Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:18 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
you know lilly, life is always so "peachy" for you.... i'm soo sooo over you tell us how dam perfect your rosy life is. ppl come here for answers to their relationship problems and you are always like "oh so sorry your life suks, i've never had that experience but i could only how bad you feel, that never happens to me cuz i got my sh*t together".

geezus...
What are you talking about? Are you mad?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
more like feeling jilted really... heartbreaker

Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Honestly, you used to seem like a nicer person. I never said that anyone's dating life would improve - but sitting around and making bitter charts, blaming women, and becoming more and more bitter - well, where did that ever get ANYONE? I'm saying that people's lives would improve if they would stop drowning in their sorrows and get out there and interact with REAL people. I'm not even just talking about the opposite sex. I mean - live your life! Find happiness where you can. I'm so sick of hearing all these excuses. "Women are more shallow than men! Women only want money! Women are to blame for all the evil in the world! Why don't they just ADMIT IT!" Well - where is that kind of thinking getting anyone? There are tons of guys out there in relationships - and they aren't all gorgeous millionaires. But they probably aren't the same guys that are making all these stupid charts and blaming women for causing all of their problems.
Really? I'm the same person that I was when i started making posts on this forum, I'm just not going to sit back and let women say that it's always the man's fault anymore. Not saying that you personally have posted anything like that in the past, present or future, but I've read it too often on this site, and I'm not going to sit back and say anything anymore.

i think you know that I'm one of the first posters that will chime in and say self improvement will help with any situation, as well as communication, but it's not always 100% those 2, there's always other factors. When it comes to myself, I know I have improvements to make, I don't need other people to try to tell me to change when I've already began addressing the stuff that I can address in the short term, and when people do, I tell them where they can shove there opinions. When it comes to this forum, I'm a lot more reserved than what I feel I should be, and sometimes I don't hold back. Honestly, you have no idea how hard i am on myself at times, so when others try to chime in, I don't let them go too far because they just aren't as rough as I am. But, i don't think I've ever asked for advice on this website before, so when advice is given, I don't want it from them.

The last thing I'm going to say, is I'm a lot of people's "go to" for advice and venting, both IRL and on this very forum. I guess I got a gift or something, because people love asking me questions about people and relationship stuff even though I feel that I'm the last person they should go to since I can't get DATES, so I have to take everyone elses problems and venting, and who do I go to, to vent? I don't have anyone, so I sometimes let it loose here, on a forum, where people can read it, but they don't have to reply to it. And I don't care if people reply to it or not, it's just me venting and releasing steam so I actually HOPE no one replies to it!

BTW, I totally admit that sometimes is misconstrued as "often". LOL

Old 10-27-2013, 05:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Is there going to be makeup sex in this thread? *popcorn*

Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I can understand not seeing as many good looking men with ugly women as it can vary with location, but claiming to see attractive women with average to below average men? That is clearly not the case. The frequency with which this occurs is one out of about every 21,000 couples. Barring extreme status and money, it just never happens, and the only possible explanation to your experiences (assuming you're being objective about measuring people's relative attractiveness) is if you live in a city like Manhattan. Attractive women would simply rather be alone and not date than date an average looking man, let alone a below average man. That's the stuff of fiction.

So you've dated jerks, which means all guys must be jerks. Nice. Believe it or not, but most men aren't jerks including very many good looking guys. I personally know some (including my brother) who have dated women who were much less attractive than they are, and gladly introduce them to other people, take pictures with them and posting it on their social networks, etc etc
Ah, one in 21,000 couples. Yep. Totally legit statistic I'm sure.

I've lived in the coast of CA and now I'm in the Boston area...so yeah, I see people constantly and there is no way that there are more couples like you describe. No way. Then again, we're probably seeing what we want to see. I know plenty of below average men that aren't rich and are with really beautiful women. I spent the weekend with 2 such couples as a matter of fact.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Can't even be honest and say something real that doesn't bash anyone without having someone try to be witty about it on the internet.

And people wonder why I rarely leave jackass mode.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
Quote:
haha, it was said in jest. lilly was just a cool friend i bantered with (prolly hottest here , like many others of course. but i'm done here. i'll still creep anonymously but my posting time on CDR has reached diminishing returns. i was on here only to get my dating chops back up to speed, and i have, and there is enough interesting offline activity that i've concluded my time is better spent focusing on that those interests as we head into the holidays. take care.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:09 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
well, wish you find real hot babe in real life.

good luck NK

Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
I hope so.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Can't even be honest and say something real that doesn't bash anyone without having someone try to be witty about it on the internet.

And people wonder why I rarely leave jackass mode.
I was just having fun. Sorry. I haven't even read most of the posts in the thread and couldn't really tell you what it's about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships