Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
How old are they? If a woman is attractive, age 30+ and working 40 hours per week, I would say that is an unusual situation.

Workforces are aplenty with people that fit that bill (well, most work more than 40). Most of upper management where I last worked fit that definition. I know very few women that want to stay at home. Again, this might be regional, but why would a person go get their degree, usually a masters, and then want to stay at home? It doesn't make sense. Yeah, if they have kids they take some maternity leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 01:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
How old are they? If a woman is attractive, age 30+ and working 40 hours per week, I would say that is an unusual situation.

I look around my office. I see ~50% women. I wonder if this is more blue collar or low end incomes and jobs where it does not pay to pay for child care.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM

134 posts, read 214,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I would not want to be with a man who would allow someone to use them in that way.
A lot of guys like their wife to be financially dependent on them.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain044 View Post
I'm just mad that I have to work in a job, and some of these women are superior and entitled enough to NOT work. Men must WORK even if they hate it, for some reason women have a choice and not men. And then some complain through feminism that they're oppressed, when they are superior enough to demand servants to provide money.

So it's a combination of the fact that I'm working and they're not. And they still complain as if they're in the Warsaw Ghetto, while maintaining a superior attitude. Just a cavalcation of factors that is ultra annoying to people who suffer at work all day.
I'm mad I have to work too! Where is this feminism through which I can complain and exert my superiority and demand my servants!

Ok now, roughly 57% of women and 75% of men in the US are in the workforce. Roughly 100% children are carried in the womb and delivered by women and roughly 0% by men. The number of SAHF is roughly 3% women 14%. Connect the dots.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Quote:
If you're an attractive woman (which you might be. I'm not saying you're not. Obviously I wouldn't know since I've never met you.) then you most certainly can get by without working.

Oh so its just attractive women who shouldn't have to work. Would that equate to uh..............gold digger?

You think it is unusual for a woman to have a job/career? Geesh, all this articles and news topics about women in the workforce, women out earning men, are all these ugly women?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Until they split up, then it's all "how dare that golddigging leech think she deserves any of *my* hard-earned money."

Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 PM

134 posts, read 214,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, this might be regional, but why would a person go get their degree, usually a masters, and then want to stay at home?
They'll work for a few years after getting their Master's but if they meet a dermatologist making $270k/yr then they'll want to settle down with him and take for themselves a less stressful, less demanding job than they had before, if they decide to keep working at all.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
They'll work for a few years after getting their Master's but if they meet a dermatologist making $270k/yr then they'll want to settle down with him and take for themselves a less stressful, less demanding job than they had before, if they decide to keep working at all.
Some women, sure.....but not all.

And maybe the woman is a dermatologist making 270k a year, and the man is a welder making 30k.

I can't imagine just up and quitting my job and becoming financially dependent on another person, I LIKE my stressful and demanding job.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:

And you know what? They should rock on with that. The whole men are this and women are that thing that keeps coming up over and over is useless. Find someone who wants the same things you want. Instead of looking at everyone as one size fits all.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
The women I know are very ambitious and I don't see them fitting your imagined path to happiness. Amazingly, lots of women have professional goals and are very driven to achieve them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships