Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
How can I get a job when I hardly have any job experience? MOST JOBS, ADs, Job listings, etc. post in their descriptions

REQUIRED 2 YEARS PREFFERED EXPERIENCE

MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

NEED TO HAVE THIS OR THAT

When I got 0 of that or others how the hell are you suppose to get a job?
Well you're "suppose" to start your work experience when you're 16 or maybe 18 at the latest, so that you have several years of it by the time you're 25. Since you didn't do that, you're probably going to have to start at a very low level. You're not going to get your ideal job at first. I notice you said most jobs require experience, which is true, but you didn't say all jobs.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
How many applications have you tendered in the last year? I would imagine...none.

If you really wanted a job you would have found one in the last 7 years, I am of coarse assuming that you did graduate from high
school at 18. If you did not graduate,now is the time to get your GED.

Honestly, you are your own worst enemy, you have an excuse for everythig, all talk, no action.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

The Big Lebowski - Get a Job Sir! - YouTube

Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
I put the blame firmly on the parents.

It is our job to raise independent adults who can contribute to the world in some way. Instead these parents encourage dependence and childishness.

Shame on them for allowing this behaviour to continue until the OP is 25.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Save the money since you live at home then move out of NYC. Unless your making bank your life will always suck and be poor in NYC. Seriously get out of that place.
ill leave one day but not now. I have everyone here, my family, my friends, and girlfriend live here. Ill get out one day but not in the near future. I want to get the rest of my degrees here, work a year or 2 in my field here and then ill leave. It'll be easier to astonish myself in another state when employers know that I worked and went to school in NY.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:39 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
ill leave one day but not now. I have everyone here, my family, my friends, and girlfriend live here. Ill get out one day but not in the near future. I want to get the rest of my degrees here, work a year or 2 in my field here and then ill leave. It'll be easier to astonish myself in another state when employers know that I worked and went to school in NY.
You think that's the case, I can tell you from experience employers don't give a rats ass that you worked in NY, Seattle, or any other place that people think they'll get a leg up because they worked there.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM

119 posts, read 245,387 times
Quote:
I'm 25 years old never have lived on my own and I know most 20 something's do live on their own if not their own apartment they have their own house by themselves. If not some who live with friends or a roomate all paying for rent.

I had told my best friend how I wanted my own apartment and my friend tells me "Why would you want your own place if you have it good at home? You have everything you could need for free - if you live out there you gota pay for everything".

I am an only child still living at home with both my parents. But come on at my age my mom had her own place, license, car, and job. I'm 25 and no job except my free magazine writing's, no license or car, and no place of my own.

I also know guys when it comes to dating expect a girl who has everything in order like these things. I got nothing going for me how will a guy like me if I got nothing to offer them? Yea I'm very loving and caring and stuff but ya know what I mean.

What to do?

As a 24 year old woman, I have to say "What have you been doing all this time?"

No Drivers license or job? The only excuse I can see is some sort of addiction or disorder. Even my most depressed of friends (I'm talking 3 ant-depressants and previous drug addiction) is in school becoming a nurse and has her learners permit.

I feel like you aren't even at a point where you can be in a healthy relationship. You need to learn to take care of yourself before you become an adult.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Employers don't care that you worked in NY. If you get the rest of your degrees, whatever, they may be, attempt to find a job in your field for 2 years, you will be living with your parents until you are at least 30.

Are you paying your own way? Rent/board, car expenses, education expenses and so forth?

Education is not about astonishment, it is about hard work and dedication to securing a self sufficent future.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,712,828 times
Quote:
I'm 25 years old never have lived on my own and I know most 20 something's do live on their own if not their own apartment they have their own house by themselves. If not some who live with friends or a roomate all paying for rent.

I had told my best friend how I wanted my own apartment and my friend tells me "Why would you want your own place if you have it good at home? You have everything you could need for free - if you live out there you gota pay for everything".

I am an only child still living at home with both my parents. But come on at my age my mom had her own place, license, car, and job. I'm 25 and no job except my free magazine writing's, no license or car, and no place of my own.

I also know guys when it comes to dating expect a girl who has everything in order like these things. I got nothing going for me how will a guy like me if I got nothing to offer them? Yea I'm very loving and caring and stuff but ya know what I mean.

What to do?
There is nothing wrong with living at home if you are saving up to move out, pay off your bills, or help your parents. If you are just there and not doing anything constructive then its a different story. I don't mind if I meet a girl who lives with family, as long as she is being constructive and doesn't plan on being there forever.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
As a 24 year old woman, I have to say "What have you been doing all this time?"

No Drivers license or job? The only excuse I can see is some sort of addiction or disorder. Even my most depressed of friends (I'm talking 3 ant-depressants and previous drug addiction) is in school becoming a nurse and has her learners permit.

I feel like you aren't even at a point where you can be in a healthy relationship. You need to learn to take care of yourself before you become an adult.
I have similar-aged friends who have been incarcerated for extended periods and even they have either a job or a driver's license at LEAST. I don't know what the hell she did every day from 18-24.

Sorry hun. You aren't a prize to anyone at your current stage. Most guys your age do not want to take care of kids and they damn sure do not want a woman who functions like a kid like you've admitted to. The first thing you should do is at least shower more than once per week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships