Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
It's funny because you view it as "men don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves." Which basically is the same as "men don't want to spend their money on me." Like, what are you bringing to this? "Well, uh ...he gets to spend money on me." Oh, OK. That's fantastic! Or "he gets to sleep with me." OMG, your you-know-what is made of gold! Nobody could ever get that anywhere else!
So, do you think that the majority of women out there are actual gold diggers? Do you think that the majority of women are only with their SO's or looking for SO's based on their money alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
maybe its a generational thing, but the whining about gold diggers and spending money on women always grinds my gears. i'm a hardworking 20-something female who never hesitates to spend my money on the people i care about. money, time, talents, whatever it is i have i'll gladly share with someone and the thought that i should get resistance back because one person might have more of a particular commodity than another in a relationship is annoying. i had one ex who refused to ever do anything for me whether it be cleaning or taking me for a meal because he was so worried about me "using" him . i supported him completely for two years lol- i brought in all of the income and did all of the housework and it sucked...so much that i lost complete respect for him as a person (realizing of course that the whole time he had no respect for me or women in general). women don't care if you have tons of money. it does however show a lack of respect and interest when you refuse to share anything of yours with her or do anything for her. don't be a pushover and buy presents for women who are clearly not interested in you and don't do anything back for you, but when you like a woman and she likes you back and acts like it its okay to let your guard down a little

then again the men whining arent usually the ones with women interested in them anyway, in which case i can kinda understand. you buy women things and they still show no interest nor do anything back for you. then yea in that case move along. i feel for the dudes who fail miserably at attracting any woman's interest so i can understand why they'd be pissy about having wasted money on women.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
It's funny because you view it as "men don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves." Which basically is the same as "men don't want to spend their money on me." Like, what are you bringing to this? "Well, uh ...he gets to spend money on me." Oh, OK. That's fantastic! Or "he gets to sleep with me." OMG, your you-know-what is made of gold! Nobody could ever get that anywhere else!
I don't find it funny and it isn't "basically the same" at all. There are people who are not generous, who do not know the meaning of giving without expecting something in return, who keep score and feel that spending on another entitles them to something.

It is my impression that these are the types who cry gold digger at the drop of a hat, not because the woman is a gold digger but that they are simply too cheap and selfish with their own money.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 AM

529 posts, read 702,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, do you think that the majority of women out there are actual gold diggers? Do you think that the majority of women are only with their SO's or looking for SO's based on their money alone?
See, women try to get out of it by saying "alone." As in "I'm only a gold-digger if I totally am repulsed by the guy and want to kill myself but he's rich." That's how they tell themselves they're these beautiful people who "only care about what's inside." Which is baloney. Just as men are superficial and look for boobs and butts, women are superficial and look for money. I could take a guy who you are attracted to and say "...and he's unemployed" and you'd suddenly be uninterested. Or I could take a guy who you consider marginal and tell you he makes six figures and suddenly you're turned on. You still tell yourself it's not "all" about the money, but it's about the money.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 AM

678 posts, read 698,213 times
yea ive been on the otherside of that almost every girl ive been with (black) has been money hungry and im not a trillionare or anything. Normal guy normal job nothing fancy as soon as i hear a cry for money from a women im OUT!!!

Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Yeah, but we can all agree that he was just throwing around the term. You can't be a gold-digger if you have more money than the guy. But nobody can stop someone from using the term as an insult, nor does it make it invalid just because some guys DO use it as a random insult. It's not like "well, someone once falsely called me a gold-digger, so clearly there are no gold-diggers," right?
I never said there weren't gold diggers out there (some of them even flaunt that's what they do... there are even dating websites set up for "sugar daddys" to find them). I am just saying most women aren't gold diggers and after a man's money. I'd also say most men aren't gold diggers (or sugar daddys) either. I still contend that most people get together because they like each other... not that she only likes his wallet and he only likes how she looks.

Last edited by jillabean; 10-08-2013 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Had to fix misspelling of "contend"

Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
women don't care if you have tons of money. it does however show a lack of respect and interest when you refuse to share anything of yours with her or do anything for her.
See, nobody buys the "women don't care if you have tons of money" line. Let me ask you: if this guy who was totally broke did the housework -- in other words, you "flipped roles" and he became a house husband and you completely and totally financially supported him -- that would be fine with you? And most women?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:03 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
Quote:
See, women try to get out of it by saying "alone." As in "I'm only a gold-digger if I totally am repulsed by the guy and want to kill myself but he's rich." That's how they tell themselves they're these beautiful people who "only care about what's inside." Which is baloney. Just as men are superficial and look for boobs and butts, women are superficial and look for money. I could take a guy who you are attracted to and say "...and he's unemployed" and you'd suddenly be uninterested. Or I could take a guy who you consider marginal and tell you he makes six figures and suddenly you're turned on. You still tell yourself it's not "all" about the money, but it's about the money.
really bc i know plenty of unemployed men with girlfriends

Old 10-08-2013, 07:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Please answer the questions. Do you think that the majority of women are actual gold diggers? And since you seem to want to change the definition of gold diggers - then do you think that the majority of women are only aiming for men because of their money?

Oh - and please look up the definition of "gold digger." Every definition listed is basically the same - a woman whose sole goal is money and greed.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I still content that most people get together because they like each other... not that she only likes his wallet and he only likes how she looks.
I would agree that most women are not going to get with a guy who they hate just for the money. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that women DO take money into account when looking at a man, and not in a small way. Men don't look at women that way. They don't go "hm, could she support me? OK, then I'll go out with her." Trust me on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships