Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times

Advertisements

Easy solution: date and marry an 18+ to 24 y/o younger gal, if the older 25+ to 30 y/o gals are otherwise unavailable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

Should I feel bad about this at this point in my life?

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Very, very discouraged with the situation.

Thanks for your opinions.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-16-2012 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Join a club/team/alumni group/sports team/gym/volunteer organization. Go to the cafes/grocery stores/cooking classes/libraries/restaurants/concerts that you like. Smile. Say hello to people. Look confident and approachable. Don't always have your head buried in a book... or your iPhone... or zoning with your iPod.
^ Great advice!

Another suggestion, enlist the help of friends, relatives, co-workers, single and married. Let them know you're looking to get married and do they know of someone marriage-minded that they could introduce to you? Perhaps your buddies' wives have a sister, cousin, friend, co-worker, ANYONE they can match you up with.

Put. The. Word. Out.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
being 30 and single does not make u a loser, it makes u a big big winner. let me esplain u. 42 million divorces since 1975 (no fault) 70% filed by women.
when u say i do, under current law, u give away your legal rights as a citizen. your salary pension assets are her's, any debt she creates in her name during the marriage and before, are yours. (in community property states). ever hear of financial infidelity? 30% of women sneak debt, u dont find out until the divorce.
think about it.
if u do get married do a prenup always. carmen jovet was encouraging mom's to coach their son's to get a prenup so as not to get taken to the cleaners. i saw it this week on her TV show.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-16-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM

114 posts, read 225,186 times
be aggressive in a sweet not creepy way when you are attracted to someone, stand up straight, look people in the eye, be confident but not cocky, man groom, dress well, work out, tan, smile sweetly, open doors, be polite, be sincere, if you have a bachelors get a masters if you have that get a PhD. I am already training my son on this and he's 8, but its never too late, but I tell him most importantly choose a good one who deserves him/you.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
lots of women go for older men. be glad you're not a woman and in this situation

Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,019,183 times
You realize that about 30 is the average age of first marriage for many countries, right?

Especially for men, who tend to marry later than women.

That's about the average age for Canada (The US, though it obviously varies by state, as a whole average, has only maybe a couple years younger at that).

It is also around that age of first marriage for many European or even Asian countries.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Very, very discouraged with the situation.
I hope you are joking. Why on earth would you think that 30 is a deadline for finding a partner? Surely, you must know that many MANY people never find a partner until well after 30, even after 40...good grief. Stop worrying. You have many many years ahead of you.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:21 PM

41,973 posts, read 75,229,826 times
What is it with all these people whining and moaning about how they're 25 or 30 and are afraid they'll never get married? Good grief ... Your life has barely begun.

I hereby sentence you to listen to America's "Lonely People" over and over again.

America - Lonely People - YouTube

Old 02-16-2012, 08:21 PM

213 posts, read 1,107,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I hope you are joking. Why on earth would you think that 30 is a deadline for finding a partner? Surely, you must know that many MANY people never find a partner until well after 30, even after 40...good grief. Stop worrying. You have many many years ahead of you.
Thank you for that comment. Very positive. Just what I need. I appreciate it greatly.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
At 29, I'm enjoying the single life and the women who got married young, realized they screwed up, and and are now out to fix that after their divorce!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships