Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 10:34 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,305,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I Loved That!!!
Now make Homer older fatter more out of shape hahahaha or younger taller skinny shaking from the DT's and Tattooed ALL OVER hahahaaha
You like that? type in (search): "trigger happy wierd al" hilarious video (but somewhat graphic animation). WA has a way with words...

Happy Weekend All!
Mike

Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC1 View Post
... my comment was in regard to the typical trip to HD or the coffee shop in PG where someone would actually feel compelled to strap on a gun...I'm sorry, but that just seems silly...and potentially dangerous.....
You forgot about Walmart, or church, or work, etc.. All "typical" trips for the victims. My point is that none of these people felt a need that they would have to protect themselves on the day of their violent demise or they would have avoided that place or not left home or maybe carried some form of protection. Finding out at the time of need may be too late. I'm not young or strong enough to carry a cop around on my back and the way that they are targets nowadays too I don't think I would if I could.
I feel very lucky in that I received formal firearms training from law enforcement agencies in both Virginia and Wash. DC. and I agree there are some people out there that probably shouldn't be carrying but I do feel much more comfortable here in FL than in MD where society is defenseless against the criminal element.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:30 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,275,892 times
IN Punta Gorda these things happened? I feel sorry for those who live in fear because someone somewhere had something bad happen to them.. Odds are good real good nothing will ever happen to me any of my friends or family.. I and most of US Posting here do NOT fit the scenario /social-economical class for THOSE Bad things to happen to us... Do a simple check list.. Are you Caucasian? Do you live in a designated High Crime Area? Do you use or sell illegal drugs? Are you out and about after 10 PM with those who do? Do you involve yourself in illegal activities? Do you have a combined household income under $50,000 a year? If your answers are NO to all of those you at just about ZERO chances..
322,000,000 people live in America .. Divide the number of homicides to the afore derived social economical group ( That's Us Posters) by 322,000,000 and tell me my odds.. I believe those of us who are members of the above group have a better chance of winning THE DANG POWER BALL! 1 in 175,000,000...Are any of you maxing out credit cards for this weeks drawing? NO??? I didn't really think so But BILLIONS Of Dollars have been made off the sales job of...... Selling FEAR! Very Interesting FACTS .. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun...-vs-gun-facts/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
You forgot about Walmart, or church, or work, etc.. All "typical" trips for the victims. My point is that none of these people felt a need that they would have to protect themselves on the day of their violent demise or they would have avoided that place or not left home or maybe carried some form of protection. Finding out at the time of need may be too late. I'm not young or strong enough to carry a cop around on my back and the way that they are targets nowadays too I don't think I would if I could.
I feel very lucky in that I received formal firearms training from law enforcement agencies in both Virginia and Wash. DC. and I agree there are some people out there that probably shouldn't be carrying but I do feel much more comfortable here in FL than in MD where society is defenseless against the criminal element.

Last edited by Macgregorsailor51; 12-04-2015 at 03:01 PM..

Old 12-04-2015, 04:50 PM

55 posts, read 52,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
CHURCH???...you would take a loaded weapon into a church? wow.

As Mac implied...this is paranoia and fear at its core. I feel sorry for anyone who feels so insecure in an area like PG that they feel compelled to carry a gun around.

Think about that...I'm going to the Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee honey...have you seen my GUN? That's hilarious...ridiculous...and scary.

And I feel sorry for the innocents that may be killed or injured because the gun "expert" take a careless shot that is through and through the bad guy, a miss, or ricochet or whatever.

Again, I'm not saying anyone shouldn't have the right to own and carry a weapon in public...but I feel LESS safe as a result...not more so.

I'm kind of sorry to keep this thread going but intrigued at the same time hearing and engaging in the discussion.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,227,297 times
Quote:

As Mac implied...this is paranoia and fear at its core. I feel sorry for anyone who feels so insecure in an area like PG that they feel compelled to carry a gun around.

Think about that...I'm going to the Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee honey...have you seen my GUN? That's hilarious...ridiculous...and scary.

And I feel sorry for the innocents that may be killed or injured because the gun "expert" take a careless shot that is through and through the bad guy, a miss, or ricochet or whatever.

Again, I'm not saying anyone shouldn't have the right to own and carry a weapon in public...but I feel LESS safe as a result...not more so.

I'm kind of sorry to keep this thread going but intrigued at the same time hearing and engaging in the discussion.
I know where all my guns are in various places around the house. The caliber of each one and the amount of bullets each one holds. Never lost one or even misplaced. I am missing a set of car keys though.

Not scared and I don't carry unless I feel the need depending on what my day is going to be.

You have obviously never taken a CCW course.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:32 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:

Tell this to the 100s of people just gunned down in the last 2 weeks in Paris and California that were defenseless in a gun free zone. The terrorists and criminals forgot to read the signs.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:44 PM

55 posts, read 52,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I know where all my guns are in various places around the house. The caliber of each one and the amount of bullets each one holds. Never lost one or even misplaced. I am missing a set of car keys though.

Not scared and I don't carry unless I feel the need depending on what my day is going to be.

You have obviously never taken a CCW course.
No, I haven't because I think its ridiculous to be carrying a gun around a town like PG and I don't, nor will I, pursue a carry permit.

How would that make a difference to take a CCW class? People take algebra classes...that doesn't mean they are mathematicians. People take cooking classes...that doesn't mean they are gourmet chefs...

The comment about "where's my gun" was meant to be humorous not implying that anyone wouldn't know where their gun was...god forbid.

But rather the completely ludicrous idea that someone would worry about strapping on their gun before a trip to Dunks...or Church...or Wal-mart...or Hurricane Charleys...etc.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,826,656 times
[QUOTE=DEC1;42170067

Think about this you are at aChristmas office party in So Cal. Never would have thought you would be shot at would you? Guess what it happens in this world so you may want to accept it. Toughest gun laws in the country didn't help because criminals don't abide by them!

Old 12-04-2015, 06:06 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,275,892 times
We can debate this until the Manatee's come home, but I will ask? Why was all that stuff available to them? Is it just because its so readily available everywhere? Because in many places you can buy at local gun shows from private individuals with very little needed more than maybe a Federal Firearms Card.. Because so much stolen stuff is out here that its just crazy? Guns basically last for ever and anyone who has ever worked on HUGE Constructions Sites saw raffles for guns of all kinds and Local Bars always had a raffle going for hand guns and rifles.. I still see them every so often but I dont have any idea what kind of I.D. you need to ick up your prize.. In 100 years it has happened one time in California and I should CHOOSE to live in fear?? [quote=SeaRay35;42170696][quote=DEC1;42170067

Think about this you are at aChristmas office party in So Cal. Never would have thought you would be shot at would you? Guess what it happens in this world so you may want to accept it. Toughest gun laws in the country didn't help because criminals don't abide by them![/QUOTE]

Old 12-04-2015, 06:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,826,656 times
1 in 100 years in Cali. I think you better check your facts on that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte