Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:54 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,178,654 times

Advertisements

women who go out drinking with out their men are all up to the same tricks. Well the young ones, at least. I can't belive there are dudes who fall for this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,573,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Drunk chick staying out with the girls = red flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
women who go out drinking with out their men are all up to the same tricks. Well the young ones, at least. I can't belive there are dudes who fall for this stuff.
Excuse me, sir. Your insecurity is showing.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,967,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Same sex, appropriate

opposite sex, completely inappropriate
Same sex , no different than opposite sex. It's all about understanding the other pardner , Could be the most difficult thing in the world to communicate . One of the reasons is we often do not understand ourselves.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This post worries me for several reasons

IMO if you dranks so much that you could not go home, you have an alcohol problem

Also, this man is milking the cow for free instead of trying to control your life, tell him untill he marries you he should shut up. Its just a boyfriend not a husband so you owe him nothing.
The world is not like that anymore....your age is showing.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,508,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This post worries me for several reasons

IMO if you dranks so much that you could not go home, you have an alcohol problem
OP said that she had a 40-mimute train ride to get home. It's late, she'd be going alone, she's tired and a little tipsy. It makes sense to crash at her friend's house for many reasons.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,695,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Lol no I'm not bi. He really doesn't act like this all the time, but he always wants me with him in bed at night. It's weird how clingy a grown man can be.
I sense that you like his clinginess

Old 11-10-2013, 08:41 AM

The very fact that the OP cares enough to come on CD and talk / ask about how others may feel tells me that she really cares about Her relationship w the boyfriend. It has nothing to do with being married or not.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,306,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Same sex , no different than opposite sex. It's all about understanding the other pardner , Could be the most difficult thing in the world to communicate . One of the reasons is we often do not understand ourselves.
in the words of a former teacher...that's crapppp!!

of course it makes a difference if its the same or opposite sex,,, makes all the difference in the world,,

what if next month she's a bridesmaid at a wedding out of town, he boyfriend could not go because of work
she commited to this before this boyfriend
so, she's away for two nights at this wedding-
it certainly makes a difference if she's staying over to a girl-friends place or it she's staying at a guys place

if they were married, and he didnt like the idea of this girl going out with another girl,on the town, but she went anyway, and then told him, she wouldnt be home,,,thats a bit different

a guy shouldnt get possesive if there is no ring on her finger or doesnt live with her or isnt married to her
everyone needs space

Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 AM

541 posts, read 1,147,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
So me and my boyfriend just had a huge argument about this and I'm interested in hearing people's viewpoints. Last night, I went out with a girlfriend for dinner and drinks. At around midnight, we went back to her place and I felt pretty tired from drinking and just decided to crash at her place. I live in Chicago and her place is like a 40 minute train ride from my apartment.

When I called my boyfriend (who I live with) last night to tell him I was staying over, he went ballistic. He said he didn't like it at all didn't think it was right for a grown woman to spend the night at a friend's house. He even told me he'd pay for my cab if I just came home. After arguing for a few minutes, I told him I was staying and that I would be home in the morning.

Is it me or is he overreacting? I just find this so weird. He also didn't like the fact that I've only known this girl for a couple months and that he's only met her once.
Married 18 years here, spent Friday 11/1 at GF's house. It was great, no one to ask me to make them food!

I actually like taking a break now and then. When I come home, everyone is happy I'm back! And having a break, I'm happy to be there.

Your boyfriend is over-reacting.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:26 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,492,659 times
He is controlling and probably headed towards abusive.

Oh, and he does not trust you.

But I think you probably already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships