Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 03:07 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times

Advertisements

By the way, it's known as "mobbing."

Old 03-30-2018, 03:30 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Just a wild guess, because I've been in a very similar situation more than once. Did you think the other two guys were better than you? Is that why you were reluctant to play? Is that the real reason you left without playing? Is that why you thought the other two wouldn't enjoy your set, might even walk out on you during your set? Insecurity and jealousy...I've been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
They DID ask, after Fred started getting ready to leave. If I played my 3 songs they would have all had to stay. Or walk out in the middle of my songs and make me even madder.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:37 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,204,069 times
I find one direct suggestion for therapy.

"Therapy" can be talk with a psychologist or other counselor. No drugs. Surely you know that.

I don't see anyone who told you that you required drugs.

I find one suggestion for a psychiatrist – coming after and in response to your many dismissive and combative responses.

I'm out now as I suspect I'm regarded as being in the "mob."

Better luck at the next open mic session.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:42 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,574,561 times
Quote:
No, I argue with the people who have an urgent need to criticize and put down anyone who complains about people, for whatever reason. This is called blaming the victim.
Your complaints about those musicians are baseless, empty, and without merit. You didn't really feel like playing to an empty room, but wanted to blame someone else for it. You are NOT a victim. You didn't even try.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:51 PM

[quote=Good4Nothin;51471075Musicians I know complain about this kind of thing all the time. If I had complained to a live person instead of here, NO ONE would have told me to go get drugged.[/quote]

Ok, now you are trippin! Please copy, and paste the post where it tells you "to go get drugged". I want to see it. I'm sorry if I missed a post with that in it. I took what I read to be a suggestion that you should consider talking to a psychiatrist . Not get drugged by one, just tell them what you've told us.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Ok, now you are trippin! Please copy, and paste the post where it tells you "to go get drugged". I want to see it. I'm sorry if I missed a post with that in it. I took what I read to be a suggestion that you should consider talking to a psychiatrist . Not get drugged by one, just tell them what you've told us.
Well you don't have enough knowledge about psychotherapy. You would not go to a psychiatrist unless you needed a prescription. Otherwise, if you just had normal problems you wanted help with, you would see a psychologist, or social worker, or something like that. A psychiatrist would be for serious mental illness, which now days is, unfortunately, mostly treated with drugs.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Just a wild guess, because I've been in a very similar situation more than once. Did you think the other two guys were better than you? Is that why you were reluctant to play? Is that the real reason you left without playing? Is that why you thought the other two wouldn't enjoy your set, might even walk out on you during your set? Insecurity and jealousy...I've been there.
No, absolutely not at all. I was not feeling insecure or jealous AT ALL. I have a lot of experience with performing music, especially since I retired a couple of years ago. I don't feel inferior to these guys at all. I actually expected they would like my songs because most people who heard them so far did like them. I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to find out.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Well you don't have enough knowledge about psychotherapy. You would not go to a psychiatrist unless you needed a prescription. Otherwise, if you just had normal problems you wanted help with, you would see a psychologist, or social worker, or something like that. A psychiatrist would be for serious mental illness, which now days is, unfortunately, mostly treated with drugs.
I see .

Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
By the way, it's known as "mobbing."
It is called that, when it happens.

What you experience here is multiple people trying to show you something about yourself that you don't want to acknowledge. You can deflect and attack us by calling us names all you want, or else you could consider just for a moment that you may not be correct.

You check off quite a few of these, FYI.

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-s...ing-the-victim

Old 03-30-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It is called that, when it happens.

What you experience here is multiple people trying to show you something about yourself that you don't want to acknowledge. You can deflect and attack us by calling us names all you want, or else you could consider just for a moment that you may not be correct.

You check off quite a few of these, FYI.

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-s...ing-the-victim
You know, Birdie, at the beginning I got some helpful and understanding comments. I was not diagnosed, and some of them had similar experiences.

Even your comment at the beginning was sort of nice.

But things escalate, and certain people get caught up in it. Trying so hard to feel like you have life figured out, and the poor sucker you are diagnosing doesn't know up from down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology