Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times

Advertisements

Eh. It's online dating, women can be much more superficial than real life because they are behind a computer screen.

Men can be too, but the more realistic guys, like myself, are basically looked over almost all the time. Exceptions to every rule of course, but the majority of average to below average men are looked over simply because they just aren't attractive looking enough.

And I can gladly use myself as an example because I am one of those below average or ugly looking men who has sent dozens of well thought out messages to women who were at least average looking to me(and I think most people would say that I have grounded views on attractiveness), and I either get no reply, or I get a "Your so damn ugly, don't send me anymore messages! Ugh!" often. I had one woman send me a few messages once, and then she stopped messaging me all together.

I can't say that the 80/20 rule is a real thing, but for me, it sure as hell feels that way, at least when it comes to online dating, and possibly even for real life. Can't do anything right when it comes to this stuff anymore. **** it.

Edit: and that misspelling of you're in that quote wasn't a misspelling from me. That was Copy/pasted from one of my many messages that sound just like that from an average looking woman.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:59 PM

457 posts, read 605,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because slobs are disgusting and could change but don't. Sorry, but not interested in a man who never bathes or never wears clean clothes. He could be the best guy ever but with poor hygiene it makes him repulsive.
I'm talking about someone who prefers casual clothing, since among your complaints were wearing baseball caps, t-shirts, etc. You think a guy enjoys wearing a suit and tie? My profile pic at the moment is a formal one, but if people wanted to honestly know me, I'd be honest in saying I don't prefer dress shirts and/or a suit on a regular basis. How do you even know if a guy never bathes from a picture?

Old 10-27-2013, 04:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I'm talking about someone who prefers casual clothing, since among your complaints were wearing baseball caps, t-shirts, etc. You think a guy enjoys wearing a suit and tie? My profile pic at the moment is a formal one, but if people wanted to honestly know me, I'd be honest in saying I don't prefer dress shirts and/or a suit on a regular basis. How do you even know if a guy never bathes from a picture?
I'm not the one who mentioned the actual clothing. T shirts and baseball cap is fine if there are other photos, like of wearing sweaters with no cap.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Take height, for example. There are countless women out there (more than the majority) who require a potential significant other to be at least 6 ft tall.
hmm, I am not sure there are a lot of women who "require" their dates to be at least 6 ft tall. I think most women perhaps only want their men to be taller than them. That is all. For some women, height is not even an issue.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
If only people would spend as much time trying to actually meet people in real life as they do making charts, graphs, and bemoaning the shallowness of "women" - I think they would find their happiness levels would increase.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If only people would spend as much time trying to actually meet people in real life as they do making charts, graphs, and bemoaning the shallowness of "women" - I think they would find their happiness levels would increase.
Your right why make a pie chart when you can bake a pie?

Anyway why not just avoid shallow woman in the first place? then there is no need for any of this making charts, graphs,and so one.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I've never been on an online dating site but everything I've read suggests that men message pretty much the top 80% of women and ignore only about the bottom 20% - and women are ignoring the majority of men. Of course, on the internet I don't know quite what to believe.
Well, my aunt perhaps belongs to the bottom 20%. She was 42 when she was online, age is not an issue. She just had her breast cancer surgery, just finished her chemotherapy. She was a stage four breast cancer survivor. Most men won't date her, she was not delusional.
But she found another cancer survivor. For his age, he looked decent. I really think online dating can work, people just have to have reasonable expectations and give another person a chance.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Your right why make a pie chart when you can bake a pie?

Anyway why not just avoid shallow woman in the first place? then there is no need for any of this making charts, graphs,and so one.
The catch is, is you have no idea if said person is shallow or not, unless they make it obvious in there profile or they are walking down the street shouting "NO FAT CHIKS!" So you approach said person and you figure it out from there.

I don't quite get how people can keep saying junk like "They should meet people in there life and there dating life would significantly improve!!!111!!" And they do, and they're still met with the same ****, and it most likely doesn't have anything to do with who they choose to talk to, but rather who they run in to, to interact with, and who is also single.

Just blows my damn mind sometimes.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:17 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, my aunt perhaps belongs to the bottom 20%. She was 42 when she was online, age is not an issue. She just had her breast cancer surgery, just finished her chemotherapy. She was a stage four breast cancer survivor. Most men won't date her, she was not delusional.
But she found another cancer survivor. For his age, he looked decent. I really think online dating can work, people just have to have reasonable expectations and give another person a chance.

Someone need to make an online dating site that you ca not us your real name and can not post pic. You could have a group date kinda of think so when you do meet it would be safe .

It would be kinda of like a blind date online dating. I have not put any thought into this pop into my head.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Your looks and your inbox.
Not that there is anything wrong with this, of course, but it would help if women were a lot more honest about it like they were in this survey when given anonymity. It's not about things like "personality" or "confidence", it really is all about looks. Take height, for example. There are countless women out there (more than the majority) who require a potential significant other to be at least 6 ft tall. What they don't realize is that only 13% of men are 6 ft and taller. Hence, it should come as no surprise why so many men fail in the dating world and end up as 40 year old virgins. Most women are simply repulsed by them.
Yet the majority of ladies are still having sex with us........

Articles like this always make me laugh.

What a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships