOL, sounds to me like you need to buy ANOTHER pair of boots to fix the problem.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:46 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Then I get home, think, "Wow, that's expensive - I can just do yoga via internet TV,"
I used to do it at home with a video. But it's VHS. And the "new" used VHS player bought on eBay doesn't have a remote. And the instructor goes through each pose twice. And since going through them just once already takes up an entire hour, I fast-forward through the second of each pose. Using a remote to do this was already un-zenlike enough, but having to go over and physically push the button on the machine is really a pain and takes me out of the mood. I need to buy a yoga DVD or try your internet TV idea.

Quote:
Also, my mind wanders during yoga. When I'm supposed to be clearing my head and focusing on relaxing, I tend to start thinking about why my best friend is leasing instead of buying a car, and whether or not I have any wine left at the house or do I need to stop at the store on the way home, and whether or not I remembered to give the dogs their heartworm medicine on the first of the month and whether or not it will kill them if I give it to them twice...that sort of thing.
This instructor does that for me. She'll go, "Just relaaaaaax, clear your mind, relax your entire body. Forget all your worries. Forget about alllllll those bills, forget about that fight you had with a loved one, forget all the turmoil going on the world..." WTH?! I was fine till you started bringing them up!

(Sorry, everyone, more yoga talk.)

Old 11-15-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
LOL, sounds to me like you need to buy ANOTHER pair of boots to fix the problem.
Yes. Just buy more boots. Works every time for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology