Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times

Advertisements

Morning Stoy & all to follow, A hot, sunny & humid day here. You all know my routine for Sat. -yard mowing and cleaning since I will be heading to a paint job on Monday.

Stoy, You got it gal, I would fix the rock, and do the whole thing myself, as for selling tools well that TIS Crazyma's job, I dont sell tools, lol, I BUY them! I have to admit I did "lose" some ialong the way, and "loaned" some out that never ever made their way back.

Now for this agent, I can appreciate the fact that she is showing and sticking it out to all hours, hope she would do the same for me, but a call would of been good. Lets see what happens today.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:25 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Painter, maybe keep an open mind about her. it was rude not to call but you're not hiring her to be nice, you're hiring her to do everything possible to sell your house!!! dont forget to talk about ongoing communication if you pick her.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Stoy, Already had the communication talk, I do like to talk! She told me that she e-mails after 10p.m for any updates and only call with appt or to return a call. That she "talks" with every client at least once aweek. I have checked her out with some other agents that I consider friends and she has a really good reputation. They say she is a go getter and actually takes floor duty when ever possible and works 7 days a week without a complaint, total opposite of the prior agent. So after hearing all this I am willing to see what happens today, if she calls/visits that is.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-Painter hope it works for you.

Hey Stoy!!!

Why after being off the market since 7/1 does our former realtor send us weekly reports of "who's looking at your home"?

Well off to north country til tomorrow-great weekend all.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:06 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Stoy, Already had the communication talk, I do like to talk! She told me that she e-mails after 10p.m for any updates and only call with appt or to return a call. That she "talks" with every client at least once aweek. I have checked her out with some other agents that I consider friends and she has a really good reputation. They say she is a go getter and actually takes floor duty when ever possible and works 7 days a week without a complaint, total opposite of the prior agent. So after hearing all this I am willing to see what happens today, if she calls/visits that is.
Girl, fingers crossed 'cause standing you up for first appt. ticked me off. I agree with Stoy, especially during a closing, that it's not a popularity contest though an agent should call/show up when they say they will and if something comes up which does happen, just a phone call saying 'gosh, just had buyers walk in and I need to show property - can we reschedule?' Then no one upset. Hopefully just miscommunication 'cause it is a good sign that she takes as much floor time as possible, works 7 days a week (can relate), speaks with every client at least once a week and you're getting good comments about her from others. While good reputations spread, bad reps spread even faster and it sounds like you've gotten a lot of positive feedback about her. Do let us know what happens today. Inquiring minds want to know.

Lacey: Crazy about still getting updates and that's great you guys taking a trip over the weekend. Have fun! Just happy that you all 'can' take trips now and not stuck in the house all the time.

Tex: What can I say? Just hate working through the weekend too, but glad the BR coming along! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

DM sorry about neck - just dealing with whiplash myself though obviously not as bad a case as yours can relate. Think a good massage is just what you need, plus will help with stress on that WA place and the a$$hole landlords/neighbors etc. Once that bad boy is gone, a lot of your stress will abate. I know when I'm super stressed my shoulders and neck seize up so prayers sent that it sells quickly then you two can sit back and just go 'whew' that headache is gone.

Stoy your party sounds like fun. I'm actually going to a friend's birthday party tonight - fortunately it starts at 6 'cause don't like doing the drinking/driving thing so can stay, have some munchies, couple of beers then get back to my place before 'real' partiers are out and about. 'course the cops know me and my truck so just me being paranoid 'cause they never stop me for anything but better to be safe than sorry. Have fun tonight! We'll be partying together in spirit!

Brook same here - when I had to shop I never went on weekends anyway. Hate to shop to begin with but literally get claustrophobic being around so many people and noise levels, whiney children, screaming parents - Ugh. The only exception was when I started thinking I wanted another kid. I'd go to Wally World on a Saturday morning and just stand and listen. Just hearing all those screaming and whining kids did the trick - then I'd leave and not buy a thing. Free therapy

Niki, Cma, Lorrie, NJ (ooh hope you had fun last night),gf, HDL and all the rest of my amigas hope you have a great weekend! I have to try and get some work done B4 that party tonight (build web pages, update website) so I should get going here. I'll check back later and see if anything exciting is going on!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lorrie, Painter would be fixing the drywall, Cma would be selling the tools on Craigslist!!
Haha and probably selling the tools right out of Painter's hands lol..she is a go getter..I need to get Sara here to sell my stuff!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Painter, yes she sounds like she can get the job done..sounds like she has good communication with emails and such..so crossing fingers she is a great match for you..

I am sitting her watching Design to Sell in HGTV. I need to get some decor going here..some panels on th windows. I think I am going to take some pictures later this weekend, we are moving some furnitiure around, and get you girls helping me here with some ideas..Who's game??

Ok need finish some stuff..our older son is coming out in a while to hang and stay overnight I hope..he is going to help us move stuff around..also, Sears has a big sale again on appliances, 20% off all appliaces and no payments for 12 mo with sears card, woot! Goin' to Sears..need a new stove and dishwasher, I can sell the old on Craigslist!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
morning peeps!
Stoy- have fun on your vacation- I know you mentioned it a while back- travel through the Co mountains and around I believe??

NJ- Happy Anniversary Hope you had fun in AC ad got your groove on LOL

Lacey- nice to hear you aren't house bound and Mr & you are stepping out!!

Joy- geesh you are a busy one

LORRIE- ha- porch sounds nice...there is a lot I can do...only thing is I need help sometime, and my helper will whine incessantly that he is not a carpenter, yet I crack that whip and he finds out he CAN. A little prompting and bitchying can make a boy a man.or a sniveling mess LOL

Hope you enjoy the nice fall weather on that porch.

Painter- I mowed a while ago...geesh make that grass slow DOWN- need to find a growth inhibtor, that will keep it green AND short LOL Wonder if they have that??

Speaking of selling stuff....had lady come yesterday for some silk greenery, and found some long panels used on the hoopa from DD's wedding that she got too. Just glad to be rid of the crap LOL
Anyway she stayed like 4 hours ( i reckon I am quite entralling LOL) and we had a grand ole gabfest- she is of a similar mindset when it comes to values, religion, politics, etc. So we figured out how to solve the world problems, NOW if we could implement it LOL She needed some advice and ideas for her DD's impending weeding. I hope she heeds it.......Geesh I had to reel that woman in, the reception was going be insane like a 3 ring circus...told her it sounded to busy...less is more and is way more elegant IMHO.........

okay took a brek, need to go pull a few weeds and such

EVerYONE else HOWDY and hope ALL are having a good day!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-Painter hope it works for you.

Hey Stoy!!!

Why after being off the market since 7/1 does our former realtor send us weekly reports of "who's looking at your home"?

Well off to north country til tomorrow-great weekend all.
Have a great trip, Lacey and Mr. L. so glad he is up to a little travel...hugs)

Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
morning peeps!
Stoy- have fun on your vacation- I know you mentioned it a while back- travel through the Co mountains and around I believe??

NJ- Happy Anniversary Hope you had fun in AC ad got your groove on LOL

Lacey- nice to hear you aren't house bound and Mr & you are stepping out!!

Joy- geesh you are a busy one

LORRIE- ha- porch sounds nice...there is a lot I can do...only thing is I need help sometime, and my helper will whine incessantly that he is not a carpenter, yet I crack that whip and he finds out he CAN. A little prompting and bitchying can make a boy a man.or a sniveling mess LOL

Hope you enjoy the nice fall weather on that porch.

Painter- I mowed a while ago...geesh make that grass slow DOWN- need to find a growth inhibtor, that will keep it green AND short LOL Wonder if they have that??

Speaking of selling stuff....had lady come yesterday for some silk greenery, and found some long panels used on the hoopa from DD's wedding that she got too. Just glad to be rid of the crap LOL
Anyway she stayed like 4 hours ( i reckon I am quite entralling LOL) and we had a grand ole gabfest- she is of a similar mindset when it comes to values, religion, politics, etc. So we figured out how to solve the world problems, NOW if we could implement it LOL She needed some advice and ideas for her DD's impending weeding. I hope she heeds it.......Geesh I had to reel that woman in, the reception was going be insane like a 3 ring circus...told her it sounded to busy...less is more and is way more elegant IMHO.........

okay took a brek, need to go pull a few weeds and such

EVerYONE else HOWDY and hope ALL are having a good day!
Sara, did you mean wedding or weeding, lol. Can go either way, can't it, lol..

I think if we got together and started chatting it would just never end, I mean I have never met any of my girls here but boy could we have a blast! Scary, isn't it lol.

Glad you are getting rid of stuff..I woke up today even after a bad night in a decent mood. The big kid is coming out and he can help move some stuff...oh I said that earlier, duh. I am losing what mind is left I think..

Went out front to give DP some water, yes I actually went outside. He has been next door watering what plants are left, house is 'contingent sold' for 3 mos now, guessing it will be empty for a while longer, short sale..anyway no use letting the plants all die. Anyway, went out there and DP says come down here and meet our neighbors 2 houses down...Nice couple, down from the weekend from their home in Lake Arrowhead..they will be here full time for the winter. Anyway, he is british and a finish carpenter. Oh my I can't even describe the inside of their place. Now, THATS what you can do with a tract home. Lots of detail moldings, pilars, awesome. Her colors just pop. Anway. had a nice chat, found out once the weather cools several neighbors here on the block have dinners, bbq's, etc...drinks and dessert. WOW! My kind of place. So now I am looking forward to fall and meeting more of these folks...

Ok back to work here ugh...

Stoy, safe travels girl...Chat with ya'll later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate