Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM

529 posts, read 702,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
i dont know you. i dont know your faults. i just know that you must have some serious relational issues if money is the only thing women are ever interested in you for. those were merely some examples

men do the same thing. its not a gender issue. yes people will use other people. if you're always getting used then its time to look in the mirror. ive been in bad relationships and been treated like crap by others before. its really not that hard to look back and figure out where i went wrong to warrant that treatment. i let it happen. i didn't stand up for myself. i didn't respect myself enough. learn from your mistakes, grow and move on, don't let other people treat you like crap. stop blaming everyone else for your problems, especially when you single it out as a gender issue. that makes it even more pathetic because you target an entire half of the population who has done no wrong to you. there are many decent people out there of both genders. stand up for yourself and be firm but don't be a bitter whiny bore.
Another rambling post filled with attempts at insults and nothing about the women. What a surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And the thing with actual gold diggers is that their schtick is passive. If you meet a woman who's only interested in your money and demands to be showered with gifts and treated like a princess, you can walk away without opening your wallet. No one is forcing you to buy anything for her. They're pretty easy to spot and avoid.
Ah, here's the next defense for gold-diggers. First it was "barely any women are gold-diggers." Then it was "if someone is a gold-digger, then it's actually your fault." Now, it's "gold-digging is passive, so there's actually no blame on the woman." Keep it coming, guys! This is fantastic stuff.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
personally i think the idea of a male nurse is pretty hott. if you're an ICU nurse and avoid drama you can make bank, too.
Hmmm ....interesting! LOL. By the way, if you don't know what is so interesting, try reading brocco's posts to me about gold-diggers.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Ah, here's the next defense for gold-diggers. First it was "barely any women are gold-diggers." Then it was "if someone is a gold-digger, then it's actually your fault." Now, it's "gold-digging is passive, so there's actually no blame on the woman." Keep it coming, guys! This is fantastic stuff.
Oh, for f's sake. Now you're just being obtuse. This isn't about blame. There are jerks out there in all stripes. Some of the stripes are about money. If you don't want to deal with a gold digger then don't give her what she wants.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, for f's sake. Now you're just being obtuse. This isn't about blame. There are jerks out there in all stripes. Some of the stripes are about money. If you don't want to deal with a gold digger then don't give her what she wants.
Absolutely. That's a very reasonable statement. And it's not about blame, but when men vocalize what they don't like or are trying to avoid, then women DO blame them. If they were just like you and said "OK, well, that's fine," we wouldn't have this thread.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It would be wrong if that woman isn't actively pursuing a man to provide her with unlimited material goods and a lavish lifestyle, which is what a gold digger is!

All over this forum there are guys are worried about gold diggers and IMO, quite frankly, it translates that they simply don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves, and if they were to spend on another, they expect something out of it.
Quote:
It's funny because you view it as "men don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves." Which basically is the same as "men don't want to spend their money on me." Like, what are you bringing to this? "Well, uh ...he gets to spend money on me." Oh, OK. That's fantastic! Or "he gets to sleep with me." OMG, your you-know-what is made of gold! Nobody could ever get that anywhere else!
I actually agree with Liberty on this one.

There are many out there who tear down women and label them as gold diggers or "whores/hos" and say that these women are trading in their vagina for money. I think it is pretty safe to assume that these are the same people who call wives glorified prostitutes. There is no winning with these people.

And while we are on the notion that gold diggers are a disgrace to womankind. I'd like to point out that not all gold-diggers are female. Also, many of the women being labeled as gold diggers are women who come from means and who want partners who also come from means. Is that also a disgrace or is this form of gold digging deemed acceptable?

In this day and age, more women (and men) are becoming smart about how they dig their gold, how they save it and how they invest it.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
O.K fine. Yes, the problem is that ALL WOMEN are gold-diggers and you are a VICTIM. Now what? You're still alone but I guess it makes you feel better because the fault lies with ALL the women on planet Earth and not you.

I'm sure there is zero possiblity that there could possibly be something about you that is off-putting to the opposite sex despite the fact that junkies...convicted felons...dead-beat dads...one-legged ugly a&& dudes..women beaters etc manage to find a woman.

Quote:
Absolutely. That's a very reasonable statement. And it's not about blame, but when men vocalize what they don't like or are trying to avoid, then women DO blame them. If they were just like you and said "OK, well, that's fine," we wouldn't have this thread.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
O.K fine. Yes, the problem is that ALL WOMEN are gold-diggers and you are a VICTIM. Now what? You're still alone but I guess it makes you feel better because the fault lies with ALL the women on planet Earth and not you.

I'm sure there is zero possiblity that there could possibly be something about you that is off-putting to the opposite sex despite the fact that junkies...convicted felons...dead-beat dads...one-legged ugly a&& dudes..women beaters etc manage to find a woman.
I just spent $400 or so on a trip my guy and I are taking this weekend.... am I gold digging right?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
Quote:
Another rambling post filled with attempts at insults and nothing about the women. What a surprise!
really? i said people of both genders use other people. there it is right there. you can't blame your own shortcomings on an entire gender, which i emphasized by describing my own experiences. well i guess you can if you just want to troll or complain on the internet :/ but in real life it won't get you very far.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Going to such lengths to quote the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

This thread went places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships