Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,165,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
It might be more sensitive for me, just as it is for jillabean because of my past. Growing up, I was fairly poor and I got zero attention from women. Now, I make a good salary and I'm the same person and if I tell a woman what I do or what I make I get attention. Some of you make recall that I have said that I have no game and am alone and may question that. The thing is, I never tell a woman what I do if I can avoid it. But guess what happens? That's right. No interest from women.

P.S. If I wanted to just nail a woman and dump her, I could. I'm not into that, so I don't do the whole "hey, I have money, let's have sex, bye" thing.
let me get this straight. you get no interest from women if they don't know how much money you have or what you do. you get a little interest when you do tell them these things. therefore women are golddiggers? no. you get no interest from women because you are not interesting and have nothing to offer beyond finances. you're not funny, you're not fun, you're rude and bitter, you're not that smart or interesting, you mistrust all women, maybe you're out of shape or not that attractive, you are too timid to stand up for yourself outside of the internet world, you're mean, maybe you have no hobbies or talents or interests at all. work on that stuff first and the women will come. you don't have any "gold" to offer, but when you have absolutely nothing going for you but mention that you make okay money and act desperate for female attention, of course they're going to jump all over you asking for material things.

believe it or not, plenty of people are in happy, loving, and giving relationships where "who makes what" doesn't matter. they work as a team. yes if i made a lot more money than my SO it would make sense for him to take care of the household/kids. but if i lost my job he'd work his butt off to help. if things were reversed it'd go the same way. that is how loving relationships work. if you can't be a decent person yourself don't expect decent women to come running. if all you have to offer is money and you make that clear then you're going to get used for it. this is not a gender issue. this is your issue. work on it and stop bitching on internet.

and please continue to cut one sentence out of each post you respond to and ignore the entire argument
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, c'mon man, these women aren't going to admit that money matters 'way more' than they're willing to admit.
Money matters of course it does, how do you feed, clothe and shelter your kids and SO without money? HOWEVER, it should be down to BOTH individuals to provide a comfortable lifestyle. No one should have the financial strain for the whole family.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 AM

529 posts, read 702,455 times
It's quite funny because now everyone is trying to say that the problem is with me. Fair enough, you can say that I have no personality, but notice how all the women and their supporters are totally ignoring the actions of the women?

By the way, the one woman who was trying to criticize me sounds like I hit a nerve because she's desperately trying to make as many insults as she can at me now. That's why I don't reveal personal information on here.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
It's quite funny because now everyone is trying to say that the problem is with me. Fair enough, you can say that I have no personality, but notice how all the women and their supporters are totally ignoring the actions of the women?
The actions of which women?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM

529 posts, read 702,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The actions of which women?
The women in the story I told.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,165,463 times
Quote:

By the way, the one woman who was trying to criticize me sounds like I hit a nerve because she's desperately trying to make as many insults as she can at me now. That's why I don't reveal personal information on here.
i dont know you. i dont know your faults. i just know that you must have some serious relational issues if money is the only thing women are ever interested in you for. those were merely some examples

men do the same thing. its not a gender issue. yes people will use other people. if you're always getting used then its time to look in the mirror. ive been in bad relationships and been treated like crap by others before. its really not that hard to look back and figure out where i went wrong to warrant that treatment. i let it happen. i didn't stand up for myself. i didn't respect myself enough. learn from your mistakes, grow and move on, don't let other people treat you like crap. stop blaming everyone else for your problems, especially when you single it out as a gender issue. that makes it even more pathetic because you target an entire half of the population who has done no wrong to you. there are many decent people out there of both genders. stand up for yourself and be firm but don't be a bitter whiny bore.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,133 times
Quote:

as someone who has made a lot of money and lost it in their lifetime, I can tell you that I understand what you are saying when you say that some women become much more interested if they find out about the money. Part of that is where you hang out, and part of it is you, like it or not we attract some types of people based on our personality, and if the only people we hang around with are people only concerned about money, then that is what you will attract.

Personally I do not know what it is with you as I have never met you, but have you tried changing up the people you hang out with, and the places you go?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
Quote:

Ignoring whose actions? You're the one running after the gold-diggers. People are who they are going to be. You have no control over that. You can only control who you choose to interact with. If you find that it is the case for you that you only seem to attract women when you state your income then it's the women you are picking or it's YOU.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
And what "guys" would that be? I'm curious.

And what is a "decent job" too? What's a "decent job" to a woman on welfare that rights her so much to be so judgmental?

In terms of morals--as you seem to be alluding to--what do you think the Catholic Church would regard as immoral, a man working as a sanitation worker for the City of Chicago or a woman that aborts her child after having premarital sex?

I know, I know, I'm evil. The "good people" of the United States with their sole materialism has it right.

Out of curiosity, you have no intellectual or ethical criticism of a bisexual woman that oh.... picks a woman that dresses and looks like a 14 year old boy, earns minimum wage as a non-skilled assembly worker, over a grown man that works for UPS?

What I can say is that male and female feminists and liberals have a big problem with whom women date or have sex with or marry if that person is male, but they have nothing to say if that person is female.
What are you babbling about? What a strange tangent.

I am talking about guys on this forum. The men I am fortunate enough to deal with IRL don't treat relationships like business transactions. Neither do the women I associate with.

Wtf do morals have to do with it?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown
It might be more sensitive for me, just as it is for jillabean because of my past. Growing up, I was fairly poor and I got zero attention from women. Now, I make a good salary and I'm the same person and if I tell a woman what I do or what I make I get attention
It's possible that the attention isn't because of your income, it's because of the lack of secrecy.

We had a thread about this a while back, where WPD was claiming that anytime a stranger who is meeting you for the first time asks, 'So, what do you do?', if that stranger is female then she is asking about income.

He actually did not understand that this was just normal small talk, a way of getting a basic sense of how someone spends there time, and a good guess about what their other interests might be. (For example, an accountant is less likely to be interested in stock car racing than a firefighter -- though you never know.) He had the same trigger around asking someone what part of town they live in, or if they are local.

What he didn't understand was that refusing to answer basic getting-to-know-you questions was sending the signal that he was a controlling nutjob. Which is a lot bigger deal to most women than salary could ever be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships