Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 PM

428 posts, read 475,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Quoting a mouthpiece for the religious right isn't exactly bolstering your credibility when it comes to claiming facts. From the site's About page:

You'll have to come up with something better than a right-wing zealot website masquerading as a news site.
I actually don't need a source anyway.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I actually don't need a source anyway.

I forget which CD member's status is set to this at present, but it's perfect: Who needs facts when you have conjecture?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
I found this interesting from OP

" Being raised in a family where i have never witnessed a single happy marriage and exposed to bitter fights between my aunt and uncle, how can one expect to be positive about love and romance"

I've always said this many times plays a factor. A lot of young guys simply don't see positive examples of marriage in their everyday lives. If I had a dollar for everytime an older married dude told me to never get married I would be rich. Plus a lot of happily married guys don't do a good job promoting it as a good thing. I remember hill Harper talking about this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBxlz2hMUeo

He said when the happily married dude is out with his friends he keeps that to himself, but the guy who cant stand his wife can't stop talking about it. This obviously doesn't help

Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I forget which CD member's status is set to this at present, but it's perfect: Who needs facts when you have conjecture?
Why straight men are boycotting marriage

Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I found this interesting from OP

" Being raised in a family where i have never witnessed a single happy marriage and exposed to bitter fights between my aunt and uncle, how can one expect to be positive about love and romance"

I've always said this many times plays a factor. A lot of young guys simply don't see positive examples of marriage in their everyday lives. If I had a dollar for everytime an older married dude told me to never get married I would be rich. Plus a lot of happily married guys don't do a good job promoting it as a good thing. I remember hill Harper talking about this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBxlz2hMUeo

He said when the happily married dude is out with his friends he keeps that to himself, but the guy who cant stand his wife can't stop talking about it. This obviously doesn't help
Thank you so much for the video and answer. At least someone understand.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Quote:
Even today, when men are second class citizens there are still guys willing to champion women's rights (and privileges). Do you think if women were in charge they would be putting men on a pedestal and taking care of their "loved" ones?. Men love women more; both physically and emotionally: Women don't tend to date poor guys. They tend to "want" men not because they love them but because they like to be loved by them. The "key" to female arousal lies in them being the centre of attention and feeling sexy rather than feeling anything for their partners. (they are self-centred and selfish). Guys tend to suicide more and also tend to have a harder time after a break up. Women are the ones asking for divorce more often (>70%). Besides.. Men have dedicated a lot of art to women, but what about the opposite?: When women paint, they tend to paint other women. When women write about love, they focus on the woman being the centre of attention and “love” becomes a synonym for “gynocentric egocentrism”.When women sing about relationships, they rarely focus on the guy; it is always about them unless they are looking for someone to blame.I have seen and witnessed this from my bare eyes and i have every right to say these things here. This does not however make me a misogynist.
Even if parts of this may be true, I agree that within your right to express your views as freely as any woman, there is no legitimate cause to villify feminine perspective in the process. The intelligent among us realize that we have not spent enough time learning to respect the differences between the genders.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
i dont believe in marriage, but that doesnt stop me from taking out ladies. it is more common these days to meet girls that do not believe in marriage either, just have to find one that isnt a believer in the "american dream"
This is normal. And thank you for not making repetitive declarative threads about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well, now we know the source of a lot of the nonsense that gets posted here.

If straight men are supposedly boycotting marriage in significant numbers, why are so many of them getting married? Why are there just as many wedding announcements in the news outlets as there always were? It's women who are postponing marriage, and some of those with financial assets are opting out. There have always been men, and women, who have chosen not to remain single.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, now we know the source of a lot of the nonsense that gets posted here.

If straight men are supposedly boycotting marriage in significant numbers, why are so many of them getting married? Why are there just as many wedding announcements in the news outlets as there always were? It's women who are postponing marriage, and some of those with financial assets are opting out. There have always been men, and women, who have chosen not to remain single.
More men and women are avoiding marriage than ever before. That is the OBVIOUS point some people are trying to make.

Odd that you missed it.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
More men and women are avoiding marriage than ever before. That is the OBVIOUS point some people are trying to make.

Odd that you missed it.
I haven't seen any proof that the assertion is true. (Odd that you missed that, especially in view of post #87, among others.)

Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships