Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Not really trying to attract anyone...it's a waste of time. If she doesn't like me for me, then I'm fine dying alone. The only problem is the sex...fortunately for me, I can buy it. Sucks that your type sells it, but why would I complain?
I don't know what "your type sells it" is supposed to mean. Although, you touch on the heart of the issue. A person will either like you or not and I don't think it has much to do with physique, but personality.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't know what "your type sells it" is supposed to mean. Although, you touch on the heart of the issue. A person will either like you or not and I don't think it has much to do with physique, but personality.
I think he's inferring you're a hooker

Men and women are attracted to a whole gamut of looks. If you believe they're only attracted to Hollywood types then you're either really sheltered or really stupid.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think he's inferring you're a hooker
That level of idiocacy speaks to my original point. They're not getting laid, without paying for it I guess, because they're socially inept morons.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think we can be friends anymore. I'd rather not be friends with "your type." I don't fraternize with hookers.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
only gay men truly seem to flaunt their sexuality or see themselves as sexual beings. The only way for most men to truly feel 'sexy' is to enter into a gay relationship, I think. Only a minority of women are sexually aggressive enough.

If you really think this then you might want to look into a gay relationship-give it a whirl.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM

353 posts, read 580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The first is an assumption, sure, but I'm going to put it to you that I believe that most heterosexual men with a 'normal' sex drive would probably not turn down an average (average as in average) woman - or rather her body - for sex, in a world where sex was guilt-free and freely available and totally detached from relationships and other measures.

My question is, would you say the opposite is untrue or true? Give reasons. From what I've read/heard.etc it seems the opposite doesn't seem true. Like I said in a previous post, few women these days seem like big fans of the male gender as a whole, just a select few. The average male body is not seen as sexy, whereas a woman who just doesn't eat much can be sexy. Women fawn over men with exceptional physiques yet many say average men just having boring bodies. They tend to woo them through non-physical means. How often are men with average or thinner or slightly chubbier body types held up as being sexy innately, and not as some corny representation of domination/power?

This, of course, is ignoring the elephant in the room which is the idea that women supposedly care less about looks than men. If this is the case, then an average male body should be acceptable as long as he fits her other criteria - confidence, strength.etc. It gets complicated when the appearance of strength is a physical attribute.
Cool thread. An average guy can be very attractive if he is not arrogant. He does not need to be fabio to attract a girl that might be a bit out of his rank.
There are some very attractive males that can be a complete disaster for some even more attractive females.
Here is another interesting case; I knew a guy who was 300 lb, pear body shape (large hips) and elephant legs, but boy he thought he was so hott!!! On the other hand, there are some men that are a bit too hard on themselves and they look amazing and they end up in the bad relationships with less than average looking woman....
I guess it is how we see ourselves. It is how strong our desires and personalities are.
My thing is, your body is a gift. You do need to take care of it, so is your mind. We all make our final selections in a partner based on experience. Not media.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I dated guys of all shapes and sizes - and I was attracted to all of them. And most of them are married now - so it's not like I was the only woman to ever find them attractive.
thats my point...most women are currently dating average sized men, whether the women have exceptional bodies or not, they are most likely dating what is available to them, which is average sized men, this is what I see anyway. Women are far more forgiving in the looks dept than men...i'm not even sure why that point is even up for debate

Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think we can be friends anymore. I'd rather not be friends with "your type." I don't fraternize with hookers.
Indeed, especially 8 month pregnant, married hookers.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM

353 posts, read 580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
...i'm not even sure why that point is even up for debate
...Because debating is fun!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
thats my point...most women are currently dating average sized men, whether the women have exceptional bodies or not, they are most likely dating what is available to them, which is average sized men, this is what I see anyway. Women are far more forgiving in the looks dept than men...i'm not even sure why that point is even up for debate
I think it's one more reason for them to point blame at women for them lacking in the romance department, although I don't understand the reasoning there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.