Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 02:01 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
This!! Why do people in general go weeding out information on the internet that is negative and then try to paint a broad brush and say everyone is that way? For every woman that doesn't like a physical quality that I have may like a phyiscal quality that you have. There are women that like short men, they are out there and just because a woman doesn't like you, it could be for another reason. I have a friend who is single and he only prefers to date outside of his race. And anytime a woman rejects it is because he is black, that is his excuse for everything, it's so ridiculous. He doesn't realize by saying this, it just keeps him from working on the things that REALLY makes him unattractive to women. Stop focusing on the people that don't like short men. it will only make you more negative and depressed
You are overflowing with the brilliance today! People are their own worst enemies when they are hung up on their own skin color, height, and make assumptions that other people are hung up on it too. One of the worst things you can do is speak on behalf of another, when you have no idea what they are thinking in the first place and are making assumptions based on your own perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
It would be sombering and depressing to learn that someone took their own lives based on what was said on this forum or any other. I don't know, I just had that thought when I saw the title of this thread.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:38 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly. I think I'm going to start googling topics such as how mixed raced people are disgusting, men who hate women with cellulite, men who hate actresses, etc.
Oooh! I'm going to go read up on how women over 30 are past their prime and how women who've had sex are used up! Finding out how many dummies wouldn't give me a second look totally seems like a productive and beneficial use of my evening.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:40 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I just find it comical that men are looked at as shallow pigs when women are probably moreso..Women want to be loved for "who they are" yet alot arent willing to give men the sam chance..
You are comparing two different things. And I beg to differ that "a lot" of women aren't willing to give men the same chance.

Everyone should be loved for who they are. That's why women in so many threads advise men to "be themselves" just try to better themselves. Don't try to change yourself to attract some made-up woman in your head (or even a woman you know). Wait for one that likes you for you, the traits you have, etc.

EDIT: Being loved for who you are is not the same as "everyone" loving you. Or even the majority loving you. It just means you shouldn't change yourself of feel that you should have to change yourself for anyone else. And while there are people out there who won't be attracted to you for it, there are also people out there who find you perfectly attractive the way you are.

When I hear accusations of "shallowness" abound is usually when someone has started a thread about X trait (whatever that trait might be: weight, race, age, etc) and complain that people are shallow concerning it. Most times that perceived "shallowness" is just a preference that people can't even control. People like what they like. It's like, for example, blue cheese. Some people love it, some hate it. You can't make someone who hates it love it... the person themselves can't even force them self to love it. Where it becomes "shallow" is when the name calling starts.

The whole being called shallow happens to men and women alike here on this forum. The reason you probably think this phenomena only happens to men is because you are one and notice it.

Last edited by jillabean; 12-17-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 02:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,671 times
The OP and others like him are fairly set in their ways, so any kind of different opinion is going to fall on deaf ears. And then the opinions they agree with get repeated and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If your opinion is generally negative and reading tough love or dissenting opinions is going to upset you, it might be better to just talk with friends about these things.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So...you had a chance with women, but decided to end it. If you can't look past being 'not compatible' then why do you expect women to look past not being attracted to you? And yes, you did reject her.

I'm being mostly facetious here, but still... most dudes aren't into me looks-wise, but that's their issue not mine. I get told on this forum that, as a woman, all I have to do is step outside and I'll be constantly inundated with male attention. That obviously doesn't happen.

You're obsessed with looks though, which is odd considering looks aren't nearly as important to women as they are for men. I have a feeling you've had women attracted to you, but completely dismissed and ignored them because they weren't hot enough for you. Happens all the time, many guys are completely oblivious to it because 'not hot' women basically don't exist to them.
I think you have as big of a chip on your shoulder as I do. Which I actually completely understand.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oooh! I'm going to go read up on how women over 30 are past their prime and how women who've had sex are used up! Finding out how many dummies wouldn't give me a second look totally seems like a productive and beneficial use of my evening.
I prefer women in early-mid 30s so that's not true.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I prefer women in early-mid 30s so that's not true.
Yes it is. I can show you tons of posts from men on here and studies and articles about it. Therefore, it's true.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Do you also have a collection of ALL the posts in which women said they do date short guys, short guys are cool, etc. etc. ? And what about these posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptAndOvercome;
Lord... I am a 5'4" male. Many women don't like it. I accept it and drive the $%$$ on. Some people get the short end of the stick in life . It's how you respond that matters. Don't worry about finding a date, and just be the best man you can be. The rest will fall into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptAndOvercome;
I am a short man. However, I managed to be Army Special Operation. I managed to be an amazing engineer. I managed to be an amazing husband. My height does not define me in any way. I rise above the bs that people assign to me, and I become great.
THE. BEST. SHORT GUY. POST/ADVICE. EVER!!! I suggest you follow it. This guy is HOT! It's that kind of quiet confidence that attracts women. I'd date this guy in a heartbeat.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you also have a collection of ALL the posts in which women said they do date short guys, short guys are cool, etc. etc. ?
Those posts are the minority. They don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships