Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
You're doing the intelligent thing, krieger, but I'm surmising if women exercised their choice by picking guys that only do the seasonal work of shoveling snow. And those gals turned you down for such guys, stan4 would claim that you don't understand because those women want a guy with a "descent job."

Which is why I would like to know what a "descent job" is?

Well I do not real care what woman think is a good job . I know what I want to do and I am going to do . I am going to be a nurse no mater what . I do not care some people joke about me being a man and being nurse but I do not care.

I am doing for the right reasons and want a job that matters. Might it help with the lady's I do not know how woman feel about it never really asked a girl.

Also I am open to working in Pediatrics or the NICU where they place sick and/or premature newborns. I sure its not going to win me any dates but it says a lot about a guy vs a guy working a dead end job he hates.

Last edited by krieger00; 10-07-2013 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
did you read my prior post with the definition of gold digger?

and using my definition, your assumption is incorrect and that is not my beliefs.

do i believe women consider a man's financial status and resources when evaluating him for a long term mate?

abolutely, no doubt about it. and really boggles my mind how evasive women are on this issues. like it's shameful or unlady like to admit it.

every guy i know grows up with the societal message that being a successful man allows you to have a greater selection in choice in the women you date and marry. every guy.

just like every women i know grows up with the societal message that being physically attractive allows you to have a greater selection in choice the the men you date and marry. every woman.

sure there are variants, this is a "generalization", not some women, blah blah blah. all you have to do is observe popular media and the message is there right in front of you. no kidding.
roger

Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
...expressing frustration at women obsessed with money, or are they really expressing envy of men who are more successful than they are?

I ask because a lot of complaints about "gold-digging" are tinged with a subtle suggestion that wealthy men are getting access to women they don't really deserve...
Most of these dumbasses here on CD that complain of golddiggers don't have shyt in terms of money.

Yeah... she's really after your 45k a year and that almost paid off used Honda you bought right out of college......

Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well I do not real care what woman think is a good job . I know what I want to do and I am going to do . I am going to be a nurse no mater what . I do not care some people joke about me being a man and being nurse but I do not care.

I am doing for the right reasons and want a job that matters. Might it help with the lady's I do not know how woman feel about it never really asked a girl.

Also I am open to working in Pediatrics or the NICU where they place sick and/or premature newborns. I sure its not going to win me any dates but it says a lot about a guy vs a guy working a dead end job he hates.
Yes it does.

Nursing--and most jobs in the health care field--offers steady employment. I've known a couple people that became nurses and did not like it though. There's more paperwork in the job than some expect going in.

Make sure you get your 4 year instead or your 2 year degree in nursing too. It will make it easier to jump step up the ladder of your profession. A good number of men pursue nursing fields in the administrative side of the hospital, as well as nurse practitioners, and nurse anesthesiologist. All require advanced degrees in nursing, and the latter pays out big bucks. Some nurse anesthesiologists earn more money annually than medical doctors.

Making 6 figures as a nurse with one of those advanced degrees you'll be able to attract a lot of gold diggers and every other kind of woman too.

Purchase insurance for malpractice too when you become a nurse. Your responsibility is not like that of a drywaller or high school teacher. If you mess up with the medication or math calculations on some substance you are suppose to give a patient, especially if the results are you kill the person, the hospital will likely be sued, and you may be sued too. It's very unlikely the hospital will pay a lawyer to defend you.

And I'm happy to read that you don't care what a woman's opinion is on what constitutes a good job. It's fair time masculinism is ushered in. Do what you want and think what you want and you don't need to explain yourself or offer apologies to a feminist. She'll probably have a sexual affair with one of her 14 year old students if she can't land the married OB/GYN she's conniving for.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
...expressing frustration at women obsessed with money, or are they really expressing envy of men who are more successful than they are?

I ask because a lot of complaints about "gold-digging" are tinged with a subtle suggestion that wealthy men are getting access to women they don't really deserve...

And there I was, expecting the second half of the sentence to be:

Quote:
...really just broke-ass chumps who live in their parents' basements, seething with resentment that women aren't falling all over them just because they exist?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most of these dumbasses here on CD that complain of golddiggers don't have shyt in terms of money.

Yeah... she's really after your 45k a year and that almost paid off used Honda you bought right out of college......
What is the per capita income in the United States?

Then relative to the United States what is the per capita incomes of the New York City and Chicago?

If you actually made over $45,000 I would think you would comprehend the humor in what you implied. I'm thinking you make a lot less than $45,000 a year because I can't imagine anyone making your dumb statement could actually be put in a managerial or executive position that comes with a salary more than that. Most such people can flip numbers back and forth in their head carrying out complicated mathematical formulas in a board room in a minutes notice.

City Data should shed light.

http://www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html

Quote:
Estimated per capita income in 2011: $30,200
http://www.city-data.com/city/Chicago-Illinois.html

Quote:
Estimated per capita income in 2011: $26,300
Both those cities are expensive major cities to live in and both are financial centers of the United States.

So, I call B.S. on your implied comments--about yourself as well. Frankly, I don't think you're too intelligent. Whatever job you have I'm sure any tranny prostitute or street kid in El Salavador can do it, and probably more efficiently than you.

Lets look at Cleveland or Memphis in relation to muscular Chicago.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Ohio.html

Quote:
Estimated per capita income in 2011: $16,779
http://www.city-data.com/city/Memphis-Tennessee.html

Quote:
Estimated per capita income in 2011: $20,463
So, we can surmise from the per capita income of all these cities that there are a lot of people (presumably of both sexes) in these cities, earning annually, a lot less, and a lot more, than the per capita income in their respective cities.

Basically, $45,000 a year is not a lot of money in most U.S. cities but it is a "decent wage" for a single individual, if we go by what an enormous swath of American citizens are earning. One reason marriage has been promoted by governments today with two working parents, is that a combined income of say... $45,000 + $55,000 creates a household income of $100,000 a year that a child can be reared in.

Yet, you imply you are soooooooo smart and make soooooooo much money from your high powered Big Man money job, but you don't have a basic mathematical clue of what's going on in the United States. You're so lost you have the mind set of a 14 year old boy setting in a high school classroom.

No, I'm afraid in the real world most American men and women are not pulling in 6 figure incomes individually. Most aren't even make $75,000 individually.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
What is the per capita income in the United States?

Then relative to the United States what is the per capita incomes of the New York City and Chicago?

If you actually made over $45,000 I would think you would comprehend the humor in what you implied. I'm thinking you make a lot less than $45,000 a year because I can't imagine anyone making your dumb statement could actually be put in a managerial or executive position that comes with a salary more than that. Most such people can flip numbers back and forth in their head carrying out complicated mathematical formulas in a board room in a minutes notice.

City Data should shed light.

http://www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chicago-Illinois.html

Both those cities are expensive major cities to live in and both are financial centers of the United States.

So, I call B.S. on your implied comments--about yourself as well. Frankly, I don't think you're too intelligent. Whatever job you have I'm sure any tranny prostitute or street kid in El Salavador can do it, and probably more efficiently than you.

Lets look at Cleveland or Memphis in relation to muscular Chicago.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Ohio.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Memphis-Tennessee.html

So, we can surmise from the per capita income of all these cities that there are a lot of people (presumably of both sexes) in these cities, earning annually, a lot less, and a lot more, than the per capita income in their respective cities.

Basically, $45,000 a year is not a lot of money in most U.S. cities but it is a "decent wage" for a single individual, if we go by what an enormous swath of American citizens are earning. One reason marriage has been promoted by governments today with two working parents, is that a combined income of say... $45,000 + $55,000 creates a household income of $100,000 a year that a child can be reared in.

Yet, you imply you are soooooooo smart and make soooooooo much money from your high powered Big Man money job, but you don't have a basic mathematical clue of what's going on in the United States. You're so lost you have the mind set of a 14 year old boy setting in a high school classroom.

No, I'm afraid in the real world most American men and women are not pulling in 6 figure incomes individually. Most aren't even make $75,000 individually.
I got bored in the sea of stats ... but I pretty much double my example income, just shy of 6 figures...., not that that matters.... and I don't worry about women (if I were single) golddiggers...... cause lets be honest, 95k or so isn't really that much to worry about.......

Besides, if you can't navigate the dating waters and don't have enough sense in your head to see a person who is trying to rip you off, then I'd say Darwin's theories are coming to fruition for you my friend..

Drop the attitude btw... it makes you look defensive...........

Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
Gold Diggers actually exist. . . .

However, with that being said - men in the United States have an incredibly warped definition of what they think a 'gold digger' is. I'm saying that as a guy. Men in the US are completely delusional in terms of what they consider to be a 'gold digger' and it is seriously funny to hear guys talk about a gold digger and then to hear them elaborate on what they think one is.

Basically, guys have an overly inflated (and subjective) view of themselves when it comes to dating and/or meeting women and an average guy thinks that he is a great catch if he 'has a good job, a house and a decent credit score' and then his own slightly narcissistic traits lead him to conclude that any woman that he has sex with must obviously be a 'gold digger'.

There are guys that think if they pay for dinner and any other activities associated with dating a woman and then eventually, maybe if the woman is lucky, the guy takes her on a vacation and maybe occasionally sends her flowers - that she is a 'gold digger' and the guy that is providing all the life sustaining food that is consumed at a restaurant as well as other things like the enormous expense related to buying a movie ticket, etc thinks that he is exchanging things of equal value to any type of physical contact he might have with her in the form of sex. Once again as a guy and I've seen different scenarios and have studied a few of my buddies in terms of this particular psychological pathology they suffer from - it is ridiculous.

These same guys are the ones that hesitate to do anything else for a woman and/or even worse expect her to start paying for half of whatever dating expenses they have or else they determine that she is a 'gold digger'. These clowns never get to a point where they are actually with a woman because they love her, want to take care of her and they never mature to a level or point that would ever result in them being married - unless it is with a woman that is either fat and/or ugly. And it is their own frugality and or cheapness that causes that end result.

The same tragically flawed philosophy regarding women and money that guys like that have, evolves to a whole new level - if or when a guy like that actually has sex with his 'gold digger' and then doesn't understand why when they are no longer together and she has given birth to his kid that the state would actually expect him to pay child support. They consider that a form of gold digging too. It's really sad.

Seriously. . . . A guy would have to be spending more money on a woman in a year than she alone could possibly make at a job or a career, buying a house for her to live in, and a nice car along with taking her on multiple vacations a year, buying her jewelry, funding her IRA and giving her some extra spending cash before the term gold digger could ever be realistically applied to the her in the relationship. Anything less than that and there is absolutely no gold digging occurring.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post

This is too hilarious. That's fine that you want to be a nurse but the fact you typed that with such determination and fervor is hilarious. I can imagine standing, screaming and pointing. I WILL BE A NURSE, DAMN IT! Splitting my sides real talk.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:04 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I live where women can pay for those things themselves. And I hang out with women who think it's obviously easier to buy their own stuff than to go to and try to get some man to do so.

You, OTOH, seem to live in the historical era when women were not allowed to own money.
I acknowledge how finances can affect dating/relationships, unlike you.

And you edited your post after I wrote a response, otherwise I wouldn't have commented on it in the first place. Would your six-figure income female friends date a man making half or less than they do?

What woman would not want a man who's either her financial equal or better?

Last edited by Stockyman; 10-08-2013 at 01:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships