Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:23 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
look out lightning is gonna strike in the land of rocky raccoon after that post
Here is hoping. I like a good thunderstorm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Its hillarious how some women on here are ripping Men who dont have that ability, if Men on here rip women not knowing how to cook and do other household chores and say women arent what they used to be they get killed called pigs and say how they want a slave not a wife..

Women want gender roles or each gender to fit specific stereotypes when its beneficial to them..
Bingo. And it is even worse if we use the "primal" card.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Bingo. And it is even worse if we use the "primal" card.
Women will use the primal card for thmselves though when its beneficial as if its out of their hands and their being lead by something that happened thousands of years ago with no control over it or ability to use modern thinking to overcome it..

Id like to do that and hold myself responsible for nothing..Its hardwired into me i cant help it!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 PM

994 posts, read 1,681,744 times
No one says you have to help or fix anything for anyone. Just because I know how to do something, does not mean I will do it for a woman for free. If I am asked to *fix* something...I quote a price right away...usually last time I am asked

Old 12-27-2010, 01:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Yes, I expect my dh to be handy. I'm handy as well. Frankly, I don't buy into the idea that some people aren't capable of being handy. If you have a brain, you can figure out how to do pretty much anything. OTOH, a lack of time can be an issue, especially when there's a learning curve. My dh is learning as he goes. Our dryer just stopped working and his first instinct was to look into purchasing a new/used working dryer. We both have off this week and will figure out how to fix it ourselves if possible. Based on what I've been reading it looks like it might be as simple as replacing the belt.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
I prefer a cooking man. Handy is good, but cooking is great. I can outsource handy. Would like to come home and dinner on freshly made.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:32 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweet
I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman who prefers a man with some skills over one that can't handle very basic household tasks. However, if this same woman can't hold her own when it comes to cooking, cleaning, etc., she has no right to demand Mr. Handyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Seems a bit balanced .
^^ Ditto!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:32 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes, I expect my dh to be handy. I'm handy as well. Frankly, I don't buy into the idea that some people aren't capable of being handy. If you have a brain, you can figure out how to do pretty much anything. OTOH, a lack of time can be an issue, especially when there's a learning curve. My dh is learning as he goes. Our dryer just stopped working and his first instinct was to look into purchasing a new/used working dryer. We both have off this week and will figure out how to fix it ourselves if possible. Based on what I've been reading it looks like it might be as simple as replacing the belt.
It really depends on what is wrong with the dryer..... Sometimes it really is cheaper and easier to just buy something new.

Especially with electronics. We just had someone in our family tell us about their TV took a dumpski and the cost of repairing it was just about as cheap as getting a whole new unit.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women will use the primal card for thmselves though when its beneficial as if its out of their hands and their being lead by something that happened thousands of years ago with no control over it or ability to use modern thinking to overcome it..

Id like to do that and hold myself responsible for nothing..Its hardwired into me i cant help it!!!!
I'm hardwired to only talk to blonde women with big assets who know how to cook and clean.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:44 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
nothing. I was just trying to make a joke. Some guys are good at drinking beer AND being a handyman
There ya go! I do both....but one night, years ago, when I was drinking beer and the kitchen plumbing started spewing water all over the place, (because I was fixing it), I had to call the plumber.
He sure saved my butt....so I tipped him $40.
I mean, come on....fix what needs to be fixed, do what needs to be done, and don't expect your wife to do it. If you don't want to, then you pay for it to be done for you. You're a man, aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships