Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 08:02 AM

442 posts, read 615,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Fertility is also affected by HPV infection, which is more prevalent in mainstream American women who are more sexually active than it is in cultures where promiscuity is frowned upon.
You also don't consider that the foreign woman could have been raped or molested, but isn't going to tell those details to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:02 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I thought Americans are puritains and living in ancient times??
LOL, that's what they tell you to your face.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I've never seen one marriage where my Egyptian-American friend offshored his Egyptian bride and was abusive toward her. It was always a win-win situation. My best friend has only been reluctant about it because he prefers Caucasian women. I've told him to visit Romania or Bulgaria and pick up a bride, but he's a bit lazy.
Why would you see it though...abusive men are usually pretty crafty about what they do, until the woman finally calls the police.

The mail order bride can't do that though, because then she can't get her visa.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
You also don't consider that the foreign woman could have been raped or molested, but isn't going to tell those details to anyone.
Outliers always exist. I'm speaking on an aggregate level.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 AM

HPV obviously isn't the only cause though, and neither is aging. So you'd be taking a chance that the woman was being truthful.

Really how would you know the mail order bride hadn't already given birth at some point?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
HPV obviously isn't the only cause though, and neither is aging. So you'd be taking a chance that the woman was being truthful.

Really how would you know the mail order bride hadn't already given birth at some point?
Just as you wouldn't know if the American bride hasn't given birth and given up the baby for adoption or aborted many times.

I mean, we can play this game all day long.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM

I'm curious if this would be a business, what would be the protections for a woman whose family might encourage her to do something like this for some perceived financial benefit. You talked about an interview process, but you are only going to make money if you have a lot of women lined up. So there's be an incentive to allow marginal people through the system on both sides.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Just as you wouldn't know if the American bride hasn't given birth and given up the baby for adoption or aborted many times.

I mean, we can play this game all day long.
We certainly could. I think that the mail order bride thing is trying to project an image that might not be truthful. Buyer beware I suppose.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:16 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
We certainly could. I think that the mail order bride thing is trying to project an image that might not be truthful. Buyer beware I suppose.

Think of the type of guy who has to do mail order bride, and the type of woman that is doing it and you have your answer.

Summer can bash Americans all he wants, but in the end.. he's defending the people who are bottom of the barrel.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
...and the American woman who's in her mid to late 30's might be desperate to find a mate to procreate with. She'll tell her date exactly what he wants to hear. She's protecting an image as his appropriate mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships