Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:41 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times

Advertisements

Do not feel to bad I am 30 and never had a long term GF before . I am not have much to offer a female right now being broke every day kills your game. Good news is I trying to turn it around before it is to late. Going back to college is going to take from loser to winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 PM

708 posts, read 824,213 times
No, it's not hopeless to get married, just foolish.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

Should I feel bad about this at this point in my life?

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Very, very discouraged with the situation.

Thanks for your opinions.

I wouldn't consider getting married before the age of 30

Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 PM

387 posts, read 408,886 times
Marriage is ok if that's what you believe in. I've known plenty of couples involved in ltrs only to get married and divorced in a year. Love is great...marriage is a contract.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM

387 posts, read 408,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Exactly...People are still kids in their 20's.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:16 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,632,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I agree. I'm only 23 and can't fathom the thought of being married or having kids right now! A few people my age are married and/or have kids. Good for them but that is not me. I do think the best time to have kids and marry is the late 20s to early 30s. By that time, people should have a good standing of where they are in life. So ages 27 to 34. I think it's crazy to settle down before then. Don't feel bad OP.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

No it's not at all too late.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:33 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,904,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Do not feel to bad I am 30 and never had a long term GF before . I am not have much to offer a female right now being broke every day kills your game. Good news is I trying to turn it around before it is to late. Going back to college is going to take from loser to winner.
You don't need money to have game... but if you have to game her to get her, then is that type of woman and the subsequent relationship that stems from it gonna be fulfilling for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because marriage seems important to you, why aren't you doing more?
Close thread.

...and one day, one day... I'll stop replying to these types of posts. *smh*

Old 01-12-2014, 01:13 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
You don't need money to have game... but if you have to game her to get her, then is that type of woman and the subsequent relationship that stems from it gonna be fulfilling for you?
It not all about the money it is about being successful in life and my job is just a job it average at best.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:

I once dated a guy and we broke up and while we were talking I told him, 'I don't think you are going to be ready for marriage until you are in your 30s, I peg you at around 32.' Sure enough he got married at the age of 32.

Heck, the marriage statistics for senior citizens is on the rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships