Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2helping View Post
Let me clarify, in my opinion, I am not finding lack in others, I am finding that society in general views homemaking as less valuable than it once was, that because "we" have set wage earning jobs as the goal, all other roles and jobs are somehow less valuable.
Ironically, that's likely due to gender roles. Man's work has always been more valuable than woman's work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

It's not that hard...
It's probably hard for folk that don't have partners giving 110%. It's doable for a couple that invest equally.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's probably hard for folk that don't have partners giving 110%. It's doable for a couple that invest equally.
I'm working on the assumption of a well adjusted relationship.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Most men do not know how to properly exercise power in a relationship and it results in physical and verbal abuse to keep their girlfriends/wives in check.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
It allows both men and women to pursue what they want and may have been previously "off-limits" for them. Women have the option of being a SAHM and having a career. Men have the option of being a SAHD and having a career. It is no longer (or not as) shameful for men to pursue traditionally "women's work" jobs like nursing, cooking, fashion, etc. Same for women. I think that's a good thing.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Over the past 50-60 years, where there once were clear gender roles, (Men were the bread winners, women were the mommys) now it seems that which ever person can be whatever he/she wants. My question is not about women's liberation, (I personally would rather date/marry a liberated woman than a woman with societal limitations), but instead how do you think blurred gender roles have effected our (hetrosexual) relationships...
Well, for starters, I think that thinking in terms of gender roles will hobble any relationship. People are people. How's that?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Over the past 50-60 years, where there once were clear gender roles, (Men were the bread winners, women were the mommys) now it seems that which ever person can be whatever he/she wants. My question is not about women's liberation, (I personally would rather date/marry a liberated woman than a woman with societal limitations), but instead how do you think blurred gender roles have effected our (hetrosexual) relationships...
I think its fine for people go to traditional or modern. What I find a bit, I dunno, its when traditions are cherry picked to one's benefit.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
I have no problem with heterosexual relationships. If you do, that's on you.
Not every woman wants to be a mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is the result of women replacing a fair and caring system of feminism with a fascist militant form of feminism. Women are the majority in the USA and they are going to dominate whether you like it or not. Just look at how they behave.

Men had better start to utilize their freedom of speech in order to correct this upcoming mini-holocaust against men.
Oh, please.
Does it hurt the big boy ego not to be held on a pedestal?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have no problem with heterosexual relationships. If you do, that's on you.
Not every woman wants to be a mommy.
Or even if she does, maybe she doesn't want "mommy" to be her only defining characteristic.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
That is something my lady has said about the socalled women of her age group buying into the whole idea of i do not need a man thing when they are in the 20's age frame and finding out when there 40's it alot of BS in that area of how it play's out .

She was telling me of the a couple of women who in her office have found out the socalled thing the Feminism movement has beening selling was a lie in alot of areas ..

As one lady said she on the other side of 35 looking around and wondering why they have not met someone to settle down with and be married and haveing kid's with ..

She has said it the movement saleing this lady's a bill of goods and then they have figure out the bill of good's they where sold was no good and now they have to pay for the mistake they have made in the way of relaitionship with men in this stage of there life's
And for every woman who thinks that way, another one doesn't. Worse, they can't admit that they wish that they never had kids or got married.

Yep, that feminist movement that allowed women to work outside of the home and get equal pay for equal work sure does suck. It's evil I tell you. Evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships