Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
Thanks.

Do you have any ideas as to why the friend hasn't tried to contact me after telling me he has "hardcore" feelings about me and has thought about me "nonstop"? Like, if he feels guilty, and wants to stop, why did he tell me all those things? Obv telling someone stuff like that is just going to make them want you more.
He could be playing a game, like the whole "playing hard to get" thing. If not, he may be dealing with his guilt by avoiding you. He feels bad that he slept with his best friend's girlfriend so he wants to make amends by telling himself it isn't going to happen anymore.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 PM

160 posts, read 295,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
He could be playing a game, like the whole "playing hard to get" thing. If not, he may be dealing with his guilt by avoiding you. He feels bad that he slept with his best friend's girlfriend so he wants to make amends by telling himself it isn't going to happen anymore.
Thanks again. You've been super-helpful.

One last question, assuming he feels the latter (really guilty) should I try to contact him? I really want to talk it out, but something is making me hesitate to do so. Like, feeling he might not be receptive to the idea.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks again. You've been super-helpful.

One last question, assuming he feels the latter (really guilty) should I try to contact him? I really want to talk it out, but something is making me hesitate to do so. Like, feeling he might not be receptive to the idea.
I don't see anything wrong with contacting him as long as you haven't already tried to do so. I don't think letting it sit is going to change the situation much, although I think it would be easier to do so if you weren't still with his friend.

If you do contact him and he isn't responsive, it's probably time to move on. Life is too short to play games or chase something that's not there.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM

160 posts, read 295,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I don't see anything wrong with contacting him as long as you haven't already tried to do so. I don't think letting it sit is going to change the situation much, although I think it would be easier to do so if you weren't still with his friend.

If you do contact him and he isn't responsive, it's probably time to move on. Life is too short to play games or chase something that's not there.
Thanks again And thank you for not being judgmental.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks again And thank you for not being judgmental.
You're welcome, everyone could use some guidance and we all live and learn.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
After knowing my boyfriend's best friend for 5 years, we began having feelings for one another. Last weekend, we finally hooked up. His friend he has been telling me he has "hardcore" feelings for me for a while.

The thing is, after the hookup this weekend, I haven't heard a peep from him. I don't know what I should do. Should I try to initiate contact with him? I feel that if I don't get things talked out between us (whatever the solution is), I might just explode. Any reasons why I've been suddenly frozen out?

As far as my bf is concerned, I'm almost out the door in that relationship and I've told him so.
He realized he made a mistake. Or he planned this all along and he accomplished what he set out to do and has no need for you anymore.

[no confusion - that was easy...]

Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
OP,

Life is too short. If you like someone, go for it. I do NOT agree with you cheating on your boyfriend BUT if your current boyfriend is not cutting it for you, then he is not.

The problem here is the boyfriends best friend. You do realize the best friend has to make a choice between being with you or keeping his boy.

Either way, this situation is going to suck and I wish you the best.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
He realized he made a mistake. Or he planned this all along and he accomplished what he set out to do and has no need for you anymore.

[no confusion - that was easy...]
I have a really strong feeling that is exactly what happened. And maybe her boyfriend already knows.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,513 times
Quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but when dramatic things happen, it feels good to have a place to go to for support and still be anonymous.
You mean a place to feel good about being a sl*t while retaining anonymity?

I feel sorry for this boyfriend, his boy was only his boy for one reason (no loyalty there). imo its always going to be bro's before ho's. These guys will never be friends again. This is a good learning experience and cautionary tale for inexperienced men.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:42 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,309 times
you would have been better off breaking your current relationship off first. To be honest I don't think a relationship between you and him is going to happen. A guy will always contact a girl that hes interested in (in a relationship, not just sex). If he is interested, then he's holding back due to his guilt. That means even if he gets together with u, the guilt will get to him. I don't see it working out. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships