Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 07:34 AM

529 posts, read 702,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
"LOL", yes I do. I was raised to be considerate of others, to be generous, able to give and not always expect something in return. I've certainly had no shortage of people in my life trying to take advantage of that though.
That's quite easy to say. If it was true, you wouldn't care about a man's finances, which you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
That's quite easy to say. If it was true, you wouldn't care about a man's finances, which you do.
I'm so glad you know me better than I do and can speak on my behalf.

Seems you are the guy this very thread was created about. No wonder you're so upset.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
But it's not "okay." Look at how the women respond. It's with outrage, like "oh, you refuse to provide for me? Then you suck! Go die! You're just bitter and your genitals are probably small! You're no man, you're a BOY! Now give me that lifestyle!"
No one said those things. And actually, if you go back and re-read, it's mostly other men who are calling out other men on the gold digging issue. Women in this thread, for the most part, have been like me... defensive and saying we aren't all gold diggers in response to the men here who are saying it's all women really care about (money).

Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
The problem I see with women nowadays is they want equality and independence yet still want traditional men as if it were 1950.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I'm so glad you know me better than I do and can speak on my behalf.

Seems you are the guy this very thread was created about. No wonder you're so upset.
Oh, so you DON'T care about a man's finances? LOLOL. You can tell just by reading your posts that you do.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
The problem I see with women nowadays is they want equality and independence yet still want traditional men as if it were 1950.
That's true, but the other problem is they don't want to be held to their own standards. The women on here are trying to act like a man should come into a relationship willing to give without receiving anything in return ...and also, coincidentally, have stuff to give. And meanwhile, the woman is not expected to do the same, apparently, or they wouldn't have the expectation of getting anything.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
But it's not "okay." Look at how the women respond. It's with outrage, like "oh, you refuse to provide for me? Then you suck! Go die! You're just bitter and your genitals are probably small! You're no man, you're a BOY! Now give me that lifestyle!"

Lol, c'mon man, these women aren't going to admit that money matters 'way more' than they're willing to admit.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
OK, but let's say a man is the $45K earner who spends $38K. How many women are attracted to that? If you're being honest, it's fairly few. Even the people on here mock guys who make $45K and drive a Civic as "losers." It's not "well, I am only looking at your finances to see how responsible you are." Or if it is, it's like "good, you're only spending $38K, that leaves $7K for me to spend."
A woman didn't say that... a man did. And he was making the point that most of the men here worried about gold diggers really have nothing to worry about. Real gold diggers are after men with money and someone who likes to spend money. The definition of gold digger is, "a person who dates others purely to extract money from them, in particular a woman who strives to marry a wealthy man." $45k isn't wealthy.

To answer your question, most women aren't attracted to a man who makes $45k and spends $38k... that's because most women don't know or care how much a man makes when they first meet and first start dating. If your dates are asking you for your tax returns and investment portfolio before dating you--then yeah, you have a gold digger on your hands. But how many women ask you that?

What I was saying is that most women do care about finances. Most of us work and manage our own and we want someone on the same page as us when it comes to financial responsibility. We don't want a deadbeat any more than men do. The man I am dating now, we talk about saving and financial responsibility. I have no clue how much he makes, never asked. But I do know he's like me (a saver and investor). And that he's like me and sees consumer debt as wrong. We both like to talk about great deals we got on things (being frugal)... These are the kinds of things that appeal to me financially. If we go long term, if we move in together or something, we are on the same page financially.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
A woman didn't say that... a man did.
It was a man who was supporting you women and arguing that there are no gold diggers.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
To answer your question, most women aren't attracted to a man who makes $45k and spends $38k... that's because most women don't know or care how much a man makes when they first meet and first start dating.
That's not true. A women wants to know what a man does almost immediately. From that, you can tell roughly what he makes. If a man says he's a janitor, trust me, women aren't going to be interested unless they're housekeepers or maids. Now you can claim that you "didn't know what he made," but that's not actually true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships