Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 07:08 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Yeah, but you know? Most of the men you know who haven't seen you naked would like to see you naked, too. In fact, men you don't even know, men who might see you pass by on the street, would also like to see you naked.

Following your logic, women should completely disassociate from all men who they are not currently sleeping with or who are blood relatives. That is a ridiculous, impossible standard.
LOL. You have a good point there.

I don't understand the thought that one would be more inclined to sleep with an ex. Even if I am friendly with and ex, they are ex for a reason and any attraction is gone. I can be civil and friendly but for me when its over its OVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
My son has dated girls who had guy friends. He would tell them, "You know that guy wants to get in your pants, don't you?" They'd laugh it off, and insist the guys were just friends. Months later, the girl would be shocked that the guy had propositioned her. The truth is that a guy can't fool another guy.

After a couple of very tumultuous relationships, my son now has the attitude that if his girlfriend cheats, he's out of there. No negotiating, no bargaining, nothing. He'll just leave. He's not saying who his girlfriend can or can't be friends with, but he now has a zero tolerance policy in regards to any kind of cheating. I see nothing wrong with that; in fact, he's showing a lot of maturity and self-respect. I admire him a great deal, as I wasn't so mature at only 25 years old.
Your son is very wise!

You did a good job raising him.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Aunt 936 View Post
You asked for one's opinion and I gave you mine. You come across as a very strong minded individual. Trust can't be built without honesty, and you have to trust the person you chose to be with to be honest with you at minimum. A ground to walk on.

You already have your future wife pictured in your mind. What you seek in every female, doesn't compare. Always go with your gut. If it's wrong, its wrong. You already know it, and getting suggestions from other people on CD aren't going to change your strong mind.
I am not saying you can never trust someone just that it takes a little bit of time. 1-2 months of dating is not enough imho and most of the times things like this come out in those first 2-3 months. What do you mean though by the part I bolded in your response?

Quote:
I will amend my previous statement and 1st comment to this: You come across JUST LIKE MY SO. Very stubborn and you have to ALWAYS BE RIGHT.

So just as I would say to him....... You're right.
Maybe I am your so in disguise! Caught you again!!!!!

I don't always have to be right but on this one I am going to be very rigid because it is indeed what I believe. That's why in the OP I am looking to see what peoples rationalizations are but I have gotten more of a random critique about me personally. The only rationalization given in this thread so far has been there is no difference between an ex and a random guy. And also that ex's can just be friends. Otherwise mostly all pages of this thread are a critique on me which I find pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. You have a good point there.

I don't understand the thought that one would be more inclined to sleep with an ex. Even if I am friendly with and ex, they are ex for a reason and any attraction is gone. I can be civil and friendly but for me when its over its OVER.

Which planet do you live on? Seriously, how many of you believe this to be true. Raise your hands now you have me curious.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 AM

155 posts, read 189,447 times
Your vision of the perfect woman. (There is no such thing as a perfect woman.) You want a very intellectual female, who does not NEED you, yet wants and enjoys your company. You want a female with a strong mind and is able to hold conversation/ debate with you. (She will be just as stubborn as you, fyi., and eventually you will love that about her.) She has to be attractive. She has to open minded as well. Enjoy some of the same interests that you have, yet have her own as well.

Those are just some. I haven't said anything you haven't already thought of.......

Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Your vision of the perfect woman. (There is no such thing as a perfect woman.) You want a very intellectual female, who does not NEED you, yet wants and enjoys your company. You want a female with a strong mind and is able to hold conversation/ debate with you. (She will be just as stubborn as you, fyi., and eventually you will love that about her.) She has to be attractive. She has to open minded as well. Enjoy some of the same interests that you have, yet have her own as well.

Those are just some. I haven't said anything you haven't already thought of.......
Check your PM in a sec

Old 03-07-2014, 10:51 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Funny how hypocritical people can be criticizing OP for being controlling, yet they've clearly demonstrated the behavior themselves.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:06 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Which planet do you live on? Seriously, how many of you believe this to be true. Raise your hands now you have me curious.
Clearly not the same planet as you. You should try her planet. It's a pretty cool place. A bit more grounded in reality than yours. You REALLY don't understand women!

It doesn't matter if an ex still hopes to get in your gf's pants. What matters is that your gf is no longer interested. She's with YOU. She broke up with HIM for a reason! She is n-o-t i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-e-d. She's relieved to no longer have to deal with him on a daily basis, on an intimate level. It's OVER for her. Try to get your mind around that.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Clearly not the same planet as you. You should try her planet. It's a pretty cool place. A bit more grounded in reality than yours. You REALLY don't understand women!

It doesn't matter if an ex still hopes to get in your gf's pants. What matters is that your gf is no longer interested. She's with YOU. She broke up with HIM for a reason! She is n-o-t i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-e-d. She's relieved to no longer have to deal with him on a daily basis, on an intimate level. It's OVER for her. Try to get your mind around that.
blah blah blah blah

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. If you actually read my posts you would know what specifically happened in my situation. Clearly you didn't!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:32 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
blah blah blah blah

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. If you actually read my posts you would know what specifically happened in my situation. Clearly you didn't!
Did you see the part where I was responding to a general question you asked? Clearly, you didn't...

Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did you see the part where I was responding to a general question you asked? Clearly, you didn't...
Either way you are wrong and naive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships