Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The difference between White men who date Asian women and Black men who date White (non-Black) women is that the White men do not have a tendency or well-documented pattern of bad mouthing White women as an "excuse" to date Asian women. And Hispanic men who prefer White women do not "blame" Hispanic women for their choices. These men do not use women of their own race as a scapegoat for their choices.

^^ This says it way better than I just did.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
This is mostly correct. No matter what some others say, I also have eyes. Not saying I have NEVER, EVER seen a decent looking white woman with a black man. But, overwhelmingly, that white woman is either fat and nasty, just plain homely, or just...okay looking. I have NEVER seen an average black guy with a good looking white woman, nevermind HOT. UNLESS he was rich..or famous..or both. Not saying they are not out there, but that is not what you see in the grocery stores, at the movies, etc, at the park, etc.

I am mixed race(black and white), so do I still get put in the bitter category? I date both black and white guys. And the white guys I attract are better looking than the black guys I attract so.........it's all good to me.
Where I live this isn't really the case. Just like with other couples I see the gamut. Some couples have 1 hot person and one average person. Other couples both people are equally attractive. It depends on where you live.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 PM

445 posts, read 865,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Here's the white male version of this thread topic:

Back from Thailand. My quest for a 'mail order bride'
These are your "angry white women". White women have the same kind of "issue" ( with some white men )black women have (with some black men )when it comes to the "perfect asian girl" . Not to the same extent but the same dynamics are there.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
These are your "angry white women". White women have the same kind of "issue" ( with some white men )black women have (with some black men )when it comes to the "perfect asian girl" . Not to the same extent but the same dynamics are there.
And the men are all beta males, as no alpha male would turn his life upsidedown over shoddy treatment from a group of women. Those guys are so beta wommen drove them to the other side of the world in search of companionship.That said, alphas don't have dating problems. Instead of posting here, they are out with a woman.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
oh wow this thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM

186 posts, read 475,324 times
interesting....has the OP even posted in the last few pages??

Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Where I live this isn't really the case. Just like with other couples I see the gamut. Some couples have 1 hot person and one average person. Other couples both people are equally attractive. It depends on where you live.
Good observation: it is rare to see an attractive person of any race with an unattractive person unless moneys involved!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:26 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Relationships between WM/BW tend to be based on factors that extend beyond the superficial. The majority of Black women in relationships with White men do not view their partners as a "trophy" and therefore the relationships are built upon more solid foundations.

In (some/many) relationships between BM/WW, there tends to be an objectification (or even an idealization) of WW and a superficiality that does not stand the test of time and is not able to sustain a long-term marriage. If you read many of the comments on this thread and others of similar topic, many of the Black men who post reference women's looks and physique. These are superficial factors that do not hold marriages together. Common interests, similar values, compatible education level, similar professional backgrounds, etc are what defines relationships of greater longevity.

The statistics speak for themselves...

A 2008 study by Jenifer L. Bratter and Rosalind B. King conducted on behalf of the Education Resources Information Center examined whether crossing racial boundaries increased the risk of divorce.[9] Using the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth (Cycle VI), the likelihood of divorce for interracial couples to that of same-race couples was compared.

White wife/Black husband marriages are twice as likely to divorce by the 10th year of marriage compared to White/White couples, while White wife/Asian husband marriages are 59% more likely to end in divorce compared to White/White unions.[9] Conversely, White men/non-White women couples show either very little or no differences in divorce rates.[9] Asian wife/White husband marriages show only 4% greater likelihood of divorce by the 10th year of marriage than White/White couples.[9] In the case of Black wife/White husband marriages, divorce by the 10th year of marriage is 44% less likely than among White/White unions.[9

Interracial marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry I don't buy it. Quite the contrary black women value and emulate caucasian aesthetics from their personal investment in the multi billion hair straightening, weave and wig buying, to abusing and adapting their appearence by utilizing skin lighteners. Black men never do any of the above.
Having a white male partner simply makes the fantasy become a full blown reality for them. In their minds, they can not only look like a white woman, but the idea of being his mate becomes the missing piece of the puzzle.

A black woman is just like any other "independent" minded woman with an entitlement mentality. Many of them figure that if they attain a certain degree of higher education; can attain a specific career title and income, in addition to residing in specific neighborhoods, taking vacations to certain places with a pertinence for other "eclectic" eurocentric tastes (wine, trips to Martha's Vinyard etc), and other trajectories that elevate themselves into a white oriented black-less social world, then it only makes senes that their having a white male by virtue of his racially inherited social status is no different to her than any other commodity, whether it's a Louis Vutton bag or an expensive luxury car.

Overall, black women are much more heavily invested into eurocentric ideals than black men ever were.

Your dreaming if you think it plays out any differently. Black women are just as "brainwashed" by observing a lifetime of white males being epitomized as social status sex symbols ("white" knights in shining armor) as any minority male has observed in white women being held up as the most attractive female.

furthermore, there isn't any evidence to subtantiate your claim that white male and black female pairings are economically, academically or socially compatiable than any other pairing. You simply made that up lol.

If anything, from what I've noticed, the black women tend to be more educated, more financially stable, more upwardly mobile and far better looking than their white male counterparts. I hear black women often commenting on some of the white women that some black men date, but I think it's high time someone spoke on the John Goodman's and Peter Griffens that I've witnessed "Halle Berry" walking around with lately as well. Many of you conveniently talk about how good the black female partner looks, but you tend to leave out the issue of to how unattractive their white male counterparts are.

Either way, even if you read the full study on divorce rates of interracial marriage, white female/black male, as well as white female/Asian male couples tend to have the HIGHEST divorce rates attributed to external influences such as "racism." Asian males are financially and academically the most "successful" men in America per capita, yet when paired with a white female they tend to have HIGHER divorce rates than normal. Why is that?

White/White couples also have HIGHER divorce rates than black female/white male couples as well. If you attribute the "success" of compatibility between BW/WM as having the lowest divorce rates in comparison to other couples (NOT just black male/white famale) regardless of the combination--then you are essentially stating that black women and white men are socially, academically, financially and have values in closer alignment with one another more than any other pairing--interracial or intraracial. I wonder if white guys are flattered by that assertion?

Plus, white male/black female data is skewed due to their much lower numbers and higher age ranges (i.e. the black women tend to be older, and lonely; the white males older and divorced). There's far more varience with black male/white female couples in both income, age range, academic achievement.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
The difference between White men who date Asian women and Black men who date White (non-Black) women is that the White men do not have a tendency or well-documented pattern of bad mouthing White women as an "excuse" to date Asian women.
You must have been participating in this forum for the past four years with blinders on. At least once a week, there is some fool on here doing exactly that.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
You must have been participating in this forum for the past four years with blinders on. At least once a week, there is some fool on here doing exactly that.
That type of basher isn't actual dating asians. He is merely daydreaming about someday going to a country in which the woman are so poor they are more beta than he is. He will make her his wife, and forever she will stay looking young and having sex with him on a regular basis. Her post was about men who actually date real live women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships