Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You mean the average Jane/Jill? Well I guess most would 'tap that' to put it crudely, while the opposite doesn't seem the case with women, unless they were on a desert island or something. Yes, I know, different thing to a relationship but still...
Nope, I meant do most men find the average MAN attractive? If not, why should we? lol

Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Nope, I meant do most men find the average MAN attractive? If not, why should we? lol
This comment helps proves that women are not into average looking men AT ALL. And IME, it doesnt matter how attractive the women is, average, or extremely attractive.

Most men don't look at other men and determine if he is attractive. Unless they are into men in that way.
Men don't look at men the way women look at other women.
We may compare body style, or hair or something, but I'm never thinking, that dude is hot. The only time I really have an opinion is if the guy is REALLY sloppy.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
That Study from 2 years ago on that website confirmed what I've always believed, women only find a very small percentage of males attractive(it said they found 80 percent below average). IMO guys find around 35 to 40% of females physically attractive

Now obviously if your not in that top 20 percent you can find success but its just much harder especially in your younger years
I wonder if women REALLY knew how many women the attractive guys date, would they still be interested ? Or, if a guy has 200 partners, is that just not a big deal to women?
The numbers are off the charts. I'm a guy, and the numbers of some of my friends disgust ME, and all we do is shake hands.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Yes but it just doesn't seem that they are generally considered sexy by most women.
Says who? What are you basing your opinions on?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I wonder if women REALLY knew how many women the attractive guys date, would they still be interested ? Or, if a guy has 200 partners, is that just not a big deal to women?
The numbers are off the charts. I'm a guy, and the numbers of some of my friends disgust ME, and all we do is shake hands.
Apparently it's totally fine as long as they're in the past. But just not at the same time.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Says who? What are you basing your opinions on?
It just seems that way. I mean some girls have called me handsome, but i guess since I'm not pro-active I haven't really developed a RS with anyone. The few girls I've felt strongly enough about weren't even single. But I just don't FEEL that attractive here at least. I also think it's the fact I often appear nerdy/sloppy.etc. I admit when I wear certain things or if I'm feeling it I feel more attractive...though I hate it say it but I wonder if 'race' comes into play, as I seem to get more attention in Asia.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
That Study from 2 years ago on that website confirmed what I've always believed, women only find a very small percentage of males attractive(it said they found 80 percent below average). IMO guys find around 35 to 40% of females physically attractive

Now obviously if your not in that top 20 percent you can find success but its just much harder especially in your younger years
That study was confined to men on that specific website, not all men in the world at large.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
It just seems that way. I mean some girls have called me handsome, but i guess since I'm not pro-active I haven't really developed a RS with anyone. The few girls I've felt strongly enough about weren't even single. But I just don't FEEL that attractive here at least. I hate it say it but I wonder if 'race' comes into play, as I seem to get more attention in Asia.
So - this thread should really be, "Why don't women find ME sexy?" as opposed to why women are not attracted to the average male body. I'm not sure what you are expecting - women to throw themselves at you from the minute you leave your house? The men I have been in relationships with know that I find them sexy. I don't make it a habit to whistle and make cat calls at men when I'm out and about.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Most men don't look at other men and determine if he is attractive. Unless they are into men in that way.
Men don't look at men the way women look at other women.
We may compare body style, or hair or something, but I'm never thinking, that dude is hot.
The only time I really have an opinion is if the guy is REALLY sloppy.
I just think this is an issue of women being generally better looking than men. I notice attractive, normal, non-supermodel women every day. Men, not so much. I think you can recognize another man as attractive even if you aren't sexually into men. The reason you don't see it is because most of them just aren't aesthetically pleasing.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - this thread should really be, "Why don't women find ME sexy?" as opposed to why women are not attracted to the average male body. I'm not sure what you are expecting - women to throw themselves at you from the minute you leave your house? The men I have been in relationships with know that I find them sexy. I don't make it a habit to whistle and make cat calls at men when I'm out and about.
No it also seemed that women were particularly picky about men in general.

I don't really get out much, so it's not like I've been exposed to a ton of women. It's hard to gauge my perceived level of attractiveness (personally I think I'm not bad looking, perhaps average to slightly above average) to women in the situations where I go out, because I don't often chat up women and mostly just feel like I blend into the background. These disheartening experiences don't exactly enthuse me into going out much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships