Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:53 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times

Advertisements

While deferring marriage until 30 or older may indeed be the best route for some if that's what they truly want to do, for others it can be like the equivalent of cruel and unusual punishment...

I can personally feel and relate to OP's situation, and wish him the very best of luck and blessings in finding that one special gal he is dreaming of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

Should I feel bad about this at this point in my life?

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Very, very discouraged with the situation.

Thanks for your opinions.
You're a male you can get married at any age and have kids.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
It's so funny how people are saying 'anything can happen! yada, yada, yada!' Meanwhile, there's a thread going where folks are dumping each other for not kissing good enough . My point is, people ex others out for the simplest of reasons; if your dating history is very little or worse non existent, assuming people are going to want to jump all over that at this stage of the game is unrealistic. The prospects get lower and lower the older you get, not higher. Sounds nice to tell people there's still a chance but the reality is if it ain't happened yet it's likely not going to.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Quote:
I was just wondering what anyone's opinon would be of a male that is almost 30 years old who is not married and single. Is it still possible to find someone and get married at this age. I almost feel like I missed my chances in my 20's. Where did the time go? Thing is I'm not very aggressive in trying to find a partner. I would like to find someone, but feel like a lot of time has passed and most people in my age range from say 25-30 are married or very close to it. It's almost like there are no young girls that are single anymore. It's tough to find someone that fits my criteria and is still single.

If gets me down a great deal of the time. I always find people asking me if I am married and/or have kids. And they seemed shocked that I am not/give me a hard time about it. Makes me feel like sh@it.

I def did not follow the cookie cutter lifestyle as most do. I'm pretty independent I guess you could say.

Just wondering if there is hope. I'm a normal guy and find that people seem to think of me as attractive, but I just don't know.

Is that part of life over for someone in this situation? I mean no more dating..and just living life solo until death?

Don't be discouraged. I think 30 is a perfect age for both men and women to start thinking about marriage. Your friends will probably start the first round of divorces soon.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Most of my friends got married after 30.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:16 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Relationships are becoming harder for people born 1980 thanks to a certain demographic being influenced by liberation movements.

??????

Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM

344 posts, read 396,236 times
Quote:

To tell you the truth, I find your post kind of strange. First you say you are independent, and you did not follow a "cookie cutter" lifestyle. Yet you seem to think that at 30 you are the male equivalent of an old maid. I'm only a few years younger than you and I don't feel the slightest urgency to get married. I can't imagine a man of 30 being alarmed because he is still unmarried. So... maybe what you are really wanting to ask has to do with developing a social life. If that is the case then there are several avenues. I saw a roundtable discussion about internet dating and apparently that's gained a lot of ground as far as integrity. I think a person has to, #1, show a little courage, and #2, put in the effort. And I'd add my own personal #3, don't worry about your marital status for another ten years.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 PM

730 posts, read 2,255,176 times
Not to be rude but are you from the south? That is the only region where it would be surprising to be single without kids at 30. To most 30 is a kid.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Don't be discouraged. I think 30 is a perfect age for both men and women to start thinking about marriage. Your friends will probably start the first round of divorces soon.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
Not to be rude but are you from the south? That is the only region where it would be surprising to be single without kids at 30. To most 30 is a kid.
Or from a small town. Townies all think they have be married asap and start pumping out kids. It's drilled in their head from a young age. Consider it a blessing that you didn't marry young and have to go through divorce. Your chance of getting divorced after getting married at 30 or older is cut in half.

You got time bro. If you were a woman then I'd be flipping out since their looks only go downhill from there and the clock in their tummy starts ticking faster....but for men, you're fine.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
All of my friends will just be finishing grad school, starting their careers and becoming established by 30. It's definitely more the norm (at least with the people I am associated with) to not marry until their 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships