Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Wrong. It's not that they want to live off of you, it's that they don't want you to live off of them. The same is true if you reverse the genders.

People who do things with their lives aren't attracted to people who don't.
I dated a guy for three years back in the very early 80's. I had a job, an apartment, a car, went to college p/t, I had a life. He lived with his brother and used his brothers car and worked sporadically when it suited him. He kept suggesting we should live together. I kept telling him no. I finally dumped him when I realized that he was a lazy slob who would never amount to anything. I was right. I ran into an old mutual friend a year ago. The ex boyfriend is now 62, living in a 300 s/f studio apartment, owes money to everyone he's ever met, and still hasn't worked more than a few months straight ever in his life.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM

548 posts, read 891,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
Get a better-paying job and move out. Pretty simple solution here.
How can I get a job when I hardly have any job experience? MOST JOBS, ADs, Job listings, etc. post in their descriptions

REQUIRED 2 YEARS PREFFERED EXPERIENCE

MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

NEED TO HAVE THIS OR THAT

When I got 0 of that or others how the hell are you suppose to get a job?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
How can I get a job when I hardly have any job experience? MOST JOBS, ADs, Job listings, etc. post in their descriptions

MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

McDonalds, Grocery Stores, Labor Ready. Wash dishes, mop floors, stock shelves, bring in carts.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 PM

548 posts, read 891,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
What are your life's goals? You need to make a plan and start working toward your future. Do you plan to live with your parents forever? What are you going to do with your life? Time goes by FAST. You will be 30 in just 5 years. Five years goes by in the blink of an eye, and then you will be 40 and your life will be half over and you will have nothing to show for it. What do you hope to accomplish in life? Why are you content with doing/being nothing? You can do anything you put your mind to. Have you no passions?

I would consider getting some counseling to try to identify why you have no desire to make anything of yourself.

20yrsinBranson
Yes I have passions I love music, writing, and photography, I am writing for several music magazines currently but THEY DO NOT PAY. Most other magazines or nespapers REQUIRE A DEGREE OR THIS OR THAT AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes I have passions I love music, writing, and photography, I am writing for several music magazines currently but THEY DO NOT PAY. Most other magazines or nespapers REQUIRE A DEGREE OR THIS OR THAT AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE.
I've written for several music magazines and gotten paid. I've also had photos published in numerous music mags and rags, including Stone. They paid as well. You obviously aren't marketing yourself properly. (I don't have a photography or journalism degree.)

Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
completely depends WHY they are still living at home.
so YES, it can really be that BIG of a deal

ambition tends to be the key factor in whether or not its a good or bad thing that is happening

Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:

MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

So... what do you do then? If you don't have a job, and it doesn't sound like you have any plans to get a job, and you live at home with your parents, and you can't drive... What exactly do you plan to do with your life?

It can be hard to get a job - but it can be done. I'm a performer and have had an assortment of odd jobs to pay the rent when in between performing jobs. I worked at the front desk of a gym, I catered, I assisted an insurance salesman, etc.

Do you have a degree? Do you plan on getting one?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:

MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

get a part time (physical labor positions require you be breathing and able to move on your own power) and keep looking...or realize you do not have the proper requirements for the jobs "you want" and take the time and investment to get them or look elsewhere for a better fit.

preferred also doesn't mean "NEEDS"

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I dated a guy for three years back in the very early 80's. I had a job, an apartment, a car, went to college p/t, I had a life. He lived with his brother and used his brothers car and worked sporadically when it suited him. He kept suggesting we should live together. I kept telling him no. I finally dumped him when I realized that he was a lazy slob who would never amount to anything. I was right. I ran into an old mutual friend a year ago. The ex boyfriend is now 62, living in a 300 s/f studio apartment, owes money to everyone he's ever met, and still hasn't worked more than a few months straight ever in his life.
Okay, so maybe I wasn't completely right. Apparently sometimes people who do things with their lives are attracted to people who don't, at least for up to three years.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Most other magazines or nespapers REQUIRE A DEGREE OR THIS OR THAT AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE.
Then get a degree if that's what you want to do with your life. Or, if you don't want to get a degree, do something with your life that doesn't require one.

This isn't complicated. It's not easy, either, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships