Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 08:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A place like NYC, Miami and LA an over wieght and obese guy will have a tough time right regardless while women who wieghts 250 pounds have no shortage of men lined up to be with them. Me personally I would prefer to be with an average looking woman but in today's age no one wants to settle for less and deserves better from looks, degrees, and bank. Entitlements.
Of course a larger woman will have men 'lining up for her'...because men like to get laid and they tend not to be very discriminatory towards who they have sex with. Would they want a relationship or be seen in public with her? Maybe not. But they'll sure as hell send her a drunk text at 1am asking if she wants to 'hang out'.

A man willing to sleep with you is NOT the same as a man wanting to actually be in a relationship with you, which is a point many men on this forum can't seem to grasp.

As for entitlements, I've met FAR more men who feel they deserve a model than women who feel they deserve a rich guy. It's anecdotal of course, but I hear way more men complaining about 'fatties' and 'uggos' than I've ever heard women complain about poor guys.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course a larger woman will have men 'lining up for her'...because men like to get laid and they tend not to be very discriminatory towards who they have sex with. Would they want a relationship or be seen in public with her? Maybe not. But they'll sure as hell send her a drunk text at 1am asking if she wants to 'hang out'.

A man willing to sleep with you is NOT the same as a man wanting to actually be in a relationship with you, which is a point many men on this forum can't seem to grasp.

As for entitlements, I've met FAR more men who feel they deserve a model than women who feel they deserve a rich guy. It's anecdotal of course, but I hear way more men complaining about 'fatties' and 'uggos' than I've ever heard women complain about poor guys.
Yes, I'll give you that. It's because it's less common for women to just want sex for a man. Some people can't see things from the other POV.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If hes short hes not ideal no matter what..at least most of these perceived flaws women think they have can be changed..

Being short as a man is like a women having an ugly face
True -- but short and fit still beats short and fat.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, I'll give you that. It's because it's less common for women to just want sex for a man. Some people can't see things from the other POV.
You have got to get out more....

Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,968 times
This thread gives me hope for geek's like me...

Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-25-2013 at 08:45 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
The first is an assumption, sure, but I'm going to put it to you that I believe that most heterosexual men with a 'normal' sex drive would probably not turn down an average (average as in average) woman - or rather her body - for sex, in a world where sex was guilt-free and freely available and totally detached from relationships and other measures.

My question is, would you say the opposite is untrue or true? Give reasons. From what I've read/heard.etc it seems the opposite doesn't seem true. Like I said in a previous post, few women these days seem like big fans of the male gender as a whole, just a select few. The average male body is not seen as sexy, whereas a woman who just doesn't eat much can be sexy. Women fawn over men with exceptional physiques yet many say average men just having boring bodies. They tend to woo them through non-physical means. How often are men with average or thinner or slightly chubbier body types held up as being sexy innately, and not as some corny representation of domination/power?

This, of course, is ignoring the elephant in the room which is the idea that women supposedly care less about looks than men. If this is the case, then an average male body should be acceptable as long as he fits her other criteria - confidence, strength.etc. It gets complicated when the appearance of strength is a physical attribute.
Trimac..your my boy...but these last few threads have my scratching my head, what you are saying is simply not true, or at the very least an over-generalization. If women only went for men with 'exceptional' physiques, then most of them would be single, most men do NOT have exceptional physiques, probably 5% of the male population do (if that), so who are they dating?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Then why, for instance, am I constantly told that I need to work out in the gym in order to attract women? As a pre-requisite? And don't tell me it's just because it shows ambition for something.
skinny is not considered average as the average man is not skinny, I don't know what you look like but if you look 'too' skinny then that could be considered a turn off for some women

Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You make it sound so sketchy...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Trimac..your my boy...but these last few threads have my scratching my head, what you are saying is simply not true, or at the very least an over-generalization. If women only went for men with 'exceptional' physiques, then most of them would be single, most men do NOT have exceptional physiques, probably 5% of the male population do (if that), so who are they dating?
I dated guys of all shapes and sizes - and I was attracted to all of them. And most of them are married now - so it's not like I was the only woman to ever find them attractive.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
I love men in general. I have a preference for men that are thin. Like 5'10-6' 160-175lbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships